Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Can someone explain what Harbaugh was thinking?

I simply don't like to chase points when it's not necessary. Had he just kicked 3 extra points, the game is 33-31. If we stop KC on that last series, they punt to us, and we have about 1 minute to get into FG range, and I'm confident we'd do that. From FG range, Justin Tucker is money, and a FG with no time left gives you a 34-33 win.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    I simply don't like to chase points when it's not necessary. Had he just kicked 3 extra points, the game is 33-31. If we stop KC on that last series, they punt to us, and we have about 1 minute to get into FG range, and I'm confident we'd do that. From FG range, Justin Tucker is money, and a FG with no time left gives you a 34-33 win.
    Harbs would run a fake fg.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiec 4m4 minutes ago

Harbaugh said analytics supported decision on all three two-point tries. Reiterated team is not going to play scared.
    He's beyond rational in games like this. Time for the pendulum to swing and get ultra conservative until they win.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiec 4m4 minutes ago

Harbaugh said analytics supported decision on all three two-point tries. Reiterated team is not going to play scared.
    I'm calling bullshit on Harbaugh's analytics. I think he misunderstood what ever point the analytics person was trying to make. There's playing scared, then there's playing stupid.

That’s disappointing Harbaugh won’t man up. If he did, just move on to Cleveland and call it a bad game. Some coaches would just admit they screwed up, Harbaugh though is better than that somehow.....Those few points here and there ended up mattering, and anyone can see that Harbaugh determined them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstick View Post
    @AaronKazreports
    ·
    5m
    John Harbaugh was very clear that he believes in his offense and the 2-point conversion decisions were supported by analytics. #Ravens

I honestly had more issues with the play calls on the 2-point tries than the decisions. Ingram was too hot not to use there.
    The decision to go for 2 and the play you call go hand in hand. You can't separate the 2. If teams had a play that was as high percentage as an extra point they'd use it all the time. The Ravens don't have such a play as 3 failed attempts will attest.

I think the end of the game proves Harbaugh wrong. If you can stop the Chiefs on 3rd and 10 then Lamar only has to get to the 40 for a realistic attempt with no timeouts as opposed to a TD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    I don't see any justification on the first two point attempt or the last one. Harbaugh pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining.
    He can be a such a schmuck sometimes! Just say yea i messed up i take it and move on. Smh just like the politician ceo he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't really need Harbs making game decisions if he relies that heavily on analytics. Just have a coach out there with a cellphone and say, "ok Google, what play should I call?"

9. Re: Can someone explain what Harbaugh was thinking?

John must have made an early trip to the hood for some Meth or Crack, because what he did today was coaching malfeasance. Then he had the nerve to blame "analytics" for his piss poor game decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    The decision to go for 2 and the play you call go hand in hand. You can't separate the 2. If teams had a play that was as high percentage as an extra point they'd use it all the time. The Ravens don't have such a play as 3 failed attempts will attest.

I think the end of the game proves Harbaugh wrong. If you can stop the Chiefs on 3rd and 10 then Lamar only has to get to the 40 for a realistic attempt with no timeouts as opposed to a TD.
    Yeah, I think that was Harbaugh's mistake. We were not close with the 2-point tries, but he was going for them like we were.

I think the arguments bolstering Harbaugh's decisions are, that if we make one of the three, we're only down 3 points going in the last drive, make three of three, and we're actually winning by 1.

I think those decisions look a lot better if Lamar wasn't so much worse today than he's been in the first 2 games. Harbaugh was calling the game like we were getting week 1-2 Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Harbaugh was desperate and impatient and his lack of awareness cost the team dearly today.
    I concur. It was unnecessary and stupid in my opinion to get cute today.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    That’s disappointing Harbaugh won’t man up. If he did, just move on to Cleveland and call it a bad game. Some coaches would just admit they screwed up, Harbaugh though is better than that somehow.....Those few points here and there ended up mattering, and anyone can see that Harbaugh determined them.
    Lol. Not a very good “Mighty Man” today Mr Harbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk