Page 1 of 28 123 ... LastLast

Can someone explain what Harbaugh was thinking?

Down 11 - goes for 2

I'll take any and all explanations for what Harbs was thinking here. Explain it to me like I'm a fourth grader.

Re: Can someone explain what Harbaugh was thinking?

No.

/thread.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    No.

/thread.
    I'm really confused though - am I missing some kind of advanced mathematics here? Any theoretical math majors on the board?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I'm really confused though - am I missing some kind of advanced mathematics here? Any theoretical math majors on the board?
    No you aren't.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Think Mike Locksley calls against Temple. Field goal wins it but noooooo I got balls!

Blog Entries

It reminds me of a Pittsburgh game a few seasons ago where they had 4 failed 2 point conversions and ended up losing 35-30 to Dallas.

Harbaugh was desperate and impatient and his lack of awareness cost the team dearly today.

I still support Harbaugh but let Roman handle the decision making. Just sit back and be the administrative coach.

Blog Entries

He wasn't.

I said on Twitter this is the worst coached game I can ever recall since Harbaugh has been here, from the game plan to the in game decisions. I generally am a fan of JH but this was really, really bad. No idea what anyone on our sideline was thinking today.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Not 100% sure about the math regarding down 11, but there is a corollary to the fact that if you are down 14 and score a TD to cut it to 8, you should always go for 2. This just tacks on the need for a FG, so one could argue analytically that it's actually the better option.

The reasoning is that if you're down 9, a TD, PAT and FG wins you the game outright without needing OT, which is at best a 50/50 proposition. Now being down 11 make introduce other permutations than being down just 8, but one would think the same logic applies.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

against an elite team our glaring weakness was exposed. We have no hunter killers on the edge. It breaks the the whole defense who cares when a QB has dys to play on 3rd and long.