Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Rumor: Ramsey trade declined

So let’s say we were to get him, and Jimmy comes back healthy, who’s ya where, what’s the rotation look like?
    In my kind? Marlon and Jalen play in the rare occasion that we only have 4 DB’s on the field, but in the much more common nickel I would our Jalen in the slot and have Jimmy and merlon wide with giving breaks and playing in the light dime with Levine in the heavy dome. Would anyone suggest anything different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Exactly.

Trade for ramsey and if brown is innocent sign em. Lol
    Lol. If Brown's innocent ? LMFAO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Lol. If Brown's innocent ? LMFAO.

Haha. Well said.

That is a fair deal for both sides. Just be patient, we could still get it done early next week. Just let Khan and the Jags try their bullshit with Ramsey so he can tell them "No, not interested. Trade me". Then they will stop playing coy and just pull the trigger with us.

We've never been a "put us over the top" kind of organization. Even when we were immediate Super Bowl contenders we still largely avoided big FA signings, only gave up mid-level picks for vets and were more than comfortable with letting established vets go in free agency. This wouldn't be our style and to be honest even Ramsey's on field performance isn't 100% without question marks despite what he showed in 2017.

Eugene Frenette
    @GeneFrenette
    Source tells me #ravens locker room was buzzing Tuesday about trade going down for Ramsey, but all quiet since then. Reports from Baltimore, not ESPN or NFL Network, said Ravens offered a 1, 2 and TE Hayden Hurst, got turned down. If that's true, doubt #Jaguars get better offer.
    Gene Frenette's source is Culex.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    We've never been a "put us over the top" kind of organization. Even when we were immediate Super Bowl contenders we still largely avoided big FA signings, only gave up mid-level picks for vets and were more than comfortable with letting established vets go in free agency. This wouldn't be our style and to be honest even Ramsey's on field performance isn't 100% without question marks despite what he showed in 2017.
    Amen brother.

Don't get on the bandwagon Jimmy. Somebody needs be on the "developmental vs win now" bandwagon.
    I think I might be on the "win now" bandwagon -- where "now" = "during Lamar's rookie contract".

I don't believe DeCosta really made this offer.

Btw. I deserve extra credit for posting at a wedding right now. The girlfriend's friends, not mine
    Shyah, I'm sure "extra credit" is exactly what the the girlfriend feels you deserve.

Have fun! Dance with her a little.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think I might be on the "win now" bandwagon -- where "now" = "during Lamar's rookie contract".

I don't believe DeCosta really made this offer.

Shyah, I'm sure "extra credit" is exactly what the the girlfriend feels you deserve.

Have fun! Dance with her a little.
    The during Lamar’s rookie contract is where I’m with you. I also don’t believe DeCosta made that offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Ramsey is not the guy to put us over the top. A pass rusher would be that guy, there isn’t one available right now.

Besides, I find it hard to believe that if Jacksonville offered Ramsey “Highest paid CB in history” money, he’d turn it down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Ramsey is not the guy to put us over the top. A pass rusher would be that guy
    Unless the prognosis for Jimmy Smith isn't as promising as initially thought?

We still gotta matchup with that gang from Cleveland. Worries me.