Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Future of Pass Rush

With all the hoopla, thank god the Raven’s didn’t trade for Ramsey, what do we do about getting a legit troublemaking OLB or DE?

I browsed around and aside from Clowney who will be a free agent next year, the FA pool looks lean if I am reading the tea leaves correctly. I am not detracting from what we have, who knows maybe Ferguson shows no need if he ever hits the field.

A lot of you guys are draftniks, I admit, I don’t follow college much, but I did some browsing, this guy stood out to me. In all likelihood, we will have to part with picks to move up within the draft to get him, but I think Terrell Lewis looks like a future great rusher.

BIO LINK

Re: Future of Pass Rush

Crazy that Lewis is only the second best edge rusher in this class that Maryland was in on down to the end of the recruitment, after possible 1-1 pick Chase Young... the DMV is always so loaded with edge talent and Maryland always seems to come up just short.

It should be a good class though and I honestly wouldn’t mind doubling up in the first and the third the way we did with WRs this year. Even if Ferguson hits, Williams and Bowser look more or less like what everybody except for me and Bc expected them to, Za obviously isn’t a long term solution, and who knows what kind of crazy money somebody might throw at Judon if he has a 10 sack type year

There are some intriguing names for free agent DE and OLB
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/defensive-end/
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...de-linebacker/

What would be nice is if Judon becomes the most productive pass rusher, and there’s names of a lot of players who are going to be available who aren’t going to command big dollars that would be improvements. Draft someone as well and next season the pass rush could be totally bolstered. They have nothing close to a Suggs/Dumervil tandem right now.

The Gerald McCoy deal was only for 1 season. Maybe he takes Baltimore up on an offer the second time around. I also see Whitney Mercilus on that list of potential free agents. What are the chances he actually makes it to free agency?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    There are some intriguing names for free agent DE and OLB
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/defensive-end/
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...de-linebacker/

What would be nice is if Judon becomes the most productive pass rusher, and there’s names of a lot of players who are going to be available who aren’t going to command big dollars that would be improvements. Draft someone as well and next season the pass rush could be totally bolstered. They have nothing close to a Suggs/Dumervil tandem right now.
    If Judon excels, that would be awesome, even more so if Ferguson develops. I'm not high on the free agents. Does Suh have much left and he likely wants way more than he is worth, but he isn't edge anyway. I think his best days are behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    The Gerald McCoy deal was only for 1 season. Maybe he takes Baltimore up on an offer the second time around. I also see Whitney Mercilus on that list of potential free agents. What are the chances he actually makes it to free agency?
    McCoy strikes me as knucklehead, signing with the Panthers just for spite, enjoying 0-2 and maybe more without Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    If Judon excels, that would be awesome, even more so if Ferguson develops. I'm not high on the free agents. Does Suh have much left and he likely wants way more than he is worth, but he isn't edge anyway. I think his best days are behind him.

McCoy strikes me as knucklehead, signing with the Panthers just for spite, enjoying 0-2 and maybe more without Cam.
    Who tf cares if he’s spiteful tho

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Who tf cares if he’s spiteful tho
    Just seemed boneheaded to take less money.

Just seemed boneheaded to take less money.
    Sure but like, does that make you think he’ll play worse? He made he a knucklehead, but he doesn’t seem like a bonehead in a way that would affect his play or our locker room

Blog Entries

Sure but like, does that make you think he’ll play worse? He made he a knucklehead, but he doesn’t seem like a bonehead in a way that would affect his play or our locker room
    Nothing, just bitter he signed elsewhere to be honest.

Nothing, just bitter he signed elsewhere to be honest.
    Za Darius seems to have improved our D a lot so far. Without him we would be terrible on D.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Za Darius seems to have improved our D a lot so far. Without him we would be terrible on D.
    Not gonna lie, I miss ZDS...

I honestly wouldn’t mind doubling up in the first and the third the way we did with WRs this year.
    And TEs the year before.
    It's our new draft method. Take two!

Za obviously isn’t a long term solution
    Pernell.

... and who knows what kind of crazy money somebody might throw at Judon if he has a 10 sack type year
    Yah, good point.

Maybe we can compete. DeCosta has to keep some powder dry for Stanley. But who else among our pending FAs would be a priority?

Peanut? Pierce? Levine?