Lamar Jackson Answers The Naysayers

After Day 1 of the 2018 NFL Draft I had a text exchange with Eric DeCosta during which he asked me what I thought of the pick of Lamar Jackson. I told him that history suggests that style of quarterback doesn't have a long shelf-life but I'd love it if he could reverse that trend. Eric said at the time that even if Lamar didn't work out at QB, he's such a talented playmaker that the Ravens might find other ways to use him.

Makes sense.

I then made a comment to Eric after listening to Lamar's hard to decipher, post-selection interview with Deion Sanders:

"If I was in the Ravens huddle, I wouldn't be able to understand the play called by Lamar."

To which Eric responded (and this is perfect):

"Well Tony, it's a good thing for the Baltimore Ravens that you AREN'T in our huddle."

That said, my doubts lingered until I saw Lamar's development during the spring and summer of 2019. Things started to come together...an offense designed for him, teammates that really bought into him and labeled Lamar a star in the making. The organizational commitment...

My confidence lifted. I even went on record, predicting an 11-5 record for the team here at RSR and a media poll conducted by Press Box. So far so good.

Lamar has quieted some of the naysayers, yet it's worth taking a look back at those who really slammed him and how he let actions, not words, address his detractors.

Keep doing your thing Lamar.

You've made a believer out of me and I'm happy to say that I was wrong.

Last edited by TL24x7; 09-21-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Lamar Jackson Answers The Naysayers

I just want him to be careful when he runs as I always get nervous when he takes off. I don't want to see him get hurt. With him in there the Ravens have a shot at the Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    I just want him to be careful when he runs as I always get nervous when he takes off. I don't want to see him get hurt. With him in there the Ravens have a shot at the Super Bowl.
    He didn't run much in the Dolphins game. He ran out of bounds after picking up 1st downs mostly versus the Cardinals. Can't really recall him taking any hits yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    He didn't run much in the Dolphins game. He ran out of bounds after picking up 1st downs mostly versus the Cardinals. Can't really recall him taking any hits yet.
    I hold my breath every time Rodgers does it. Love LJ, he's a class act. He's going to be a star in this league.

Russell Wilson is a running qb. He just knows when to slide and get out of bounds. We can't take that weapon away from Lamar just have to be smart about it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I hold my breath every time Rodgers does it. Love LJ, he's a class act. He's going to be a star in this league.
    I hope so! If he has a good game and beats the Chiefs tomorrow he'll be the talk of the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I hope so! If he has a good game and beats the Chiefs tomorrow he'll be the talk of the NFL.
    Who's after KC?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    Russell Wilson is a running qb. He just knows when to slide and get out of bounds. We can't take that weapon away from Lamar just have to be smart about it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Very true.

Who's after KC?
    Browns

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Browns
    You guys will win that one.