Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Haven't read much about Lamar's pinky on the back of the football for a while.

And for that matter, no 600 page threads on spiral science. Let the young man play his game is all we (well most of us) were saying.
    I'm glad we made the choice to go all in with him. I'm excited to see how high his ceiling is

#teamlj8

Re: Haven't read much about Lamar's pinky on the back of the football for a while.

I'm not knowledgeable enough on the grip issue specifically to comment one way or the other, but it appears to me that through 2 games his footwork and throwing motion have looked much improved. Notably, one of the only passes I would consider to have been a true "miss" was a sidearm throw over the middle against the Cardinals, if I recall correctly.

I said previously that the kind of mechanical issues Lamar had previously are difficult to correct with 10-ish years of muscle memory behind them. But "difficult" is not "impossible" especially for someone with the work ethic of Lamar Jackson--which was a caveat I always made. (See sig below.)

Re: Haven't read much about Lamar's pinky on the back of the football for a while.

Amen. One year ago some of us were out here saying Lamar is the future even while Joe was starting.

Most couldn't understand the vision much less handle the optimism. Either way I'm glad to see the LJ bandwagon filling up.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Funny, I believe LJ's improvement is in large part due to his taking into consideration things like pinky placement and spiral science. I give him credit for working on his craft and believe that that will carry him longer if not further than his legs.

For the record ....it was his index finger on the point of the ball that brought concern.
    As far as “spiral science” this will be the first bad weather game we’ve played. Poor weather is were spirals come to play. Clean air you can flip the ball through it.

That being said Lamar so far is Night and day better than last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    For the record ....it was his index finger on the point of the ball that brought concern.
    As far as “spiral science” this will be the first bad weather game we’ve played. Poor weather is were spirals come to play. Clean air you can flip the ball through it.

Lax is correct, it was his index finger. It would be next to impossible to throw a ball having your pinky on the back point of a ball. just look at your hand and imagine a ball in it and where the pinky would be. That being said, his throws no longer seem to wobble. Not sure if it's his grip or not, but whatever he's doing, he needs to keep doing it.

Lmao pinky. Wtf is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Lol. Maybe the OP just made a mistake? He’s only off by 3 digits. Lol.

As a side note ....I’d challenge ANYONE to throw a spiral with their pinky on the end of the ball!! Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Lax is correct, it was his index finger. It would be next to impossible to throw a ball having your pinky on the back point of a ball. just look at your hand and imagine a ball in it and where the pinky would be. That being said, his throws no longer seem to wobble. Not sure if it's his grip or not, but whatever he's doing, he needs to keep doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I was being facetious lol

Lol. Maybe the OP just made a mistake? He’s only off by 3 digits. Lol.

As a side note ....I’d challenge ANYONE to throw a spiral with their pinky on the end of the ball!! Lmao.

Hey LAX You guys took them to overtime last year and LJ is way better! You'll win this time around

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    I was being facetious lol
    I figured. Just wanted to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Hey LAX You guys took them to overtime last year and LJ is way better! You'll win this time around
    Let’s hope. Should be a great game