1. Arizona Senator In Hot Water

In yet another sign of dysfunction in DC, there is a Senator who is just "not Democratic enough" for her party. Yes, both parties do it. That's not what this is about. It's about how a politician who goes to DC and does just what they say they are going to do gets in hot water for not falling in line w/the party. It's not a Democrat or Republican thing. Is there any reason to expect things to ever change in DC?

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...in/2365979001/

Re: Arizona Senator In Hot Water

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    In yet another sign of dysfunction in DC, there is a Senator who is just "not Democratic enough" for her party. Yes, both parties do it. That's not what this is about. It's about how a politician who goes to DC and does just what they say they are going to do gets in hot water for not falling in line w/the party. It's not a Democrat or Republican thing. Is there any reason to expect things to ever change in DC?

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...in/2365979001/
    This country is headed for a civil war. Both parties have allowed the extreme wing to control their party. If anyone tried to work with the other side, they are shamed out of office.

When it is ok to attack someone for the way they view things, the days are numbered.

This is a shame. Here’s a politician who’s actually tryin to do her job , you know be bi-partizan work with others , care about your constituents, and her party ( who I don’t think she really is a Dem since prior to 16? She was an INdY) hates her? What the hell?

It’s a sad day when the right likes you and you’re own party hates you. lol.

Side note : she’s not bad looking either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Re: Arizona Senator In Hot Water

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    This country is headed for a civil war. Both parties have allowed the extreme wing to control their party. If anyone tried to work with the other side, they are shamed out of office.

When it is ok to attack someone for the way they view things, the days are numbered.
    I agree. That goes for both "sides".

Smh I am a centrist/moderate/libertarian and I feel like we're a dying breed. So much extremism in this country

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. Re: Arizona Senator In Hot Water

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    This is a shame. Here’s a politician who’s actually tryin to do her job , you know be bi-partizan work with others , care about your constituents, and her party ( who I don’t think she really is a Dem since prior to 16? She was an INdY) hates her? What the hell?

It’s a sad day when the right likes you and you’re own party hates you. lol.

Side note : she’s not bad looking either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think she may want to switch over. Or go back to being a freebird. I respect a politician who votes their conscience as well as doing what she said she'd do for her constituents. What a concept. After all, that IS what they are supposed to do.

7. Re: Arizona Senator In Hot Water

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Smh I am a centrist/moderate/libertarian and I feel like we're a dying breed. So much extremism in this country

It seems like there are a lot of like-minded folks like you in this country to someday change things. One can only hope. Do what you can to affect change. It's our country. I like this lady and respect her for standing up to do the right thing. Maybe someday she'll seek higher office. The people of Arizona are lucky to have her.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post

I dont think you are a dying breed. I think this is why trump won. So many people were/are sick of the “party first” mentality. Trump ran on the ticket, but he is basically an independent. Both parties hate him.

You might hate his personality, but if you are not a “party first” guy, then you should appreciate what Trump has done. trump is a ground breaker when it comes to shaking up the Dem Rep mentality. Hopefully this opens the door to many other centrist outsiders running

9. Re: Arizona Senator In Hot Water

I dont think you are a dying breed. I think this is why trump won. So many people were/are sick of the “party first” mentality. Trump ran on the ticket, but he is basically an independent. Both parties hate him.

You might hate his personality, but if you are not a “party first” guy, then you should appreciate what Trump has done. trump is a ground breaker when it comes to shaking up the Dem Rep mentality. Hopefully this opens the door to many other centrist outsiders running

Good post.

I agree w/this sentiment fully.

I do however disagree that no centrist outsider would ever want to put themselves and their family through this nightmare. Not only would they not want to...but I don't think they could handle it. Most people don't have the stamina to fight against the nonstop barage of "Hitler hate" that he deals with.