Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

100 Greatest Plays Snubs

In honor of the 100th nfl season, NFL.com compiled the 100 greatest nfl plays that they felt were worthy of that distinction.

Granted, the Ravens always get poor coverage in these types of lists, I assume mainly cause they haven't been around for as long as other franchises (not just some sort of bias), but I felt it was necessary to point out a few that are missing in terms of Ravens all time best plays that stack up better than some of the ones on the list.

They do not reference "The Mile High Miracle", "4th and 29", "Ray lewis int in front of eddie george"

I could go on, but take a look at this list and tell me there's not bigger plays that should be on it based on what was chosen https://www.nfl.com/100/originals/10.../browse-videos

Re: 100 Greatest Plays Snubs

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    In honor of the 100th nfl season, NFL.com compiled the 100 greatest nfl plays that they felt were worthy of that distinction.

Granted, the Ravens always get poor coverage in these types of lists, I assume mainly cause they haven't been around for as long as other franchises (not just some sort of bias), but I felt it was necessary to point out a few that are missing in terms of Ravens all time best plays that stack up better than some of the ones on the list.

They do not reference "The Mile High Miracle", "4th and 29", "Ray lewis int in front of eddie george"

I could go on, but take a look at this list and tell me there's not bigger plays that should be on it based on what was chosen https://www.nfl.com/100/originals/10.../browse-videos
    Ugh that's BS. At a MINIMUM, mile high miracle should be on there. Thanks for the heads up... was gonna try and watch some of these. Now, meh

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not going to weed through all 100, but some plays that I believe should have made the cut: BJ Raji’s game winning INT in the Packers AFC Championship Game during that Super Bowl run.

https://youtu.be/4Uqm9Gnd_FM

And the Patriots lineman Dan Connely who had that amazing kickoff return:

https://youtu.be/Y0BZW478tCQ

Those plays stick out to me. It’s also total bullshit that Mile High didn’t make it. Greatest Hail Mary ever. One of the greatest games of football ever played. And Diggs’ Hail Mary was top 10. Are you kidding me??

Blog Entries

No Mile High Miracle? It's one of the greatest playoff games ever featuring Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Peyton Manning, Champ Bailey and several other future Hall Of Famers. The game switched leads several times with Joe Flacco tying it with 35 seconds left on the most improbable TD pass ever. Double overtime and a rookie kicker who will soon become the most accurate kicker in NFL history wins the game in frigid temperatures on a 47 yarder. Football doesn't get much better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    No Mile High Miracle? It's one of the greatest playoff games ever featuring Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Peyton Manning, Champ Bailey and several other future Hall Of Famers. The game switched leads several times with Joe Flacco tying it with 35 seconds left on the most improbable TD pass ever. Double overtime and a rookie kicker who will soon become the most accurate kicker in NFL history wins the game in frigid temperatures on a 47 yarder. Football doesn't get much better than that.
    Football doesn't get ANY better than that. Both fanbases were on the edge of their seat the entire game. Neither team ever led by more than 7, and they never held the lead for long. And when the game was at the most desperate point, Flacco unloaded a moon shot that propelled us to the Super Bowl. I still get chills just thinking about it.

That entire game in Denver has to be flat out one of the best NFL games ever. It was 14-14 after one, 21-21 at halftime, 28-28 after the third and 35-35 at the end of regulation, thanks to the most impactful Hail Mary ever. Then it took 2OT to get a winner. That play is easily one of the top 100 of all time, and the game itself is even higher.

4th and 29 pretty much says it all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post

These lists are always subjective, i.e., BS. I can guarantee that a Broncos fan, or even an anti-Ravens fan (of which there are many) would not have the Mile High Miracle in the top 100 (it was luck, a coverage breakdown, blah, blah). However, that play, objectively speaking, is in the top 50, if not higher. It was a dramatic, decisive play in a divisional playoff game that involved one of the all-time great QBs, Payton Manning, which prevented him from likely winning the SB that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Not going to weed through all 100, but some plays that I believe should have made the cut: BJ Raji’s game winning INT in the Packers AFC Championship Game during that Super Bowl run.

https://youtu.be/4Uqm9Gnd_FM

And the Patriots lineman Dan Connely who had that amazing kickoff return:

https://youtu.be/Y0BZW478tCQ

Those plays stick out to me. It’s also total bullshit that Mile High didn’t make it. Greatest Hail Mary ever. One of the greatest games of football ever played. And Diggs’ Hail Mary was top 10. Are you kidding me??
    Right! While Diggs' play was awesome, the mile high Miracle was too, AND it ended in us winning the SB 2 games later. The Vikings shat the bed against philly a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Right! While Diggs' play was awesome, the mile high Miracle was too, AND it ended in us winning the SB 2 games later. The Vikings shat the bed against philly a week later.

I remember sitting in Culvers of all places on my dinner break from work watching your win against Denver in the 2012 playoffs. It was a Saturday game if IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    These lists are always subjective, i.e., BS. I can guarantee that a Broncos fan, or even an anti-Ravens fan (of which there are many) would not have the Mile High Miracle in the top 100 (it was luck, a coverage breakdown, blah, blah). However, that play, objectively speaking, is in the top 50, if not higher. It was a dramatic, decisive play in a divisional playoff game that involved one of the all-time great QBs, Payton Manning, which prevented him from likely winning the SB that year.
    My Steelers fan husband even thinks it got snubbed. True football fans recognize good plays

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    I remember sitting in Culvers of all places on my dinner break from work watching your win against Denver in the 2012 playoffs. It was a Saturday game if IIRC.
    Sure was. I was at a Ravens bar in DC getting drunk