Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Mahomes & Jackson connection

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    When half of your posts are trashing Lamar and you claim that the player who is leading the league in passer rating can't throw the ball, that's trolling.

Now go ahead and tell us how passer rating is no way to judge and he hasn't played anyone, blah, blah, blah...because that's what trolls do.
    It sounds to me that someone doesn't have anything to counter me with and is thus calling me a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThinkingRaven View Post
    It's laughable to put these two in the same sentence. Mahomes can throw the ball. Lamar can't.

Brady-Manning. Please!!!!!
    If you refuse to see the progression of Lamar's passing ability from last year to this year and still think he can't throw, you might be a troll.

If you just can't see it, then you're probably not a troll, just blind.

And if you have the ability of sight, but can't see it, then you just aren't as smart as you believe.

It sounds to me that someone doesn't have anything to counter me with and is thus calling me a troll.
    You mean like a league-best passer rating and 150 national media stories on how impressive he's been throwing the ball? No. I got nothing.

A troll is someone who, when presented with facts denies and sidesteps this evidence, asserts an extra special inner ability to see and sense things, and mocks the majority for not having this same ability.
    Last edited by Shas; 09-20-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Did Cleo&Dilly start a new account to keep the old anti-Lamar persona alive?
    I have been man enough (SEVERAL TIMES HERE) to admit that I was wrong about LAMAR. I have knelt before you all and publicly offered my "mea culpas". You need to be man enough to recognize it and let it go.

I am convinced that Lamar is the future and I only hope Greg Roman stays around for awhile.
    Last edited by Cleo&Dilly; 09-20-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    I have been man enough (SEVERAL TIMES HERE) to admit that I was wrong about LAMAR. I have knelt before you all and publicly offered my "mea cupas". You need to be man enough to recognize it and let it go.

I am convinced that Lamar is the future and I only hope Greg Roman stays around for awhile.
    Kudos to you then.

You mean like a league-best passer rating and 150 national media stories on how impressive he's been throwing the ball? No. I got nothing.
    It's two games. Good God. Two games is too small of a sample. Now with Joe, it's different since we've seen this movie before.

The funny thing is that I'm a guy who wanted to move on Flacco; I just didn't like the choice of who the team drafted to be the heir apparent.

I'm also not a fan of Runny-Runny Quarterbacky. I just don't find a QB running up and down the field to be entertaining. As you can imagine, I felt last year's Bengals games was the shits.

A troll is someone who, when presented with facts denies and sidesteps this evidence, asserts an extra special inner ability to see and sense things, and mocks the majority for not having this same ability.
    I've never claimed to have an extra special inner ability to see and sense things nor have I mocked anyone here. I've never used insults during my brief time here.

You just don't like the way I interpret facts, so much so that it hurts your feelings. So you call me a troll.

It's two games. Good God. Two games is too small of a sample. Now with Joe, it's different since we've seen this movie before.

The funny thing is that I'm a guy who wanted to move on Flacco; I just didn't like the choice of who the team drafted to be the heir apparent.

I'm also not a fan of Runny-Runny Quarterbacky. I just don't find a QB running up and down the field to be entertaining. As you can imagine, I felt last year's Bengals games was the shits.

I've never claimed to have an extra special inner ability to see and sense things nor have I mocked anyone here. I've never used insults during my brief time here.

You just don't like the way I interpret facts, so much so that it hurts your feelings. So you call me a troll.
    Not saying you like Flacco, but I'm sure you like the outdated tall stiff QBs who throws every pass at 100 mph.

Lamar isn't the type of QB you're not a fan of.

Hey all.

I think I've reached my limit on the increasing number of pure assholes on this forum. It ain't what it used to be. I miss thoughtful conversation. I'm genuinely worn out by the nonsense. I'll be taking a break for the foreseeable future.

Here's wishing success for our Ravens this year.

I liked the quote from Greg Roman this week about Jackson facing Mahomes:

It may be a tad early to put Lamar on the same plane as Mahomes, but it's fun to imagine we may be looking at having one of the league's elite quarterbacks to root for for the next 10 years or more.

I like to look at odd connections and 'what ifs' that crop up in NFL drafts.

Recall in the 2017 draft KC traded up to Buffalo's #10 pick in order to take Mahomes. It cost them their first rounder (27) a third rounder, and their first rounder in 2018.

That 2018 first round pick ended up being #22 overall. Buffalo sent it the Ravens so they could move up to #16 (LB Tremaine Edmunds).

The Ravens then flipped #22 to the Titans (along with a sixth round pick, falling back to #25 (Hurst) and also getting #125.

So what happened with pick #125? The Ravens packaged it with their second round selection, and their 2019 second round pick to move back up and draft Lamar Jackson.

So the future 2018 first round pick KC gave up so they could draft Mahomes in 2017 ended up in the Ravens hands, who parlayed it into the Lamar Jackson pick.

Drafting Mahomes cost the Chiefs two first rounders (27 & 22) and a third (91)

Drafting Jackson cost the Ravens two second rounders (52 & 53). They also moved down seven spots in the fourth round (125 to 132) where they drafted Jaleel Scott.

If Jackson and Mahomes really end up being relative equals in the NFL, you have to applaud Eric Decosta for the relative price paid.
    Huh??

Hey all.

I think I've reached my limit on the increasing number of pure assholes on this forum. It ain't what it used to be. I miss thoughtful conversation. I'm genuinely worn out by the nonsense. I'll be taking a break for the foreseeable future.

Just saw that, I for one, appreciate you here

Hey all.

Take it easy Shas. I had to take a break before I did something I regretted. I know a lot of these aholes. They just don't realize it. It's sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Huh??
    He's talking about how the draft capital given up by the Chiefs indirectly led to draft capital gained by the Ravens enough so that they could draft Lamar.