Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Girls in the Boy Scouts

I know we’ve covered this but it kinda struck me this past week. Why is this a thing?? What possible benifits for our kids can come from this?
    This past week it seemed like every place I went there was some group of mom’s and little girls dressed up like Boy Scouts selling popcorn! That is just Wrong! I’m sure I’m just an old man yelling at the clouds here but damn! Why ???? It’s not like the uniform is cooler? Does Cub Scout sound better than Brownie? I mean we did both with our kids. My daughter was a Girl Scout until High School and both my boys did Boy Scouts day until about 10th grade. My daughter never once said “ dad why can’t I wear blue and sell popcorn instead of cookies? “. Hell they both use the same camp in the summer in Harford County! Both did camping, canoeing. Hell we even taught our girls archery since a lot of the dads bow hunted. Lol.

I just don’t get it. And Incase you’re wondering ....no I didn’t buy any popcorn. Nor would I buy Girl Scout cookies from a little boy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts

Because both groups went full blown lib-tard in different ways, but at least the Boy Scouts kept the outdoor activities.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

We're in a period where "open mindedness" means to accept the delusions of other people

Blog Entries

It’s all bullshit posturing.

Why not just have “scouts”? Leave the gender nonsense out of it. Just have Cub Scouts or whatever.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Because Eagle Scout is more prestigious than Gold Award. My oldest son is in Cub Scouts (Webelos) and my oldest daughter is in Girl Scouts (Brownie). The programs are VERY different. Cub Scouts (and Boy Scouts) are requirements based, with certain skills and activities that must be taught. Girl Scouts, especially at the younger ages, does not really have a strict curriculum. If you run into a Boy Scout, there is a guarantee that they have been camping, can build a fire, know how to safely use a pocket knife, can tie a few knots, etc. If you encounter a Girl Scout at the same age, no such guarantee exists, and they may not have been on a hike before.

Even the Girl Scout troops that do camp, it's very different. My son's first camping trip back in 2016 ended up with a Girl Scout troop in the next site over. They brought out string lights. My son's pack retired several American flags at the end of the night.

The goals of the two organizations (well, the publicly stated goals anyway) are very different, almost to the point that they are not compatible with each other.

It is funny because I've never minded if a girl wants to wrestle or play football in high school. I'm a HUGE fan of that, especially if they are good. There was a girl in my wrestling conference, and she was good. Everyone treated her like "one of the guys". I guess I don't mind that because there isn't equivalent sports for them in those sports due to lack of interest. This is NOT that.

I'll never understand this mentality that boys and girls are the same. They aren't. You can tell this from an incredibly young age. This is all pushed by weirdo adults who have bought into this new-age mentality of toxic masculinity. There are ZERO studies done on long term affects of this behavior. Child Psychology is an absolute disaster zone of stupidity. Remember how well participation ribbons went? We have a generation of entitled morons who think that just showing up deserves credit of the highest praise now, and cannot handle ANY form of rejection. Then it was the Riddilin and Adderal generation, and school shooting "oddly" spiked at its peak. Little insider info... every single school shooter was on one of these meds. Ever last one of them. So who is taking ANYTHING that is issued from these psychology fields seriously anymore???
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    Because Eagle Scout is more prestigious than Gold Award. My oldest son is in Cub Scouts (Webelos) and my oldest daughter is in Girl Scouts (Brownie). The programs are VERY different. Cub Scouts (and Boy Scouts) are requirements based, with certain skills and activities that must be taught. Girl Scouts, especially at the younger ages, does not really have a strict curriculum. If you run into a Boy Scout, there is a guarantee that they have been camping, can build a fire, know how to safely use a pocket knife, can tie a few knots, etc. If you encounter a Girl Scout at the same age, no such guarantee exists, and they may not have been on a hike before.

Even the Girl Scout troops that do camp, it's very different. My son's first camping trip back in 2016 ended up with a Girl Scout troop in the next site over. They brought out string lights. My son's pack retired several American flags at the end of the night.

The goals of the two organizations (well, the publicly stated goals anyway) are very different, almost to the point that they are not compatible with each other.
    So why not change that? Why can’t girls go camping and tie knots?

I don’t really have any investment into either organizations, but just seems silly. Especially at that age when kids are pre-teen years.

14, 15, 16? Ok. Yea...prob don’t want 15 year old Sally camping out with a bunch of 16 year old boys. Or scout leaders, for that matter.

The scouts caved to social warrior pressures. They were harassed and threatened with losing the places where they would meet if they didn’t become more ‘inclusive’. They didn’t think they could survive, so they caved.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So why not change that? Why can’t girls go camping and tie knots?

I don’t really have any investment into either organizations, but just seems silly. Especially at that age when kids are pre-teen years.

14, 15, 16? Ok. Yea...prob don’t want 15 year old Sally camping out with a bunch of 16 year old boys. Or scout leaders, for that matter.

Why not just teach those things in GIRL scouts?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Why not just teach those things in GIRL scouts?
    Sure. Why not?

I just don’t see the big deal with having a general “cub scouts” group when kids are young. Then, when they get to 12, they can continue on into Boy or Girl Scouts. Curriculum would largely be the same, but you wouldn’t expose sexual scouts to potential harassment situations.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    The scouts caved to social warrior pressures. They were harassed and threatened with losing the places where they would meet if they didn’t become more ‘inclusive’. They didn’t think they could survive, so they caved.
    You know ironically , while also true , most of the Cub Scout meetings are held in Churches! Lol. I can’t see a church pressuring the boys to take the girls. But yes overall...this is a big part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Sure. Why not?

I just don’t see the big deal with having a general “cub scouts” group when kids are young. Then, when they get to 12, they can continue on into Boy or Girl Scouts. Curriculum would largely be the same, but you wouldn’t expose sexual scouts to potential harassment situations.

There are not supposed to be mixed gender dens (Cub)* or patrols (Boy - officially now Scouts BSA). These issues of "What happens when 15/16 year old mixed gender groups go camping?" is not supposed to happen. Period. Full stop. Any troop ignoring that are not actually following the rules that BSA has set up.

*Cub Scouts do have mix gendered packs (all ranks of Cub Scouts under a particular charter). Camping for Packs is family camping (that child's parent goes with them) until they hit 4th and 5th grade.

The issue is not that Girl Scouts don't go camping. This issue is that the range of experience from one Girl Scout troop to the next can be vast. Versus Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts - the experience is generally similar, though some packs/troops are more active than others. There are specific skills that they must learn and demonstrate at least a basic level of competence to advance in rank. My daughter's Girl Scout troop is very active, and they don't do half as much as my son's Cub Scout troop.