Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Too. Much. Hype..

wait til we wax KC the lime light is going to be BIG then...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'm guess I'm just concerned that LJ and the team as a whole might be overwhelmed a bit by the hype if we win on Sunday (which I don't think we will, but I digress). The media and talking heads will be coming from every direction. I just hope that if it happens, they can shut out the noise.
    Lamar has lived with hype the whole time he was setting the world on fire while at Louisville. Especially after he destroyed FSU. I'm confident that LJ can handle the hype, he is his own biggest critic.

The rest of the offense will follow his lead.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The NFL so badly wants the new face to be Baker Mayfield, but it's not, it's these two QBs. The league is evolving because of talent like this
    they sure do, should be Mahommes but Lamar is making a strong case for himself.

The NFL so badly wants the new face to be Baker Mayfield, but it's not, it's these two QBs. The league is evolving because of talent like this
    I think the NFL wants every flashy offense they can get. I'm sure they hated the Ravens for bucking the trend for so long by winning with defense and boring offense.

LJ and those current team finally gives the league what they want to market. IF it continues, they will promote Lamar every bit as much as Mayfield.

Blog Entries

Ravens fans!! welcome to the spotlight MFERS!!! embrace that shit!!

Hasn't really impacted me. I've just sat back with my feet back and watched 'analysts' like Geoff Schwartz eat his words like a doughnut.

Lamar doesn't seem to get rattled by the spotlight and just keeps moving forward. This is a classic time to be cocky (where you're riding a high, going int oa big game and end up underestimating).

He isn't doing that and I think we all know who KC is and why this is going to be a hard game.

I think we're in good shape as far as expectations go.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Hasn't really impacted me. I've just sat back with my feet back and watched 'analysts' like Geoff Schwartz eat his words like a doughnut.

Lamar doesn't seem to get rattled by the spotlight and just keeps moving forward. This is a classic time to be cocky (where you're riding a high, going int oa big game and end up underestimating).

He isn't doing that and I think we all know who KC is and why this is going to be a hard game.

Word.

Blog Entries

like a bossss

Lamar seems to only have one gear, and that gear is being laser-focused on his next opponent. And he’s said repeatedly he doesn’t care about hype, he doesn’t care about individual recognition, he won’t feel like he’s accomplished anything in this league until the team has a ring. And I know lots of people say stuff like that but with Lamar, like everything else about him, it feels genuine.

I don’t know about the other young guys on the team, but they all seem to look up to Lamar a lot so hopefully they take that same approach.

Blog Entries

Ranked #1 on offense and #2 on defense (albeit 2 games against inferior opponents) http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Lamar seems to only have one gear, and that gear is being laser-focused on his next opponent. And he’s said repeatedly he doesn’t care about hype, he doesn’t care about individual recognition, he won’t feel like he’s accomplished anything in this league until the team has a ring. And I know lots of people say stuff like that but with Lamar, like everything else about him, it feels genuine.

I don’t know about the other young guys on the team, but they all seem to look up to Lamar a lot so hopefully they take that same approach.
    How many TDs for LJ so far? Is it like 7?

Ranked #1 on offense and #2 on defense (albeit 2 games against inferior opponents) http://www.nfl.com/stats/team
    Wow that's awesome! Was the 2000 team great offensively?