Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: new whistleblower controversy

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Just read the report.

What am I missing?
    the actual complaint...

this is only one part of the puzzle. were still guessing what the actual complaint even is. its all speculation.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    the actual complaint...

this is only one part of the puzzle. were still guessing what the actual complaint even is. its all speculation.
    What happens when the information in the complaint can't be confirmed. Is it still speculation then?

Blog Entries

the actual complaint...

Isn't the complaint about what happened on the call?

I'm so confused on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Just read the transcript.

This is funny...

There is nothing that even comes close to a quid pro quo. Lol.

Trump never even hints at a "strong-arm" or a "bribe" or a "threat" or ANYTHING. It's clear that these 2 leaders were super friendly w/one another and it should serve as a good foundation for the future.

Trump and Zelenskyy talked about corruption, and he asked him to look into illegal activity. Apparently, since Biden is the one involved here...I guess Trump can't talk about that? Is that how this works?

This is a huge embarrassment for the Democrats. They overplayed their hand. Just like Russia...they overplayed their hand. They can't help themselves.

By making this such a big deal...now the Biden connection is going to be in the spotlight (it already is) and the public will see more of the same that came out during the Russia lie. The DNC is accusing Trump of doing EXACTLY what they are doing and the MSM helps push the message 24/7.
    SO if you go to the msn homepage it has a red banner reading transcript of phone call confirms trump asked Ukraine leader to investigate Biden.

What the transcript does show is that the Crowdstrike and Biden cases are reopening.

Now it makes sense.

That's why the Dems are apoplectic.

btw, Ditka...you were right. It was Zelenskyy who brought up the Biden stuff!!!
    Yeah... I'm currently reading the transcript and I assumed he did. Trump is a lot of bad things admittedly, but he hasn't really been actively "looking for dirt" on political opponents. Even in the cases that the Dems have previously accused him of, he wasn't ever the person that initiated any of it. So even worst case scenario, Trump "strong arming" Zelenskyy and bringing up the Biden stuff didn't make any sense. Chances are, Trump probably didn't know anything about Hunter Biden's connections to corruption and Joe's threats to withhold funding... So if Zelenskyy brings it up and asks for assistance... then is it really "strong arming"?
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    SO if you go to the msn homepage it has a red banner reading transcript of phone call confirms trump asked Ukraine leader to investigate Biden.
    If this is a quid pro quo...anytime a US president suggests another leader do something...it’s also a quid pro quo. There's a new standard when it comes to Trump. It's similar to the claim that tweeting about a "witch hunt" is the same as an attempt to obstruct justice.

The level of stupidity here is just too much

Blog Entries

It's funny that Biden is a "political foe" and not the "the VP under the previous administration." It looks like that's the angle that's going to be played. Because Biden is NOW running for President and admitted to extorting the Ukrainian government...Trump isn't allowed to discuss Biden's extortion efforts w/the Ukrainian government. Gotcha! Mike Pence...if you're listening...call up Ukraine, extort them for millions of dollars and then run for President in 2024. You'll be a "political foe" and be given media/DNC immunity for your efforts after the GOP calls for an impeachment inquiry into President Maxine Waters.

You say this working w/a foreign government is frowned upon, right?

Ok...

3 top Democrats wrote to Ukraine demanding they "reverse course and halt any efforts to impede cooperation with this important investigation" into Trump. The letter is out there in the public for anyone to read.

So Democrats can quite literally strong-arm Ukraine to investigate Trump?

But Trump can't ask Ukraine to look into Biden's extortion efforts?

Also...I'm not a legal expert...but...why isn't Giuliani allowed to speak w/a foreign head of state about corruption in Ukraine? It was State Dep official biz.
    Im not sure its the discussion alone or not. I think its the go around, but well have to wait to see what the other information that caused the whistle blower complaint was. weve been told that it was only in connection to this conversation in ADDITION to what they knew that made them file the complaint. So the VP putting political pressure on a foreign country under state direction (removal of Shovin was wanted by more than just Biden though conservatives are ignoring this, including members of congress, G7 and other western countries, our ambassador, Ukraine themselves...) isnt quite as similar to me as Trump working with one directly to find dirt on a current political foe. It seems procedural to me, which is what the Impeachment inquiry is about, not following laws/procedures.

the 3 democrats are official members of congress. theyre allowed to do that apparently, because theyre not directly gaining from it or its findings. I see how you find this as all democrats are one evil scum, but they do have the power to question and communicate with foreign powers, no different than the president. I dont think its trump talking to him necessarily thats the issue, if hes directing him to Barr. The only thing I questioned was his use of his personal lawyer and this information being used personally. this is heading to campaign finance again, imo.

so about Guliani, again, im not sure of the legality of it, but it would fall under recusal imo just like anything else. if youre representing the president, who isnt allowed to be tied to foreign powers help for political gain, why wouldnt the personal lawyer of him be accountable for the same? I dont know, im questioning it. Im guess he should have recused himself from them asking to avoid all of this.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Isn't the complaint about what happened on the call?

I'm so confused on this one.
    isnt that speculation? I didnt think they released that yet. I havent read it, but maybe they did. i only heard the rumors, but thats all they are.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

What the transcript does show is that the Crowdstrike and Biden cases are reopening.

Now it makes sense.

That's why the Dems are apoplectic.

btw, Ditka...you were right. It was Zelenskyy who brought up the Biden stuff!!!
    I should see what my pals at Crowdstrike are thinking.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Im not sure its the discussion alone or not. I think its the go around, but well have to wait to see what the other information that caused the whistle blower complaint was. weve been told that it was only in connection to this conversation in ADDITION to what they knew that made them file the complaint. So the VP putting political pressure on a foreign country under state direction (removal of Shovin was wanted by more than just Biden though conservatives are ignoring this, including members of congress, G7 and other western countries, our ambassador, Ukraine themselves...) isnt quite as similar to me as Trump working with one directly to find dirt on a current political foe. It seems procedural to me, which is what the Impeachment inquiry is about, not following laws/procedures.

An impeachment inquiry has been going on since January 2017. This is more smoke and mirror BS that is not in anyway important to American interests.

After the Russia debacle, I'm going to go out on a limb and say..."yeah, this is more bullshit." This transcript pretty much confirmed that.

Also...threatening to withold millions of dollars from the Ukrainian government unless they fire the prosecutor who's investigating Biden's son isn't that big of a deal because a lot of people wanted Shovin fired? That's what you're implying there. Am I understanding you correctly on that?

However...the Ukrainian President bringing up Biden's efforts to extort the government he now presides over and Trump agreeing that they should look into those extortion efforts is "Trump is trying to find dirt on a political foe"...and that means a "law/procedure" was violated? Is that what you're implying there? I just want to make sure I hear ya correctly and there's no misunderstanding.

You're saying this formal impeachment inquiry is simply about not following laws/procedures, but they're apparently starting a "formal" impeachment inquiry (no vote has taken place) over a rumor? Basically...the DNC isn't following procedure to look into Trump not following procedure.

Is anyone else laughing?
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 09-25-2019 at 11:40 AM.

isnt that speculation? I didnt think they released that yet. I havent read it, but maybe they did. i only heard the rumors, but thats all they are.
    So, they're starting a "formal" impeachment inquiry over rumors?

Democrats think looking into potential corruption is a crime as least as it relates to them. You know one rule for thee and another me.

If Biden is compromised by Ukraine voters should know before they go to the ballot box. The democrats made that argument for years as the reason Mueller/FBI/FISA was necessary now the shoe is on the other foot all of sudden whether Biden is potentially compromised by a foreign country and potentially a target of blackmail is unimportant.