Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jazz Ferguson available

Very minor news, but Seahawks released Jazz Ferguson today. Ferguson is a talented rookie WR who has a similar profile, body type and skill set to N'Keal Harry or even Hakeem Butler. Plus (well, maybe it's not a plus) he's Jaylon Ferguson's brother.

Was prolific at a small school and easily can outmuscle many NFL backs. Here's preseason video from week 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9vfDx8GI6U

I'm not suggesting him as a roster add -- I'm suggesting him as a practice squad add if we can get to him first.

I don't think it's likely we sign Snead, Moore or Roberts, so our roster depth next year will be Brown, Boykin, Scott and Modster. Can't see why we wouldn't invest in a practice squad spot to develop an additional player.

Draft profile here:

https://www.sportsgrid.com/real-spor...jazz-ferguson/

Re: Jazz Ferguson available

Modster is gone. Why wouldn’t we resign Snead?

Tons of upside here. Would love to get the kid on the practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Man I hope we do. If his usage stays relatively low he should stay in our price range, and he seems like an awesome guy to have in the locker room who is more than willing to do the dirty work in between receptions. Not a guy to break the bank over but he’s still fairly young and damn good at his role and just seems like a great dude, generally. I hope we have him around for a long time.

You'd have to ask the Ravens front office that question, but so far I am informed that it is not happening. Not from the Ravens, but from a person very close to Snead.

Why would we?
    Low ceiling, high floor slot guy that will sign a 3yr $30m deal or thereabouts.
    Doesn’t make sense, move on and get s 4th round cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Man I hope we do. If his usage stays relatively low he should stay in our price range, and he seems like an awesome guy to have in the locker room who is more than willing to do the dirty work in between receptions. Not a guy to break the bank over but he’s still fairly young and damn good at his role and just seems like a great dude, generally. I hope we have him around for a long time.
    Totally agree. Still young and we do need a veteran presence. I think he has some big games and valuable moments this year to come.

I guess other than contract amount, part of the question is that with both Andrews and Brown making so many catches in the middle of the field (though Brown is certainly way, way more than that alone), will there be enough opportunities for him to do what he does. Personally, I like to think yes, but I think it's a legitimate question.

Sure. Why not. Seems like a natural fit. PS him and see what’s up.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Sure. Why not. Seems like a natural fit. PS him and see what’s up.

Maybe I’m just sleep deprived but I feel like I haven’t seen you around much lately Lax. Hope everything’s good man!

I don't imagine he's going to be out of the NFL that quickly. Somebody should pick him up.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Maybe I’m just sleep deprived but I feel like I haven’t seen you around much lately Lax. Hope everything’s good man!
    All good my man. I’ve been lurking ! Lol. Two more fair to good games and I’ll be eating some crow and punching my ticket for the Lamar train. Lol.

Blog Entries

#14 – WR, Sean Modster

#84 – WR, Antoine Wesley

Assuming those two are on our P.S., how many WRs do we need on it?
    If Jazz Ferguson was only an OT. Sigh... Bc