Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OL grades

Re: OL grades

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Just pull the trigger on Bozeman at C now. Each week that goes by moving him will just get more and more disruptive.
    I wouldn't fix what's not broken at LG. What about Mekari at C?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I wouldn't fix what's not broken at LG. What about Mekari at C?
    Similar issue. Not enough functional strength to get push.

Bozeman can get a bit more. Powers at LG can get a lot more.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

3. OL grades

Repeating myself but...

Stanley-Powers-Bozeman-Yanda-Zeus Jr.

I believe GWNR is on this train as well.

I have faith we will see this soon

Just for the sake of discussion, I wouldn’t hate Stanley-Bozeman-Yanda-Powers-Zeus Jr. At least then you’ve got a beast of a vet between the two young guys

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    Just for the sake of discussion, I wouldn’t hate Stanley-Bozeman-Yanda-Powers-Zeus Jr. At least then you’ve got a beast of a vet between the two young guys
    Lol Yanda at center? This is a decision you’d make BEFORE the season starts. There’s more that goes into being a center than just blocking. Smfh

You don't move Yanda.

You just move Bozeman to C and Powers to LG.

It's really not that hard.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

The Hurst comparison for Skura is apt. He's a versatile guy who practices really well, decent technique, and probably helpful in the film and meeting rooms. But he has physical limitations and exploitable holes in his game. Count me in with those who'd like to see Bozeman at C and Powers at LG. The only question with Powers IMO is if he can handle the extensive pulling we ask of the LG in our scheme.

Can I also just say again for the record that I HATE the fact that they dumped Senat and are now only carrying 8 OL?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The Hurst comparison for Skura is apt. He's a versatile guy who practices really well, decent technique, and probably helpful in the film and meeting rooms. But he has physical limitations and exploitable holes in his game. Count me in with those who'd like to see Bozeman at C and Powers at LG. The only question with Powers IMO is if he can handle the extensive pulling we ask of the LG in our scheme.

Can I also just say again for the record that I HATE the fact that they dumped Senat and are now only carrying 8 OL?
    Yup - we shall see. I'm convinced they thought they could sneak Senat back to PS but had to risk it due to the DB situation. Hopefully they can get him back at some point, he's got the body type to project to T backup as well

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Lol Yanda at center? This is a decision you’d make BEFORE the season starts. There’s more that goes into being a center than just blocking. Smfh
    He’s played there before and he has also made the line calls in the past. Not as far fetched an idea as you think.
    Last edited by YorkRavensFan; 09-20-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    He's like another Hurst, a Harbs fav. Skura isn't progressing like most of us said he wouldn't but once again what's obvious to us is skewed differently at the castle
    Whats wrong with Hurst? He has been a good blocker and has 4 catches for 42 yards and a TD, He hasnt lived up to being a 1st rd draft pic and hasnt made the flashy plays that Andrews has, but he contributes every game and deserves the playing time that he gets, he is a solid #2 TE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    From film study...

Stanley A
    Bozeman B+
    Skura D
    Yanda A
    Zeus D

https://www.filmstudyravens.com/blog/Week2Offense2019

Bit concerning that Zeus had a bad game, after opening up with a good game. Skura continues to be a big question mark, if it continues, it is only a matter of time before Powers or Merk is given a shot. Center right now is our weakest position on the roster... It has to be up there with pass rusher for biggest need going into next off season.

On the bright side, Bozeman continues to improve, Stanley is playing well, and Yanda is still well... Yanda.
    I havent seen filmstudys post this season, is he no longer writing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Whats wrong with Hurst? He has been a good blocker and has 4 catches for 42 yards and a TD, He hasnt lived up to being a 1st rd draft pic and hasnt made the flashy plays that Andrews has, but he contributes every game and deserves the playing time that he gets, he is a solid #2 TE
    I think he was referring to James Hurst, our backup OL, not Hayden Hurst the TE.