Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

The OFFICIAL Ravens @ Chiefs Prediction Thread

First off - a big shoutout to our first correct pick of the week as forum member "DonC" correctly picked Ravens 23 Cardinals 17.

As for the Chiefs game... I honestly thought this would be our first real test of the year. That was until the Ravens entire secondary forgot how to cover deep receivers (and kudos to Kyler Murray for looking like a veteran QB with a lot of perfect throws). Part of me says I'm glad the blown coverages happened last week and we will make the corrections this week to make it all better. Unfortunately, it's KC's home opener and their passing game is just a tad better than our secondary right now. The running game will be the X factor. If we can control the clock and play tight D in the red zone like we did on Sunday, then I'm saying there's a chance. Homer in me says we slide out with a win. Objective Prognasticator in me says they win a shootout.

Chiefs 34
    Ravens 30

Weekly Results:

Week 1: Ravens 59 Dolphins 10 (Correct Forum Picks: None)
    Week 2: Ravens 23 Chiefs 17 (Correct Forum Picks: DonC)

My straight up record: 2-0

Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens @ Chiefs Prediction Thread

Without Fisher I think we win a thriller

Ravens 27
    Chiefs 24

I sense a shootout coming, and I think we'll be on the wrong side of this one. Our secondary is not equipped at present to slow Mahomes and company down enough. LJ and the offense would have to hang 40+ on the Chiefs for us to win IMO, and I don't think that'll happen. The Chiefs aren't great on defense, but they're good enough.

Chiefs 45, Ravens 34
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Chiefs 33 Ravens 30

I have become a Lamar believer. Ravens 34 Chiefs 27

We almost beat them last year without Lamar's pocket passing skills and anything resembling a NFL passing game, without Hollywood and Boykin, and with Martindale as OC. Greg Roman brings us home.

Wow DonC -- that's some really good work-- or lucky work-- but in the end, what's the difference.

I'll say Chiefs 38, Ravens 24.

Ravens - 34
    Chiefs -31

Chiefs 34
    Ravens 20

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    I have become a Lamar believer. Ravens 34 Chiefs 27

We almost beat them last year without Lamar's pocket passing skills and anything resembling a NFL passing game, without Hollywood and Boykin, and with Martindale as OC. Greg Roman brings us home.
    I knew you would come around. Guess you realized you can take the Flacco out of Baltimore but he still the same Flacco. Losing the way they lost was all so familiar here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think we take to the ground this week. Chiefs are allowing 6 yards per carry (tied for 32nd). Ball control offense, take the deep shots when they exist. Chew up the clock, and keep it in the low 20s. We've had huge upgrades at every skill position since last year (either by draft or by work). I think we've got this one. I won't venture a guess on score - this game will either be a trip through the mud, or one where the scoreboard operator has to stay on his feet all day.

Chiefs 31
    Ravens 19

Blog Entries

Ravens 27 - Chiefs 24 on a late Tucker 51 yard FG that stuns the Arrowhead crowd... Bc