Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramsey

Re: Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    Such an overreaction from only playing 2....yes 2 games. More so a reaction from one game that had a lot of 50/50 balls in the Cardinals favor. Y'all, R-E-L-A-X......One player isn't going to get us to the Super Bowl.
    Sometimes one player is the difference between losing in the conference title game or winning the big one..

You guys are letting the 2-0 start blind you from obvious weaknesses that need to be addressed for us to win the superbowl this year

Or is it that none of you believe we could win the superbowl this year?

Or we don’t think CB is an obvious weakness...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

That's hilarious. Find me after the chiefs game this Sunday so that I can laugh some more

Forgive me:

This was the appropriate response

We have one of the better secondaries in football with Jimmy and Tavon Hurt...

Why are there two Ramsey threads? Merge.

I don't know why people don't think our CB situation is extremely troubling long term, you have to think beyond just 2019 here. Jimmy is already injured and gone after the season, Carr is 33 and has a one year option left, Tavon is injury prone and has a very troubling neck injury that can linger. Averrett shown nothing, Canady is PS fodder. This is a dire long term group outside of Marlon.

Ramsey makes a ton of sense for our future, there are so many "good" players that get mega contracts, Ramsey is the elite of the elite and he's not injury prone, I will pay him that mega contract and know that I'm getting my money's worth.

Trumaine Johnson is 29 and is making 15M a year and people really don't want to shell out for Ramsey or think he's worth the money

We have one of the better secondaries in football with Jimmy and Tavon Hurt...

Tavon is done for the year and Jimmy gets hurt literally every single year. You're depending on two players that we cannot depend on

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Why are there two Ramsey threads? Merge.

I don't know why people don't think our CB situation is extremely troubling long term, you have to think beyond just 2019 here. Jimmy is already injured and gone after the season, Carr is 33 and has a one year option left, Tavon is injury prone and has a very troubling neck injury that can linger. Averrett shown nothing, Canady is PS fodder. This is a dire long term group outside of Marlon.

Ramsey makes a ton of sense for our future, there are so many "good" players that get mega contracts, Ramsey is the elite of the elite and he's not injury prone, I will pay him that mega contract and know that I'm getting my money's worth.

Trumaine Johnson is 29 and is making 15M a year and people really don't want to shell out for Ramsey or think he's worth the money
    Exactly. We will likely be drafting a corner again early if we keep getting lit up the way we just did.

I can understand not making this trade if the team had a plethora of issues but we're talking a ravens team that can contend right NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Exactly. We will likely be drafting a corner again early if we keep getting lit up the way we just did.

I can understand not making this trade if the team had a plethora of issues but we're talking a ravens team that can contend right NOW
    Based off what? Blowing out Miami who look like the 0-16 Browns, or barely beating Arizona at home? They can contend against the worst the NFL has to offer at this point is about all they’ve done.

Tavon is done for the year and Jimmy gets hurt literally every single year. You're depending on two players that we cannot depend on
    This.

Jimmy - Out of contract after 2019, injury prone
    Tavon - Injury prone, potentially lingering neck injury
    Carr - 33 years old, one year option left

How do we not have trouble brewing at CB and a legit need (not luxury) for Ramsey LONG TERM? He's 24 years old, his best football is in front of him and he's already an All-Pro CB.

No i just said we are near top of league secondary even without them.
    I think you highly over estimate what other teams are playing as DB’s.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    This.

Jimmy - Out of contract after 2019, injury prone
    Tavon - Injury prone, potentially lingering neck injury
    Carr - 33 years old, one year option left

How do we not have trouble brewing at CB and a legit need (not luxury) for Ramsey LONG TERM? He's 24 years old, his best football is in front of him and he's already an All-Pro CB.
    Look at our cap utilization compared to the league. We already have a top 5-10 corner long term and you want to add another, and are acting like that is a need or something any other team in the league has?
    After we just paid our slot corner the most in football and have two very well paid safeties.
    Humphrey, Carrr, Averett, Marshall, Tavon... that’s 5 deep next year that would be a well above average group.
    Could we add a guy? Sure? But in know way, shape or form can it be described a need to add a guy at the top of that list...