Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Taco Charlton expected to be waived

No thanks. I'd be fine with trading a 7th for him if I thought he could contribute

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    theyre pretty similar styles and issues. theyre both quick twitch pass rushers that dont seem to have translated that speed to NFL effectiveness. Taco has the added bonus of being injury prone... Id keep Williams honestly.
    Issues yes, style maybe... but Taco is still 6'6" 275bs compared to Williams' 6'3" 245lbs. He obviously feels like he's been held back in Dallas. I would assume his position would be the 5-tech? ..or would be he play OLB here? I doubt that would be his strength. I didnt follow him very much in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by 00000 View Post
    Issues yes, style maybe... but Taco is still 6'6" 275bs compared to Williams' 6'3" 245lbs. He obviously feels like he's been held back in Dallas. I would assume his position would be the 5-tech? ..or would be he play OLB here? I doubt that would be his strength. I didnt follow him very much in Dallas.
    He’s built to play the 5 tech but he’s prob have to be olb here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this will strike many as ironic coming from Tim Willians most enthusiastic supporter but... meh

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    theyre pretty similar styles and issues. theyre both quick twitch pass rushers that dont seem to have translated that speed to NFL effectiveness. Taco has the added bonus of being injury prone... Id keep Williams honestly.
    Didn't like Taco as a first round prospect - don't like him now. Lateral move from Williams. Agreed, don't make a move just for the sake of it.

Bring him because the pats or chiefs will sign him. He can help the interior pass rush immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

He has to go through waivers, right? I suspect a team will claim him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Jones was asked about Charlton’s tweets during his show Tuesday.
    “I can't tell you the teams that have said to me, 'Boy, that's the last thing I need is somebody that would put his business out there like that and talk about it in public. I don't want him either,’” Jones said. “Usually it's a rule around the NFL that if they'll act that way with the team they're with, they'll act that way with the team I've got or the one I'm managing. So, I'm talking now more personal. You need to, when you have your behavior, if in fact you're thinking you might want to move to another team, you really ought to act in a way that that other team wouldn't be leery of getting involved with you.”

The best thing about him is his name.

Blog Entries

Sign him on Tuesday

Jets could trade Bell for him - great headline

Great comments everyone. I love Tacos. And I love the idea of former 1st rounders joining us with no long term financial commitment. But I also love that we don't have any cuttable players or holes on our DL we need to fill. When we cut a player, they get claimed by a team lacking in talent and/or depth. We already have both. Here's hoping we stay healthy and don't need other teams' castoffs any time soon. I'd love to give him 2 weeks on the practice squad to see if the Harbaugh connection helps his motor.

That's gonna be a hard no for me dawg....