Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Taco Charlton expected to be waived

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    theyre pretty similar styles and issues. theyre both quick twitch pass rushers that dont seem to have translated that speed to NFL effectiveness. Taco has the added bonus of being injury prone... Id keep Williams honestly.
    Fair enough. I don’t know that much about him to be honest. Just recognize the name from the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Dallas is expected to waive Taco Charlton barring a last minute trade. What do you guys think? 28th overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. I know we're worried about pass rush. He's obviously underwhelmed, but maybe on this defense with these DBs a change of scenery could do him good. Anyone think he's worth a look?
    Underwhelmed is putting it mildly. Taco is complete garbage. The Cowboys couldn't trade him for a conditional 7th and hate him so much that they are going to cut him. This is not someone who is going to make it in the NFL. It's like Vernon Gholston who everyone was going to fix because he was a top 5 pick only he just couldn't play at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    theyre pretty similar styles and issues. theyre both quick twitch pass rushers that dont seem to have translated that speed to NFL effectiveness. Taco has the added bonus of being injury prone... Id keep Williams honestly.
    I’d think After 2 years of rotting on the bench that Williams might get more than a two game audition...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I’d think After 2 years of rotting on the bench that Williams might get more than a two game audition...

im of the opinion that he hasnt played that poorly. I dont think hes shown much either, but i think a little PT may allow the light bulb to come on vs being a JAG.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    At this point that is almost a no brainer. What’s Williams shown? Maybe Wink can motivate Taco ? He was viewed as a round 1 talent ( by a lot here also). Williams hasn’t shown anything.
    I don't the team is desperate enough to have to add guys who have to be motivated to perform.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Cowboys need pass rush more than we do if they letting this dude go he must be bad

Charlton has a lot of talent, but is really lacking in the effort/motor/toughness categories. I don't think he's going to amount to much.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Underwhelmed is putting it mildly. Taco is complete garbage. The Cowboys couldn't trade him for a conditional 7th and hate him so much that they are going to cut him. This is not someone who is going to make it in the NFL. It's like Vernon Gholston who everyone was going to fix because he was a top 5 pick only he just couldn't play at this level.
    Good comparison. I say NO and would not ring the Taco bell... Bc

Blog Entries

Don’t think he’d be a good fit here.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Taco is every other DE we've had here who couldn't get to the QB. No way.. I would much rather have Jalen Ramsey in the conversation.. (but he's not a Harbs type player so I doubt that's happening either)

Looks like a bust to me. Pass.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Worth a shot if he passes through waivers. Not as if they'd be risking anything.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk