Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Re: The "Yet Another Colin Kaepernick Thread" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Eric Reid still takes a knee every Sunday but the fake outrage is gone
    Because the NFL basically told the media to not cover it in any way shape or form. No one knows that he still kneels.

Reid is really a complete jackass btw. I remember when he went after Malcolm Jenkins when the Eagles played the Panthers. It was like 2 weeks after Reid signed with the Panthers and he confronted Jenkins at midfield prior to the coin flip. Screaming and shouting liking a petulant child all because Jenkins had the audacity to compromise with the NFL about the cause.

I respect guys like Jenkins and Doug Baldwin. They proposed their social justice ideas in a logical non threatening way. Maybe you didn't agree with all their ideas, but they certainly garnered respect because they realized they had to be rational in order to achieve anything. Reid on the other hand was and is a pompous buffoon who is doing his cause more harm than good because he is confrontational, abrasive and lacks any clarity.

Re: The "Yet Another Colin Kaepernick Thread" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It is possible to understand the social issues, and even sympathize with his position on him, while still believing the form of protest is wrong and offensive.
    Some people are more bothered by black players kneeling for the anthem, than by the killings of Philando Castile, Tamir Rice, “EJ” Bradford, etc etc etc.

Others feel differently.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Some people are more bothered by black players kneeling for the anthem, than by the killings of Philando Castile, Tamir Rice, “EJ” Bradford, etc etc etc.

Others feel differently.
    I think there were players of other races kneeling too....

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Of all people who might understand issues facing the average person, a pampered club of billionaires would be damn close to the bottom of the list. These are people who wouldn't think twice about hiring people with DV and various other convictions, but will suspend people for occasionally smoking weed, even if their state government says it's legal.
    Bisciotti started his company in a garage with his brother if I'm nor mistaken. You make it sound like these guys are all 4rth generation aristocrats. A lot of these owners are badass self made millionaire businessmen and football is a business. Tacitly allowing something that appears as disrespect of a symbol that is revered by a big chunk of your fan base is bad for business.
    Last edited by Moe the Crow; 09-18-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

The "Yet Another Colin Kaepernick Thread" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

Others feel differently.
    It’s not a contest. Can’t I be bothered by both things? Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Kap lost his job to Blaine Gabbert BEFORE he started sitting and kneeling.
    And then had surgery on his shoulder later that same year (2015). Then in 2016 won the job back and played much better than Gabbert.

Statistically, Kap and Blaine were on a per game basis in 2015 and 2016 actually a wash, no real difference between them other than Kap throwing a few less INTs which is mitigated by Kap having 14 fumbles losing 9 to Blaine's 4 fumbles losing 3 of them:
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...00&idx=players
    Cute statistical trick. What happens when we filter out the year Kaep had the shoulder injury?

Because that's what Kap wants, starter money, even though he's essentially Blaine Gabbert with more baggage.
    How do you know what Kap wants? Has any NFL team made Kap an offer, that he has declind?

So now sacks don't matter? Ridiculous. Blaine and Kap are both backup QBs, the difference is one is willing to accept backup money while the other thinks...who even knows at this point?
    Has Kap stated unequivocally that he's willing to take backup money now?
    Of course sacks matter but they’re hardly primarily on the QB, and don’t reflect someone’s ability as a passer. You can say they were the same all you want but I’m gonna put some weight on the fact that’s Kap threw way more TDs and way fewer INTs. That seems important to me, I guess you don’t care about those things though.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Because the NFL basically told the media to not cover it in any way shape or form. No one knows that he still kneels.

Reid is really a complete jackass btw. I remember when he went after Malcolm Jenkins when the Eagles played the Panthers. It was like 2 weeks after Reid signed with the Panthers and he confronted Jenkins at midfield prior to the coin flip. Screaming and shouting liking a petulant child all because Jenkins had the audacity to compromise with the NFL about the cause.

I respect guys like Jenkins and Doug Baldwin. They proposed their social justice ideas in a logical non threatening way. Maybe you didn't agree with all their ideas, but they certainly garnered respect because they realized they had to be rational in order to achieve anything. Reid on the other hand was and is a pompous buffoon who is doing his cause more harm than good because he is confrontational, abrasive and lacks any clarity.
    “Non threatening”. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Could it be that his play declined to the point he's not good enough?
    Not judging by his play in his last season as a start, 2016. He was literally better than about half the league's starting QBs.

Combined with the fact he hasn't played in 3 years?
    Certainly at some point he'll be too old and too rusty. For all I know that point is now. Or it was last year, or the year after next. No idea. But yeah, his viable playing years are close to over.

And his off the field issues?
    What off-the-field issues? I haven't heard of a single one. Have you?
    Last edited by JimZipCode; 09-18-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It’s not a contest. Can’t I be bothered by both things? Jesus.
    Which one are you complaining about? Which one has moved you to criticize the person (player) who did the most to raise visibility of it?
    Last edited by JimZipCode; 09-18-2019 at 12:52 PM.

11. Re: The "Yet Another Colin Kaepernick Thread" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    “Non threatening”. Yikes.
    Jeez.... just brutal man. Maybe instead of cherry picking two words I said, you can pause, listen or process, think about what my point is, disagree if you want, but realize I'm not taking a side or pushing an agenda. Life is always about compromise, from all of your responses here you don't seem to do that very well. You pretty much have an axe to grind and trust me dude, that is no way to go thru life. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Jeez.... just brutal man. Maybe instead of cherry picking two words I said, you can pause, listen or process, think about what my point is, disagree if you want, but realize I'm not taking a side or pushing an agenda. Life is always about compromise, from all of your responses here you don't seem to do that very well. You pretty much have an axe to grind and trust me dude, that is no way to go thru life. Just my 2 cents.
    I agree with some of what you said and disagree with some of what you said, but I picked out those two words because they seem to pretty clearly indicate some subconscious biases you might want to grapple with.

I’m pretty comfortable with the way I’m living my life but thank you for the advice.