Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The "Yet Another Colin Kaepernick Thread" Thread

USA Today article this morning promoting his return. Just stop. But then, it is the USA Today.

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    USA Today article this morning promoting his return. Just stop. But then, it is the USA Today.
    I honestly had a moment where I wanted him here to back up Joe until his girlfriend sent the tweet comparing Ray and Steve to Leonardo DeCaprio and Sam Jackson in Django Unchained.

At that point I realized the guy had too much baggage. I think after the Ray Rice incident we had zero appetite for hiring a guy that might cause division and/or too much media attention to the team. The dynamic would have been if he didn't start it would be due to racism blah blah. I actually think it makes more sense to have him on this offense now. I just really feel like the guy doesn't want to play/his heart is not in football.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Or there are boomers who understand the issues and think they are important , but believe that Kaepernick has nothing useful to say.
    Boomers have shown that they don't understand saying things like "Kaepernick has nothing useful to say".

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    The NFL is run by boomers who don't understand the actual social issues and see him as an distraction.
    It is possible to understand the social issues, and even sympathize with his position on him, while still believing the form of protest is wrong and offensive.

If you choose to protest human trafficking by taking a dump on my grandmother’s grave, I will be pretty offended. But that doesn’t mean I don’t understand and sympathize with the problem of human trafficking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I honestly had a moment where I wanted him here to back up Joe until his girlfriend sent the tweet comparing Ray and Steve to Leonardo DeCaprio and Sam Jackson in Django Unchained.

At that point I realized the guy had too much baggage. I think after the Ray Rice incident we had zero appetite for hiring a guy that might cause division and/or too much media attention to the team. The dynamic would have been if he didn't start it would be due to racism blah blah. I actually think it makes more sense to have him on this offense now. I just really feel like the guy doesn't want to play/his heart is not in football.
    Bisciotti proving he doesn't care about winning since he won't sign a player that would make the team better all because of his "feelings". All he's interested in is creating a bland corporate product rather than having the strongest roster of players.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Who the fuck cares. Seriously.

If NFL teams were interested in him, he’d be on a team. It’s really that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    People care because of WHY teams are not interested in him, Wicked.

Bisciotti proving he doesn't care about winning since he won't sign a player that would make the team better all because of his "feelings". All he's interested in is creating a bland corporate product rather than having the strongest roster of players.
    That describes 97% of sport team owners though. Say what you want but these things are businesses first. I think Bisciotti cares about winning more than most.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It is possible to understand the social issues, and even sympathize with his position on him, while still believing the form of protest is wrong and offensive.

If you choose to protest human trafficking by taking a dump on my grandmother’s grave, I will be pretty offended. But that doesn’t mean I don’t understand and sympathize with the problem of human trafficking.

LOL getting upset from kneeling and commercials as offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

See I got this take more when he was sitting. But this form of protest was suggested by a Green Beret. Kneeling has always been a sign of respect.

Boomers have shown that they don't understand saying things like "Kaepernick has nothing useful to say".
    I think that's over simplifying it. How you say something is important. Everyone would be behind him if the flag and anthem was not involved. Everyone. He could have kneeled in the endzone. Raised his fist with his head down when he scored etc. and the whole country would have been behind him. Boomers everyone would have paid his fines on Go Fund me etc.. The entire thing was very unnecessarily divisive.

Then there's the whole thing were folks don't want to mix politics with their sports. It's a ball game. Racially diverse teams of guys competing against other racially diverse teams of guys. Diverse fan bases unified to root for their team. Who wants a stink bomb in the middle of what is one place where people tend to forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    That describes 97% of sport team owners though. Say what you want but these things are businesses first. I think Bisciotti cares about winning more than most.
    I remember where they had an interview with the top Ravens execs (Cass & Bisciotti) where they talked about the franchise doesn't make money from winning Super Bowls and it was just tough for the Ravens to make profit. I think they also said that winning the Super Bowl every season wasn't the actual goal but being relevant every year is what they want to achieve. Makes you think why this team aims for 9 wins every season.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    See I got this take more when he was sitting. But this form of protest was suggested by a Green Beret. Kneeling has always been a sign of respect.
    Then why did they decide not to protest the day that September 11 came on a Sunday? They flat out stated (I think it was Reid) that they weren’t going to protest that day because they didn’t want to upset people.

But you’re okay with upsetting someone who lost their kid in Afghanistan every other Sunday of the season? Even THEY understand the problems with their form of protest. That’s why they changed from sitting to kneeling.

Kap’s own words said that kneeling was not about respect. He said the country did not deserve his respect as long as there are unarmed black men being killed by police. You can’t say that, and then tell me you’re kneeling out of respect.

I tend to agree with Ruth Bader Ginsburg. It’s his right to do it. He’s an idiot for doing it, but it’s his right. And it cost him his football career, and I have zero sympathy for it.

Find a better way to protest.

"Chin up, chest out."