Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 30313233 LastLast

Re: The "Yet Another Colin Kaepernick Thread" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    He claims the entire league is blackballing kap. But he has zero evidence of this.
    Res ipsa loquitur.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    MIstake my ass. Where in the world did you get “equally” out of anything I wrote? Seriously, where?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...51f152c731.jpg

For the record, because you seem intent on making this ridiculous point, I am FAR more concerned about people dying than I am about Kaepernick kneeling. In fact, I am far more concerned about literally thousands of things than I am about Kaepernick kneeling.

But since this is a thread about, you know, Colin Kaepernick, that is the reason I am discussing Colin Kaepernick. This is the last time I’m going to try to make this point to you. If you don’t understand it now, you never will.
    Thanks for maligning my reading comprehension.

Yes I am intent on making this ridiculous point. If one is indeed FAR more concerned about people being killed than about football players kneeling, then that implies that one issue is of far greater importance than the other. Which in turn implies that there are NOT two equally valid viewpoints on the issue of players kneeling for the anthem.

And yet you have deployed a certain amount of both-sides-ism in this thread. For example:
    Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It is possible to understand the social issues, and even sympathize with his position on him, while still believing the form of protest is wrong and offensive.
    Shas has too, in what seems to me to be a kindly-motivated attempt to find some basis for common discussion. But it's tragically misguided.

**IF** the issue Kaep was protesting was valid and important; and if it really is "FAR more important" than football players kneeling; then the people who claim to find "the form" of his peaceful & non-violent & utterly harmless protest to be wrong and offensive, do not have any valid point whatsoever.

On the other hand, **IF** the people who find the form of Kaep's protest to be wrong & offensive have a valid point, that means that football players kneeling is of roughly comparable importance / offensiveness as police shooting unarmed black men. The form of Kaep's protest was roughly as disturbing & offensive as what he was protesting; they're comparable.

I'm not sure precisely which "field" this is: semantics, or propositional logic, or what; but it's inescapable. Everyone in this thread is taking one of those two positions. You & Shas included. Calling me a dumb motherfucker who doesn't understand English doesn't really change that.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    All he was saying was he can care about them both at the same time. Not in the same way.

You are often so literal, sometimes it feels like on purpose to continue an argument, but in that case you added word he didn't say. And it was ridiculous to add a word to make it seem like someone thinks the act of kneeling is equivalent to someone losing their life - you know no one thinks that.
    No, I DON'T know that no one thinks that, because what people are arguing when they say that the form of Kaep's protest was wrong & offensive is precisely that.

"Sure, it's tragic that Tamir Rice & Philando Castille et al were killed; but what's REALLY offensive is the way these entitled players disrespect the flag."

There is no way around this.
    • EITHER the killings are offensive & important; and beside them, the kneeling of players absolutely pales in importance.
    • OR the kneeling of players was so profoundly offensive that it's of comparable importance to the issue they were kneeling about, and Kaep's form of protest was wrong.

This is blindingly obvious. Exactly one of those things is true.

And that's the reason I keep asking ridiculous over-literal questions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    No, I DON'T know that no one thinks that, because what people are arguing when they say that the form of Kaep's protest was wrong & offensive is precisely that.

"Sure, it's tragic that Tamir Rice & Philando Castille et al were killed; but what's REALLY offensive is the way these entitled players disrespect the flag."

There is no way around this.
    • EITHER the killings are offensive & important; and beside them, the kneeling of players absolutely pales in importance.
    • OR the kneeling of players was so profoundly offensive that it's of comparable importance to the issue they were kneeling about, and Kaep's form of protest was wrong.

This is blindingly obvious. Exactly one of those things is true.

And that's the reason I keep asking ridiculous over-literal questions.
    It’s not an either or regardless of how much you want it to be. And more to the point I don’t really see anyone saying he shouldn’t be signed because of it. It’s more that he sucks/ed hasn’t played in 3 years and burned a lot of bridges.

It’s not an either or regardless of how much you want it to be.
    Of course it is. Either players kneeling is of comparable importance / offensiveness to the killings they were protesting; or it's not.

And more to the point I don’t really see anyone saying he shouldn’t be signed because of it.
    That's pretty disingenuous. No one? Not our president? No one at all?

It’s more that he sucks/ed hasn’t played in 3 years and burned a lot of bridges.
    He didn't suck in 2016; he was actually good.

But it is true that he hasn't played in 2 seasons, and isn't getting any better. Only older. At some point his window is closed, if it isn't already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Of course it is. Either players kneeling is of comparable importance / offensiveness to the killings they were protesting; or it's not.
    You’re right THAT is either or. I had to reread it a couple of times to get your point.

I was saying it’s not either or which one bothers you. They both can

That's pretty disingenuous. No one? Not our president? No one at all?
    Talking about this thread Jim, you know the people who are discussing it with you. :)

He didn't suck in 2016; he was actually good.

But it is true that he hasn't played in 2 seasons, and isn't getting any better. Only older. At some point his window is closed, if it isn't already.
    I think it’s closed and it’s his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Tristan Sports Memorabilia inside the Venetian. They had Terry Bradshaw and Dick Butkus earlier that week. You are wrong. I never said anything of the sort about Eric Reid. I did point out that it’s incorrect to say the NFL is blacklisting CK while several dozen players who regularly kneel have gone into free agency and been signed. I’ve not read that he’s a problem in the locker room either. Thanks again for being an incredible asshole and denying any legitimacy to my very real story though. Just wouldn’t be a Boss post if it wasn’t you being a huge asshole as usual. Just to prove to you I was there.... I took my wife to see Olivia Newton-John that weekend for her birthday. I got us backstage passes. You think I’d lie about that too? You know a lot of football watching guys willing to say he was in vegas to see ONJ? Piss off loser....
    You´re waaay beyond filing any complaints about my behaviour on this bord mate. I might act like a douche towards you and a few other posters here, but that´s nothing compared to how you act towards me. I´m just better att making it a little more implicit, while proving your faulty points, whereas you apparently feel the need to do it extremely explicit, since you can´t contradict those points. You see me crying or trying to win open support from other posters? Just stop it, its pathetic.

I will call you out on your false statements and lies. Still waiting on several unsubstanitated claims from you, that you avoid.
    Here though, I just asked actually, saying it really sounds like bogus. I base this on that I haven´t heard one single complaint from anyone near Kaepernick that he would be a dick. Quite the opposite. And considering right wing media would have jumped like sharks on a story like this...

And this story, it just sounds too absurd... I googled a bit and I can´t find ONE single account of him acting anything even remotely like this. The only Tristar signings I find with him are three conducted in San Fran, where he´s praised for how he is as a person.
    One would think something as explicit at the story you post would have hit the news back at the time.
    49:ers star QB arrives 45 minutes late, presumably hundreds of fans waiting, then hides in a corner, doing the primadonna act in public, and that last touch about the boy? And noone reported on it?
    I mean, you really find that story credible, whoever told it to you..?

Eric Reid, maybe it wasn´t you, might have been someone else. So yup, might very well be wrong on that one. You think he belongs in the NFL then?

How this Olivia N-J-thing would bring any credibility to the story eludes me completley. I don´t care if you admit to like dressing up like ballerina, standing on your head singing duets with Barbara Streisand while proclaiming the earth is flat, I wont belive you anyway.

hey guys, avid reader first time poster so bare with me...I've been reading through the majority of this thread and I think the thing that sticks out the most is the amount of misinformation being stated as fact or at the very least misleading e.i. Kap opted out of his contract in San Fran. True but speculation from those that cover the team was that the Niners would have cut him anyway due to the absorbent cap hit for the next season. Also, "Kap wants to be a starter and paid like one." link please! never heard that out of his or any representative for him. The thought at the time IIRC was that he would have signed for 11 million at the time. Thats not franchise starter money especially now considering Dak Prescott will probably sign for +30 million here soon.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...collusion-case

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvin's Dad View Post
    hey guys, avid reader first time poster so bare with me...I've been reading through the majority of this thread and I think the thing that sticks out the most is the amount of misinformation being stated as fact or at the very least misleading e.i. Kap opted out of his contract in San Fran. True but speculation from those that cover the team was that the Niners would have cut him anyway due to the absorbent cap hit for the next season. Also, "Kap wants to be a starter and paid like one." link please! never heard that out of his or any representative for him. The thought at the time IIRC was that he would have signed for 11 million at the time. Thats not franchise starter money especially now considering Dak Prescott will probably sign for +30 million here soon.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...collusion-case
    The Broncos offered him a contract in 2016 when they tried to trade for him. It would’ve been a pay cut and he turned them down.

When Kaepernick later opted out of his contract and was free to sign anywhere...Elway was quoted as saying...”Colin had his chance here already. We offered him a contract. He passed.”

If I’m an NFL executive and he already turned down “less money”...it seems logical that’s he’s not interested in taking a paycut (ie backup money) since he already declined Elway’s contract.

Add in the poor play, the politics, and the Ravens insult...yeah...it’s not an appetizing situation.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 09-21-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    I wont belive you anyway.
    Seems him replying to you is pointless than hey Swissman?

Seems him replying to you is pointless than hey Swissman?
    Don´t be silly, that´s not what I´m saying. I mean, it´s possible it´s true I suppose, but it really sounds absurd. I´m not saying this is Ditkas making it up either, but that I doubt this information because of the reasons stated above. I´m sure one or two of you would ask for something to back up claims like this too, if it was someone you say liked or supported and you´d never heard anything even remotely close to this about that person.
    And I do have a little merit for my doubts, since Ditkas has recently lied about the average income in Sweden, Polish missil defences, UK health care etc...

Is this Switzerland thing the new black to belittle me? Cool. I lived there for a while too actually. Nice country, but a bit snobbish. Expensive as hell too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    It seems I have upset him with facts. And by pointing out that his entire argument is based on feelings.

Kap walked away from the NFL. He was not cut.

He claims the entire league is blackballing kap. But he has zero evidence of this. I know the ravens were interested in him until his girlfriend threw the entire organization under the bus.

The facts are clear, kap was a below average qb that walked away from the NFL.
    Now it appears we know why he did this.... It was more fun to be a Social Justice SuperHero Celebrity than a back up QB. And we have also learned since then that it was also more PROFITABLE for him to be a Social Justice Celeb than an NFL QB (Thanks to Nike who was paying him on the down/low all along to be a SJW). Ravens were sincere in their dealings with him. He was not. He is a fraud. Ravens were close or even talking contract offer parameters, and it was like uh oh how do we get out of this while keeping the phony narrative intact (that he is a victim because of his "heroic" stance). His girlfriend's antics made sure he wouldnt be signed here... Kap had no intention of taking an NFL contract and Ravens almost exposed him by offering one.
    Last edited by KevBA; 09-22-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevBA View Post
    Now it appears we know why he did this.... It was more fun to be a Social Justice SuperHero Celebrity than a back up QB. And we have also learned since then that it was also more PROFITABLE for him to be a Social Justice Celeb than an NFL QB (Thanks to Nike who was paying him on the down/low all along to be a SJW). Ravens were sincere in their dealings with him. He was not. He is a fraud. Ravens were close or even talking contract offer parameters, and it was like uh oh how do we get out of this while keeping the phony narrative intact (that he is a victim because of his "heroic" stance). His girlfriend's antics made sure he wouldnt be signed here... Kap had no intention of taking an NFL contract and Ravens almost exposed him by offering one.
    Careful Kev.

You might be ruffling feathers for some by maligning CK’s character by believing $$$ played a role in this whole ordeal.