Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 LastLast

Re: The "Yet Another Colin Kaepernick Thread" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    ??

I'm pretty sure backing Kaep doesn't make me relevant. I'm still irrelevant, even after writing a bunch of stuff in this thread all week.
    LOL - point was about baby boomers not getting it. That generation saw real progress.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Yeah... and the speech is relevant because Douglass slammed slavery while recognizing the greatness of this nation's ideas. I don't think he would have worn the Che shirt.
    Point isn't diminished by the Che shirt, or the Castro shirt, or the shirt he supposedly wore to the deposition. Perhaps the messenger is; but that's a different thing.

Some people are more bothered by black players kneeling for the anthem, than by the killings of Philando Castile, Tamir Rice, “EJ” Bradford, etc etc etc.

Others feel differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It’s not a contest. Can’t I be bothered by both things? Jesus.
    WAIT A MINUTE.

Did you imply here that you were equally bothered by both things? Both things are equally disturbing?

Is that really what you meant to say? Or was it just a hastily-written mistake?

Blog Entries

WAIT A MINUTE.

Did you imply here that you were equally bothered by both things? Both things are equally disturbing?

Where did he write the word “equally”, Jim?

Seriously, these types of post are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Now, this really sounds like a made up story. I´ve never heard any reports of Kap being a big douche. Not at all actually. It´s possible of course, but one should have heard something surely.

This shouldnt be hard to verify though. A quick search finds like 5 collectible stores in Vegas that could be "the largest" you refer to. Would you care to point out which one it is? In a PM if you wish too. Would save me time.

Isn´t your bias actually something else? I´m certain I saw you post a short while ago that you thought Eric Reid should be out af a job soleley for kneeing along with Kaepernick. Correct me if I´m wrong.
    Tristan Sports Memorabilia inside the Venetian. They had Terry Bradshaw and Dick Butkus earlier that week. You are wrong. I never said anything of the sort about Eric Reid. I did point out that it’s incorrect to say the NFL is blacklisting CK while several dozen players who regularly kneel have gone into free agency and been signed. I’ve not read that he’s a problem in the locker room either. Thanks again for being an incredible asshole and denying any legitimacy to my very real story though. Just wouldn’t be a Boss post if it wasn’t you being a huge asshole as usual. Just to prove to you I was there.... I took my wife to see Olivia Newton-John that weekend for her birthday. I got us backstage passes. You think I’d lie about that too? You know a lot of football watching guys willing to say he was in vegas to see ONJ? Piss off loser....

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Tristan Sports Memorabilia inside the Venetian. They had Terry Bradshaw and Dick Butkus earlier that week. You are wrong. I never said anything of the sort about Eric Reid. I did point out that it’s incorrect to say the NFL is blacklisting CK while several dozen players who regularly kneel have gone into free agency and been signed. I’ve not read that he’s a problem in the locker room either. Thanks again for being an incredible asshole and denying any legitimacy to my very real story though. Just wouldn’t be a Boss post if it wasn’t you being a huge asshole as usual. Just to prove to you I was there.... I took my wife to see Olivia Newton-John that weekend for her birthday. I got us backstage passes. You think I’d lie about that too? You know a lot of football watching guys willing to say he was in vegas to see ONJ? Piss off loser....
    Tristar... not Tristan. That was autocorrect...

I have no opinion on whether Kaep is an asshole. He may well be.

But I've never heard anything about him being a problem in the locker room, or in the QB room. One QB who was famous for being a jerk and a problem, was Jeff George. And he got opportunity after opportunity. A 12 year career! To the best of my knowledge, Jeff George never took a team to a SB.
    I agree with you there. That’s why I did mention Sandusky though too. In the late 90’s, there were a LOT of NFL fans that were pissed when they got a coach while he was out there. Nobody knew why he wasn’t getting a shot in the NFL. Owners didn’t run around saying it’s because he was a child-hungry pedophile... but they clearly had an idea he was. CK could just be good at hiding it. Jeff George was a remarkable douche. But he also didn’t lose fans during his time. There is a money aspect as well. A LOT of fans boycotted the NFL over the kneeling.
    I’d also like to thank you Jim. We clearly differ on our opinions in this matter but you’ve been a good sport and I appreciate it. Maybe Bossoftaka will realize that it’s not that we disagree with him.... but that he’s actually a HUGE douche that everyone hates because he’s a panty-waste and treats people like garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Where did he write the word “equally”, Jim?
    That's why I asked the question.

Seriously, these types of post are ridiculous.
    In what way?

I agree with you there. That’s why I did mention Sandusky though too.
    Wait. What?

When did you mention Sandusky before? Was it this thread?

Jeff George was a remarkable douche. But he also didn’t lose fans during his time. There is a money aspect as well. A LOT of fans boycotted the NFL over the kneeling.
    I get it. That's the "Anything that upsets the paying customers is wrong" viewpoint. That has a lot more traction than any of the quasi-moral "reasoning" I've seen in this thread and elsewhere, IMO.

I dunno, though. The league has readmitted domestic abusers, sexual assaulters, drunk drivers, drug users. Each of these "categories" of offender has had some "constituency" protesting about them or advocating a boycott, at some point. Kaep's actions were not remotely comparable. But he should be effectively banned for life?

Does not compute, for me.

I I’d also like to thank you Jim. We clearly differ on our opinions in this matter but you’ve been a good sport and I appreciate it.
    Thanks for the kind words.

Maybe Bossoftaka will realize that it’s not that we disagree with him.... but that he’s actually a HUGE douche that everyone hates because he’s a panty-waste and treats people like garbage.
    Please don't rope me into that. Bad enough I shared the meme.

Blog Entries

That's why I asked the question.

In what way?
    All he was saying was he can care about them both at the same time. Not in the same way.

You are often so literal, sometimes it feels like on purpose to continue an argument, but in that case you added word he didn't say. And it was ridiculous to add a word to make it seem like someone thinks the act of kneeling is equivalent to someone losing their life - you know no one thinks that.

WAIT A MINUTE.

MIstake my ass. Where in the world did you get “equally” out of anything I wrote? Seriously, where?

For the record, because you seem intent on making this ridiculous point, I am FAR more concerned about people dying than I am about Kaepernick kneeling. In fact, I am far more concerned about literally thousands of things than I am about Kaepernick kneeling.

But since this is a thread about, you know, Colin Kaepernick, that is the reason I am discussing Colin Kaepernick. This is the last time I’m going to try to make this point to you. If you don’t understand it now, you never will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

I saw one post today from Vlad and I quoted it. What was so bad about that?
    It seems I have upset him with facts. And by pointing out that his entire argument is based on feelings.

Kap walked away from the NFL. He was not cut.

He claims the entire league is blackballing kap. But he has zero evidence of this. I know the ravens were interested in him until his girlfriend threw the entire organization under the bus.

The facts are clear, kap was a below average qb that walked away from the NFL.