Page 1 of 33 123 ... LastLast

The "Yet Another Colin Kaepernick Thread" Thread

Hey guys. How bout we continue to debate Colin Kaepernick here, and leave the Around the League thread for stuff that is actually happening, you know, around the league.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Re: The "Yet Another Colin Kaepernick Thread" Thread

Who the fuck cares. Seriously.

If NFL teams were interested in him, he’d be on a team. It’s really that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

If NFL teams were interested in him, he’d be on a team. It’s really that simple.

Amen.

I don't know why his name is coming up again all of a sudden. I guess he's becoming irrelevant again and needs the NFL platform to boost him up. Too bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    ...and leave the Around the League thread for stuff that is actually happening, you know, around the league.
    Fair.

I'd be happy to grab a beer and talk about Kap--I have all sorts of thoughts--but I don't think an open, honest conversation on this topic is possible on a message board (or social media of any kind) without people losing their minds. There is no decorum on these platforms.

The topic supersedes football. It's almost automatically off topic. The league doesn't want to address it because it's too controversial. It's a lose-lose proposition. So they cut off the whole subject like a wart. Hell, they can't even deal with non controversies like addressing domestic violence.

7. Re: The "Yet Another Colin Kaepernick Thread" Thread

Has there ever been a QB that was not on an active roster for 3 years and came back? I’m guessing some no name guys who came back as camp arms or practice squad guys, but I can’t really recall any high profile players?

This is probably more of a publicity stunt. I don’t think Kapernick has any interest in playing football again.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

No body cares. Never in my life have I seen so much whining about an athlete who's lousy play on top of dumbass rhetoric that comes from him and his girlfriend and people actually wonder why this clown is not employed??? lol

Look at all the bad PR teams are dealing with lately, if any team wanted this clown he would be on a Roster somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Couldnt have said it better myself.

No body cares. Never in my life have I seen so much whining about an athlete who's lousy play on top of dumbass rhetoric that comes from him and his girlfriend and people actually wonder why this clown is not employed??? lol

Look at all the bad PR teams are dealing with lately, if any team wanted this clown he would be on a Roster somewhere.
    He was never a bad player. He's better than Flacco and he should been brought in to replace him in 2017. Also activism isn't whining but you and other people seem to not understand this.

Kaepernick is better than a lot of QBs out there and yes there have examples of QBs who comeback after leaving for a few years.

The NFL is run by boomers who don't understand the actual social issues and see him as an distraction.

His career is over. No QB needy team is going to sign a qb who hasn't played for three years and hasn't participated in the offseason

If Kaepernick truly wanted to play he'd be playing the CFL right now waiting for a call. However we all know been printing money with his martyr portrayal thing. Going to the CFL and reproving himself as QB would be a betrayal of that narrative as well as a massive pay cut

The fact he instructed his agent after three years and not playing in any preseason games or offseason workouts to cold call teams shows he is either delusionally entitled beyond belief or just using this whole thing as a way to get back into the news and make more money off his faux victimhood.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    The NFL is run by boomers who don't understand the actual social issues and see him as an distraction.
    Or there are boomers who understand the issues and think they are important , but believe that Kaepernick has nothing useful to say.