Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 313233

Re: The "Yet Another Colin Kaepernick Thread" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Careful Kev.

You might be ruffling feathers for some by maligning CK’s character by believing $$$ played a role in this whole ordeal.
    Nah, that post is so pathetic no one will bother even is my guess. I sure won´t.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Point isn't diminished by the Che shirt, or the Castro shirt, or the shirt he supposedly wore to the deposition. Perhaps the messenger is; but that's a different thing.
    I believe the point is completely changed and that Kaepernick's campaign is by-in-large counter-productive. Returning to two issues of substance.

1) First the micro-narratives being advance in the national media at the time of the Kaepernick protests, centered on the deaths of Martin, Brown, Garner and Gray, and they were largely false. There are all kinds of deliberate racists things that happen and have happened in America. These were not good examples. Pretending otherwise after viewing the evidence was immoral.

1a) The macro-narrative that there is an epidemic of racist police shootings does not appear to be substantiated by the same types of research we apply to football. Note this recent study: https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877

2) It is important that we oppose racism, especially against African-Americans, because of our nations history, but the basis for that opposition is part of the message. Che was a Marxist who would support rising up against white people out of the Marxist belief that all of history is class-structure. Douglass, King, Tubman and many of the founding fathers publicly opposed racism and slavery based on the ideological/religious belief that our nation is based on a fundamental equality of all human life.

Thus to me Kaepermick is to civil rights as Perriman is to Ravens wide receivers. I am all for the cause but we need a better "player" to represent it.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    I believe the point is completely changed and that Kaepernick's campaign is by-in-large counter-productive. Returning to two issues of substance.

1) First the micro-narratives being advance in the national media at the time of the Kaepernick protests, centered on the deaths of Martin, Brown, Garner and Gray, and they were largely false. There are all kinds of deliberate racists things that happen and have happened in America. These were not good examples. Pretending otherwise after viewing the evidence was immoral.

1a) The macro-narrative that there is an epidemic of racist police shootings does not appear to be substantiated by the same types of research we apply to football. Note this recent study: https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877

2) It is important that we oppose racism, especially against African-Americans, because of our nations history, but the basis for that opposition is part of the message. Che was a Marxist who would support rising up against white people out of the Marxist belief that all of history is class-structure. Douglass, King, Tubman and many of the founding fathers publicly opposed racism and slavery based on the ideological/religious belief that our nation is based on a fundamental equality of all human life.

Thus to me Kaepermick is to civil rights as Perriman is to Ravens wide receivers. I am all for the cause but we need a better "player" to represent it.
    As Ben Shapiro so eloquently puts it, "If you show me an example of actual racism, I will be right there with you fighting against it."
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    As Ben Shapiro so eloquently puts it, "If you show me an example of actual racism, I will be right there with you fighting against it."
    >Quoting Ben "Weed Whacker" Shapiro

And no valuable takes were made.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    >Quoting Ben "Weed Whacker" Shapiro

And no valuable takes were made.
    Irony...

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Irony...
    Was Serph quoting me? Weird, I've had him on ignore for so long I forgot he was even a thing.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    As you know there are many and much work to be done. What bothers me is that raising bad examples prevents us from addressing the good ones and drives the nation further apart.

One thing I hope people are able to separate, and I commend this chat for doing so for the most part, is that: You can dislike CK... you can think he never deserved another shot in the NFL... you can disagree with his protest.

That does't make you a "racist".

Racist comments would be, "I hate Colin and other black people because of their skin color!"
    A non-racist comment, "I disagree with what Colin says, and I don't like his protest"

We, as a country, should be against any and all racism. That is NOT a free pass for any and all behavior by any person based purely on their message and the color of their skin. Starting ANY conversation with, "The (insert race or gender here) community should... " Is racist & sexist because it groups entire segments of the population by purely just pigment/gender. All women don't believe in something. All latinos do not think a certain way. As individuals, they all have different personalities, hopes, and desires. All african americans don't agree with CK!!!
    It is racist to promote a white guy purely on the color of his skin. It is racist to yell at someone you don't know based purely out of prejudice. The common denominator is ignorance. Nobody in this thread (other than Boss) has shown ignorance. Everyone seems well up on the topics or are making concerted efforts to do so, and are talking in regards to their beliefs that bolster your arguments on both sides. Thank you all (except boss) for keeping this conversation away from attacking individuals with that word because NO constructive conversation will EVER arise out of throwing out that word all willy-nilly... and we see that FAR too much today.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

9. Re: The "Yet Another Colin Kaepernick Thread" Thread

Nessa, his girlfriend now claims "that Colin Kaepernick has never been offered a job; not by Miami, not by Baltimore, not by Denver, not by Seattle."
    https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/col...ephen-a-smith/

While an NFL source reportedly told the Daily Caller back in 2017 that "Kaep himself has turned down at least one contract in the hopes of stirring up a media frenzy that eventually leads to a more lucrative deal for the 29-year-old vet."

"Kaepernick allegedly doesn’t want to make “backup money” and specifically instructed his representative team not to sign one contract offered at the league’s minimum rate of $900,000 per year for a seventh-year player."

"...that Kaepernick’s girlfriend, outspoken radio host Nessa Diab, appears to be a driving force behind his negotiating tactics."

"Colin thinks he’s fighting a much higher battle than he is, the source stated. "He views himself as a race messiah.”

"The source further explained that the NFL has instructed teams and owners to hush news of Kaepernick’s contract negotiations."

"Several teams, including the Ravens, Seahawks and Dolphins, have reportedly reached out to Kaepernick this offseason."
    https://dailycaller.com/2017/08/07/n...the-race-card/

...So, somebody's lying, either Nessa or the unnamed NFL source/Daily Caller.

We know that our own Ravens were exploring signing him before Nessa herself torpedoed it, and Elway went on record that he'd offered Colin a deal in a proposed trade with the 49ers in 2016 (before Colin started protesting) that Colin rejected because it would have meant a pay cut, and then it seems that Colin sabotaged any chance of the Broncos considering him after becoming a FA with this tweet back in 2018.
    https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...enver-broncos/

So, who do we believe here, Nessa or the unnamed NFL source?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Nessa, his girlfriend now claims "that Colin Kaepernick has never been offered a job; not by Miami, not by Baltimore, not by Denver, not by Seattle."

While an NFL source reportedly told the Daily Caller back in 2017 that "Kaep himself has turned down at least one contract in the hopes of stirring up a media frenzy that eventually leads to a more lucrative deal for the 29-year-old vet."

"Kaepernick allegedly doesn’t want to make “backup money” and specifically instructed his representative team not to sign one contract offered at the league’s minimum rate of $900,000 per year for a seventh-year player."

"...that Kaepernick’s girlfriend, outspoken radio host Nessa Diab, appears to be a driving force behind his negotiating tactics."

"Colin thinks he’s fighting a much higher battle than he is, the source stated. "He views himself as a race messiah.”

"The source further explained that the NFL has instructed teams and owners to hush news of Kaepernick’s contract negotiations."

"Several teams, including the Ravens, Seahawks and Dolphins, have reportedly reached out to Kaepernick this offseason."

We know that our own Ravens were exploring signing him before Nessa herself torpedoed it, and Elway went on record that he'd offered Colin a deal in a proposed trade with the 49ers in 2016 (before Colin started protesting) that Colin rejected because it would have meant a pay cut, and then it seems that Colin sabotaged any chance of the Broncos considering him after becoming a FA with this tweet back in 2018.

I'm going to believe the person who's not friends with Linda Sarsour.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    One thing I hope people are able to separate, and I commend this chat for doing so for the most part, is that: You can dislike CK... you can think he never deserved another shot in the NFL... you can disagree with his protest.

That does't make you a "racist".

Racist comments would be, "I hate Colin and other black people because of their skin color!"
    A non-racist comment, "I disagree with what Colin says, and I don't like his protest"
    There can be racism without being explicit about it too... I´m not gonna go through the whole thread now but I seem to remember a couple of posts that could def go under that category.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    The common denominator is ignorance. Nobody in this thread (other than Boss) has shown ignorance. Everyone seems well up on the topics or are making concerted efforts to do so, and are talking in regards to their beliefs that bolster your arguments on both sides. Thank you all (except boss) for keeping this conversation away from attacking individuals with that word because NO constructive conversation will EVER arise out of throwing out that word all willy-nilly... and we see that FAR too much today.
    I have not been ignorant in the way you insinuate by calling anyone in this thread a racist. It is not ignorance to call out people that create a whole new speculative narrative as a starting point, like the one about Kap doing it all for money, which nothing would indicate whatsoever if you look at it from the start.
    Ignorance (=lack of knowledge or information) is what people like you express on here on an almost daily basis, like you claims about Sweden, the EU, healthcare, now latest about Greta Thunbergs rise to fame and that sailing trip. THAT is ignorance in it´s very fundamental form. Or like you stating that you´re superior to me in every way, calling me "EU-trash", trying to belittle Sweden as a country every chance you get, that is also ignorance. I´ve never behaved in such a way or talked about USA the way you do about the EU or Sweden. Not even you could make me behave in that way.
    Ignorance is also like several posters have done here, that made most sensible people leave, to start with sentences like "this is really a debate between liberal and rational". There´s plenty of ignorance going on in this thread. Not by me though. I might act like a douche to especially you, but you deserve it whole heartedly.

Now, if you´re even half the man you think you are, you will stop adressing me in posts like this and actually reply to my replies to you. There are two in the thread about Greta Thunberg, where YOU instigated conversation, only to run off when called out.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post

I have always held the same outlook in this laughable sorry ass piece of trash since it began. He was never serious about playing anywhere since he took on this fake persona of him being this social justice messiah.

I firmly believe his initial kneeling had nothing to do with anything other than him sulking for being bench by not 1 but two coachs following Harbaughs departure.

Look at how the Ravens situation transpired and it was reported him wearing a (Slave Master Tshirt) to the deposition after that garbage his girlfriend reported.

No one will remember this bum in a few years. He will never be in the Hall of Fame, his name will never be mentioned among the greats. He will be an after thought