Southwest Air to KC

My son begged me when the schedule came out to go to this game. Well, we going.

Who's going? Tailgates? Gatherings? Bar-b-que recommendations?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: Southwest Air to KC

Flight out Friday night. Working on tailgate plans with a Chiefs fan. Looking forward to seeing purple.
    Captain Offense

I've never been, but I heard this place is good for bbq.

https://www.joeskc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    I've never been, but I heard this place is good for bbq.

https://www.joeskc.com/
    Joe's is awesome, be prepared to wait in line though. I have relatives in KC and always hit Joes when we are in town.

Also check out Q39, q39kc.com.

Jack Stack BBQ, jackstackbbq.com.

Gates BBQ, gatesbbq.com.

Those are my favs. Power and Light district is good for hanging out and grabbing some brews.

Highly recommend picking up some sauces and bringing them home :).

Blog Entries

My wife and I went to KC in 2012. Great place to see a game and the fans were really friendly. Ribs downtown were the best I've had.

Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by hokiefan View Post
    Joe's is awesome, be prepared to wait in line though. I have relatives in KC and always hit Joes when we are in town.

Also check out Q39, q39kc.com.

Jack Stack BBQ, jackstackbbq.com.

Gates BBQ, gatesbbq.com.

Those are my favs. Power and Light district is good for hanging out and grabbing some brews.

Highly recommend picking up some sauces and bringing them home :).
    I live in KC- originally from Baltimore.

KC is a GREAT place to watch a game. The NFL culture here is strong! Arrowhead is LOUD!

RE BBQ

Joe's was originally Oklahoma Joe's. Not bad BBQ, but not authentic KC BBQ from my perspective. My recommendation for people who have not had KC BBQ is GATES.

order the beef on bun with fries- order it EXTRA lean or it has a little fat on it- still delicious either way.

the original and spicy sauces are the best BBQ sauces in the city.

Arthur Bryant's is historic KC BBQ and has amazing meat- but the spices and sauces Gates offers makes Gates #1 to me in authentic taste.

If you want a richer- what I would call "dinner type BBQ" I recommend Jack Stack! Best RIBS in KC.

There are lots of decent options- Q-39 is pretty good too, but when I eat at Gates I come out smelling like a KC BBQ sandwich!

You will crave this after you experience it!

Can't wait for the game! Bring the PURPLE STORM to Arrowhead!
    Last edited by Harley-Ravenson; 09-17-2019 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling

I've been to 2 KC Royal games out there which is next door to Arrowhead. The stadiums are like 10 miles from the city itself. It's a cool area.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley-Ravenson View Post

If you want a richer- what I would call "dinner type BBQ" I recommend Jack Stack! Best RIBS in KC.

There are lots of decent options- Q-39 is pretty good too, but when I eat at Gates I come out smelling like a KC BBQ sandwich!

You will crave this after you experience it!

Can't wait for the game! Bring the PURPLE STORM to Arrowhead!
    Ended up going to The Char Bar and Jack Stacks. Both were awesome. Jack Stacks @ Freighthouse had this one called "The Pitmaster" which was a mixture of burnt ends, pork and beef ribs, sausage, pulled pork, and more. Definitely good looking on the recommendations.

I'll say the games fans couldn't have been nicer. Went out their way to be nice and engage in conversation. Even walking out of there after the loss, there was no rubbing in your face like other places I've been. Only negative experience other than the loss was them making us park in the mud in the Red parking lot. Like an idiot I had on white tennis shoes on. It was nasty out there with all that rain that weekend.