Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Jalen Ramsey asked for a trade

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You can put as many good CBs in this defense as you want. We need a pass rush. KC isn't going to shred us due to our secondary. They're going to shred us, because we won't be able to generate pressure without blitzing.
    Can we put as many CBs on the field as we want too

Blog Entries

Jalen Ramsey asked for a trade

Ramsey has given up 11 catches on 17 targets for 118 yards 2 tds 0 ints 1 pass breakup and a 124.1 qb rating this season

He’s been a stud the 3 prior seasons though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Re: Jalen Ramsey asked for a trade

I don’t know. I think I’d rather keep my draft capital. We’ve got a solid secondary and we’ve been drafting pretty good there lately. All the guys we have drafted past couple years from humphrey to Clarke and Elliott look great to decent. We have depth. I want interior o-line and pass rush investment. We can’t have all stars at every spot. Perspective and rationality I think is needed here. Jimmy will be back. Care is a damn good 2 and we have Marlon playing elite. Averret has the physical tools to stick with anyone, more technique and playing time is needed. Let’s not stunt that growth. He is not costing us games. None of our guys are. They give up a pass, they’re atleast making the tackle quickly.

Stick with what we have guys!

4. Re: Jalen Ramsey asked for a trade

From everything I read about this off-season to now is the comradery amongst this team. The players seem to be a nice tight knit group. As good as Jalen is, is it worth it to potentially break up the harmony in the locker room?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    come on down baller
    No way. He's quitting on his team after 2 games. We don't need shitty attitudes like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    respectfully that is complete BS u didnt watch the game

Watkins caught a short yardage td on him every DB gets beat even Deion did all the time. Sammy is playing out of his mind and with a HoF QB in his prime.

Just because he talked shit about Flacco doesnt mean he's all of a sudden isnt the same player.
    I actually watched the whole game and not the condensed version either and I don't give a crap about Flacco. I'm a big LSU fan and have been waiting Fournette to show up so I recorded and watched it. I have the Texans game recorded but haven't had time to see it yet. PFF grades Ramsey at 49 this year. In 2017 he was 90 and looked awesome. Last year he was around 70 because without a great pass rush Ramsey is a lot more ordinary.

Go back and watch the start of the Chiefs game. 3rd and 3 and there is Mahomes picking on Ramsey for 8 for the 1st down. That's what set up the Watkins play. Why do think Ramsey is requesting a trade? It's not the 'defense is bad' it's the coach calling him out for not playing well. Ramsey was held accountable by the coach and Mr. big mouth now wants out.

I think his struggles right now are due to a lot of things...that team has some serious issues.

I really like the player...mouth and all. I do NOT like the asking price along with the looming contract deal.

If the Jags trade him, the team that trades must have a contract in place with him...otherwise, they have very little leverage.

Without a contract...I'd give up a 7th...no more.

If we were to get a contract that works, I'd give up a 4th and could be talked into a 3rd. Nothing more though.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    From everything I read about this off-season to now is the comradery amongst this team. The players seem to be a nice tight knit group. As good as Jalen is, is it worth it to potentially break up the harmony in the locker room?

Yes and we don't have a CB opposite of Humphrey we can count on. Get er done

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think his struggles right now are due to a lot of things...that team has some serious issues.

I really like the player...mouth and all. I do NOT like the asking price along with the looming contract deal.

If the Jags trade him, the team that trades must have a contract in place with him...otherwise, they have very little leverage.

Without a contract...I'd give up a 7th...no more.

If we were to get a contract that works, I'd give up a 4th and could be talked into a 3rd. Nothing more though.
    I mean sure if you can get an extension done that is always preferable but he is a year and half away from being franchised. There is plenty of time to work on a deal and if we can't the option is always there to franchise and trade him.

I’d give up a first round pick for Ramsey. He question is do you think our next first round pick will be high? Probably not. So do you think a late first round pick will develop into a better player than Ramsey?

Ramsey fits perfect into this defense. Wink loves man blitz. And Ramsey can get 1v1 and Humphrey on the #2 receiver, one back safety in earl thomas. That’s Godly right there.

As far as attitude. Who cares if he talks a lot of shit. Never heard of him being a locker room cancer. Aaron Rodgers got into it with McCarthy. It happens.

Deion talked a lot of shit as well. Many great players do. Who cares. As long as he isn’t a locker room cancer. And there haven’t been any reports of that.

Multiple things can be true... We have to look at the tradeoffs. Okay. Ramsey's an asshole. He'll quit on his team *if* his team is a mess, his coaches don't know how to use him, the locker room isn't well run but most of all, if he is losing.

He won't lose here. Not for the next four years at least. Our window is guaranteed to be open for the next four years especially if he comes around. As Decosta, I'm considering all of this if I am to analyze his character issues. Don't try to pretend the issues will go away. Try to stave them off until the window is closed with either a one or multiple Super Bowl wins. Look at this like Seattle and the Legion of Boom.

Now for the money... Front load the contract. Guarantee a bunch of it. Give yourself an out after 3 years. It's simple. Jimmy is coming off the books. So is Carr. We have the money to invest. Our scheme is *not* pass rush reliant. We manufacture pressure with blitzing. To blitz you need efficiently you need an elite secondary. So if the mainstays of our defense are in the secondary, like they are in New England, we can afford to use pure athletes in the front seven, even if they aren't every down, bona-fide studs.

So do the trade. A first and a third.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post

This

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk