Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Props to Kyler Murray

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Damn, they are going to be setup well when Fitz retires.
    Yeah man. I think this year they’re going to be a tough out every week but top out at like 5-7 wins. But next year and beyond they’re gonna start hanging 40+ on teams semi regularly.

Kyler Murray was good, no doubt. But several of his long completions were floaters that could have been easily broken up or even picked, if the secondary wasn't playing poorly and out of position so much. They better tighten up, or Mahomes is going to light us up.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    Kyler Murray was good, no doubt. But several of his long completions were floaters that could have been easily broken up or even picked, if the secondary wasn't playing poorly and out of position so much. They better tighten up, or Mahomes is going to light us up.
    Causality is reversed here. If the secondary hadn’t been out of position he wouldn’t have thrown those floaters. He can throw with plenty of zip when he has to, but if Larry Fitz is running free with no one within 20 yards of him of course he’s just gonna lob it up there.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Causality is reversed here. If the secondary hadn’t been out of position he wouldn’t have thrown those floaters. He can throw with plenty of zip when he has to, but if Larry Fitz is running free with no one within 20 yards of him of course he’s just gonna lob it up there.
    After reviewing the video in more detail, I agree with you. His floated passes mostly when he needed to.
    Last edited by ravens82; 09-16-2019 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Rewatched video

Blog Entries

I question the sustainability of the AZ offense given they don't seem to have any desire to run the ball, but he looked good and the offense looks pretty good at the moment. Gotta score TDs though, and that's tough to do inside the 20 if you can't/don't run, we saw that yesterday.

I wasn't that interested in football at the time but isn't this pretty similar to what Steve Spurrier tried to do with the Redskins many years ago, which resulted in his QBs getting killed?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I question the sustainability of the AZ offense given they don't seem to have any desire to run the ball, but he looked good and the offense looks pretty good at the moment. Gotta score TDs though, and that's tough to do inside the 20 if you can't/don't run, we saw that yesterday.
    Probably would’ve scored two TDs on those three trips inside the five if Kingsbury had the guys to go for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

I wasn't that interested in football at the time but isn't this pretty similar to what Steve Spurrier tried to do with the Redskins many years ago, which resulted in his QBs getting killed?
    Im not saying that Kingsbury wants to run the ball, because he doesn’t.....but even IF he wanted to their OL can’t do it. They would need a really good run game scheme like the one G-Ro has built to overcome their OL lack of push. Given that their OL can’t run block he has the licence to pass all the time.....which is what he wants to do anyway.

I agree that their RZ playcalling needs to improve.

Steve didn’t protect the QB and his routes were deep downfield. Kliff mixes it up with quick game and quick throws and Kyler does a good job of avoiding hits even on sacks...he’s mastered the Peyton/Manning pre-sack flop.

The defense was out of position a lot and I thought there were plays that might have been made by Jimmy Smith or Tavon Young, that Carr/Averett/others couldn't.

In this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPxMWvyoWdE

Passes where the D was caught badly out of position:

At time 1:05, Kirk makes the catch with multiple defenders trailing
    At time 4:53, Fitz catches the floater with two defenders trailing
    At time 6:01, Fitz running WIDE open

Passes I think could have been better defended:

At time 2:50, Keesean Johnson beats Brandon Carr
    At time 3:39, Damiere Byrd beats Cyrus Jones
    At time 4:28, Christian Kirk beats Anthony Averett (other Ravens in vicinity)

But yeah, Murray was very good, especially for a rookie, and Larry Fitzgerald is still playing at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Probably would’ve scored two TDs on those three trips inside the five if Kingsbury had the guys to go for it.
    You would be correct. If Kingsbury was more aggressive yesterday the Cardinals might have snuck out with a win yesterday.

@fbgchase
    Kliff Kingsbury and the Cardinals are now the first team since the NFL moved the goal posts in 1974 to attempt 3 field goal attempts in a game, while trailing, from inside the 5-yard line.

You would be correct. If Kingsbury was more aggressive yesterday the Cardinals might have snuck out with a win yesterday.

@fbgchase
    Kliff Kingsbury and the Cardinals are now the first team since the NFL moved the goal posts in 1974 to attempt 3 field goal attempts in a game, while trailing, from inside the 5-yard line.
    The Ravens were in scoring position at the end of the game. Even if the Cards has scored 2 TDs instead of FGs (8 additional points, assuming PATs), I think the Ravens would have squeaked it out with an easy Tucker FG at the end. Still, it is surprising that Kingsbury played so conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    The Ravens were in scoring position at the end of the game. Even if the Cards has scored 2 TDs instead of FGs (8 additional points, assuming PATs), I think the Ravens would have squeaked it out with an easy Tucker FG at the end. Still, it is surprising that Kingsbury played so conservative.
    Doesn't work that way. Cardinals score touchdowns and the Ravens game plan is different. It could very well be that the Ravens get more aggressive and win by 10-14 points. I think the only way the Ravens would have lost yesterday is if they lost the turnover battle.

Doesn't work that way. Cardinals score touchdowns and the Ravens game plan is different. It could very well be that the Ravens get more aggressive and win by 10-14 points. I think the only way the Ravens would have lost yesterday is if they lost the turnover battle.
    I thought the Ravens were aggressive all day. They went for it on 4th down and Lamar targeted 10+ yards a lot. I don't think their game plan would have changed much, frankly. Even on the last drive, they were not just playing milk the clock and field position. That 3rd and 11 throw from Jackson to Brown that sealed it kind of showed that.