Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Lamar Jackson first player in nfl history to throw for at least 250 yards and run for at least 120 yards in a game

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Coming out of college Lamar was very accurate, which is why a lot of us were pissed about the way the Ravens were using him last year. Sitting in the pocket, Lamar is a good a QB as there is in the league.
    A few of us including myself mentioned how well of a deep ball thrower he was in college. They’re letting him sling it deep and we are seeing the results. Of course it helps to have Hollywood but we saw him make some nice deep throws to brown and Andrews last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Re: Lamar Jackson first player in nfl history to throw for at least 250 yards and run for at least 120 yards in a game

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    A few of us including myself mentioned how well of a deep ball thrower he was in college. They’re letting him sling it deep and we are seeing the results. Of course it helps to have Hollywood but we saw him make some nice deep throws to brown and Andrews last season.
    Andrews yes, but his longest Air Yard completion to Brown went 15 yards (+10 YAC for 25 yard total gain). He threw 3 passes over 30 Air Yards to Brown: 2 against the Falcons (which were not close), and 1 against the Chargers (which I don't remember). I only have regular season data, but I looked at Brown's line from the postseason game, and he didn't catch any deep passes there either.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Re: Lamar Jackson first player in nfl history to throw for at least 250 yards and run for at least 120 yards in a game

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Andrews yes, but his longest Air Yard completion to Brown went 15 yards (+10 YAC for 25 yard total gain). He threw 3 passes over 30 Air Yards to Brown: 2 against the Falcons (which were not close), and 1 against the Chargers (which I don't remember). I only have regular season data, but I looked at Brown's line from the postseason game, and he didn't catch any deep passes there either.
    There was one to brown in the falcons game which was called back due to a penalty.

4. Re: Lamar Jackson first player in nfl history to throw for at least 250 yards and run for at least 120 yards in a game

There was one to brown in the falcons game which was called back due to a penalty.
    Didn't see it in the Falcons. Might have been the Raiders (Q4, 9:19). Think I remember that one. PA, beautiful pass dropped into the bucket on the right sideline. Sounds like some other throws he's made
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Despite all that -

2 games - NO ints. No Fumbles
    Kind of misleading - he's had a few (in each game) balls that should have been picked. It's a matter of time.

I'm not slamming him, he's been great, I have him in fantasy, I love what he's doing, but everyone throws picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Kind of misleading - he's had a few (in each game) balls that should have been picked. It's a matter of time.

I'm not slamming him, he's been great, I have him in fantasy, I love what he's doing, but everyone throws picks.
    Virtually every QB has several that should have been Int's but weren't. Considering that last year he was a ball security nightmare, the improvement is encouraging.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Virtually every QB has several that should have been Int's but weren't. Considering that last year he was a ball security nightmare, the improvement is encouraging.
    Agreed. Overall improvement, excellent, but to say zero picks, I just think it is really early.

The general consensus from most level-headed people is that Lamar Jackson is a pocket QB who happens to be one of the fastest players in the NFL.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Where’s Old Dog?

I haven’t seen him on here in a while.
    Probably on Breitbart fuming about Lamar being a “line cutter.”

Our QB is something else and I’m so glad we gave him a shot.

You have to love the moving goalposts. Fortune is a part of the NFL. There are only 16 games. Is New England a dynasty if say...they swap divisions with the Bengals?

Does Joe Flacco win the super bowl without a highly questionable spot after a checkdown on 4th and 29?

“If” is certainly a part of the NFL like no other sport given the injury risk and the limited number of games but it also doesn’t matter. There is no stat and/or record of “should have been.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Didn't see it in the Falcons. Might have been the Raiders (Q4, 9:19). Think I remember that one. PA, beautiful pass dropped into the bucket on the right sideline. Sounds like some other throws he's made
    Yep it was the raiders

Blog Entries

Like I said earlier those 300 pass + 100 rush games are coming

Can’t wait