Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Andrews

Re: Mark Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Then you throw in Ricard, and wow, we've got some guys that can move and block!
    Another guy who Edgar Allen calls out in one of his recent vids, is Seth Roberts. Roberts is blocking his ass off.

2. Re: Mark Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Another guy who Edgar Allen calls out in one of his recent vids, is Seth Roberts. Roberts is blocking his ass off.
    [insert sulky comment about Roberts being a spectator on Lamar's 19 yard scramble on 3rd and 20]
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

You gotta be a blocker with Lamar.

What are we hearing about his foot?

And we didn't even have to draft him in the first round!?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I rememebr people saying he can't block and was a big slot WR.

But based on his tape, that was mostly true.
    I’ll own up to what I said about him. I felt that his blocking needed a lot of work. He was willing, but sloppy. I also felt that he had to be used a certain way. He’s a vertical guy. I wanted a more versatile receiving TE. Even now, when you look at the routes he’s asked to run, they are largely vertical routes with one quick cut or really short routes where he can shield with his body to make up for his inability to sell the route. He’s being used to his strengths here and having Boyle and Hurst puts less onus on Andrews to have to block or stay inline.

But I never thought his career would start off this well.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Lol you say this as if Ridley was meant to replace him because he's 30.

He's meant to compliment him, not replace.
    Yes but the asset allocation was still completely different than using back to back firsts on the same position. Those picks were ~eight years apart

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Yes but the asset allocation was still completely different than using back to back firsts on the same position. Those picks were ~eight years apart
    So are you implying that using a first round pick on a wide receiver again is far fetched? Our second best receiver is who willie snead?

So are you implying that using a first round pick on a wide receiver again is far fetched? Our second best receiver is who willie snead?
    Yes, despite this being perhaps the best WR draft class in recent memory. That would be a misuse of assets. The first round pick should be BPA, with a lean towards IOL and pass rusher. perhaps even a run stuffing DT if we move on from both Pierce and BWil.

If WR is a smack you in the face BPA, then maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve given up on Boykin already eh?

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    We’ve given up on Boykin already eh?
    Boykin strikes me as a receiver that's good at one or two things. I don't see him dominating

I saw that play. He was lined up outside and came flying in like a speeding bullet to lay a block on an outside run. Made me smile. Roberts can really play and hopefully he gets some targets his way. He deserves it.