Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Andrews

Re: Mark Andrews

It comes down to whether you view Stanley as good or just average I suppose. PFF doesn't list him in their top ten.

I mean I do also think the difference in importance between LTs and RTs is shrinking every year. Nobody’s taking 7 step drops from under center anymore. The more shotgun/pistols snaps there are, the less there is a blindside that needs extra protection.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I mean I do also think the difference in importance between LTs and RTs is shrinking every year. Nobody’s taking 7 step drops from under center anymore. The more shotgun/pistols snaps there are, the less there is a blindside that needs extra protection.
    Lane Johnson’s contract agrees with you for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, 'middle of the pack' left tackles make about $11-$12MM a year. That's what Johnson makes but he's a top five RT. 'Middling' RTs make nearly half of what their LT counterpart makes.

I would expect the Ravens pay Stanley, because the top five LT's don't make all that much more than an average one does. Either they use a top draft pick on one, or move Orlando and draft a cheap RT--or Stanley gets paid.

I'm not a hater, but I see him a lot like Michael Oher.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Well, 'middle of the pack' left tackles make about $11-$12MM a year. That's what Johnson makes but he's a top five RT. 'Middling' RTs make nearly half of what their LT counterpart makes.

I would expect the Ravens pay Stanley, because the top five LT's don't make all that much more than an average one does. Either they use a top draft pick on one, or move Orlando and draft a cheap RT--or Stanley gets paid.

I'm not a hater, but I see him a lot like Michael Oher.
    Johnson’s contract is a couple years old as well. It wasn’t top 6 OT money at the time, but it was close.

I see Stanley as a HUGE step up from Oher, but, IMO he was never a credible LT in this league. He was a decent RT and pretty awful LT.
    Stanley is average or above st least, I’d say more borderline top 10ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smoothSeph View Post
    I wonder how dominant Andrews would be if shed 15-20 lbs and was strictly used as a receiver. Not suggesting to do so but just curious
    Um, FTR Andrews is a Type I diabetic, & you probably don't want to mess with his metabolism by getting him to shed 15-20 lbs now that he seems to be in a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    It comes down to whether you view Stanley as good or just average I suppose. PFF doesn't list him in their top ten.
    That's because it's been two games and he was uncharacteristically bad in week 1. He should, by the end of the year, be somewhere in the 8-15 range.

Then again, our own Filmstudy does a better job than PFF in grading OL. That was proven when he got them to adjust Skura's grade week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Honestly it’s worth being said twice tbh. That was a travesty.
    Yes. I was thinking about Heap after reading MA broke set a TE record or something. I was thnking about how he didnt deserve the beatings he got. Fucking Boller....
    MA is beasting and feasting right now. We need hayden to start making some plays which I believe he will soon.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Um, FTR Andrews is a Type I diabetic, & you probably don't want to mess with his metabolism by getting him to shed 15-20 lbs now that he seems to be in a good place.
    Literally said not suggesting to do so

Blog Entries

You're the one that brought the possibility up; I just pointed out that there is good reason not to mess with his metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by DColeman View Post
    We need hayden to start making some plays which I believe he will soon.
    Didn't he catch a TD pass, this last game?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Didn't he catch a TD pass, this last game?
    He did. I do think he starts making some more plays as the "Other" pass catching tight end. He isn't as explosive as MAndrews, but he can be a chain mover. If defenses start focusing more on MAndrews, Hurst is going to get some favorable looks.