No Reason to abandon the run to prove Lamar can pass

The way to beat the Chiefs is running it down their throats. Set up the pass.

I can't even get into the refs and Harbs

Re: No Reason to abandon the run to prove Lamar can pass

They should have kept running. The chiefs were playing a dime package and rushing only 4 linemen. That makes the intermediate and deep passes nearly impossible. In the end it wouldn't have matter because Mahomes is the man! Well next week I wouldn't be surprised if Mayfield throws for 350+ yards against the defense. They need to forget about todays game and be ready for Cleveland.

One positive I got out of today is that for once the hurryup offense actually played like one.Lamar was high throwing all day and save for some defensive lapses,would've had a chance.

At what point did we abandoned the run? Wasn't that inevitable given the negative game script?? We have the ability to become a balance offense but today we had no choice but to throw that ball. This isn't the same ravens team we've seen in the past. A few years ago had we been down 23-7 at the half we would have come out throwing yet today we stuck to the run on the opening drive.

Yeah, and then quickly abandoned it right after that.... with over 10 minutes left to play....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Yeah, and then quickly abandoned it right after that.... with over 10 minutes left to play....
    Perhaps but I don't believe the ravens "intentionally" abandoned the run to prove that Lamar can pass. If they did abandoned it was dictated by the game flow and being down by multiple scores.

I hope people aren't saying they should establish the run to setup playaction. This offense doesn't have much going for it if defenses don't bite on run fakes.

I don't believe that Harbaugh or Roman are trying to prove Lamar can pass. If that was the case, Harbaugh and Marty would've given Lamar the Flacco playbook last year.

I know we have people here who say that Harbs would rather run the ball, but I haven't seen much of that in the post Super Bowl years. Marty and Trestman abhor running the ball. It goes onto the coach.

9. Re: No Reason to abandon the run to prove Lamar can pass

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    The way to beat the Chiefs is running it down their throats. Set up the pass.

I can't even get into the refs and Harbs
    Did they abandon the run? I don't think they were as unbalanced as we may have thought when watching, at least not until Q4. Not that they had 6 consecutive passes in the 2 minute drill at the end of Q2 as well.
    Quarter Dropbacks Runs
    H1
    H2
    Overall

Quote Originally Posted by blackbyrd View Post
    One positive I got out of today is that for once the hurryup offense actually played like one.Lamar was high throwing all day and save for some defensive lapses,would've had a chance.
    I disagree. The Ravens, trailing by 2-3 scores, took way too much time between plays (beginning at Q3, 02:07). They had 31 snaps from that point on. They took more than 25 seconds between snaps on 15 of them. Remember, they were down multiple scores! If they were able to cut that down to 25 seconds max between plays, they would have saved 113 seconds (kickoff with 3:54 instead of 2:01). If they get it to 20, that's 194 seconds!

Roman's been great, but his need to take the entire play clock is a problem, especially when trailing. All the different formations and personnel are great until you need to hurry up and score to catch up.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)