Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

9/11 - Where were you?

Every year I think of how surreal that moment was: I was late for class in college, and had to haul my behind off to get there, so I ran out the door at 7:30am CST. I didn't see the news, or knew at all what was going on. I ran into class at about 8:00am, and everyone is looking weird. Our professor cancelled the quiz we had scheduled and gave everyone that showed up a 10 out of 10. I had no idea what was going on and my lab partner was like, "You seriously have no idea? A plan slammed into the World Trade Center..." I was shocked, but we were saying that maybe it was an accident or something as we walked out into the hall. There was a TV there, and we joined a group of people watching it RIGHT as the second plane crashed on live TV. Everyone let out sharp little screams or mumbled, "Oh my god".
    Everyone quietly left the building and went wherever they were heading, but it was most likely back to their apartments. I had to walk through the "ped mall" or pedestrian area that was always heavily populated by college kids playing hackey-sack or what not... it was totally different. It was empty except for the people walking through it on their way home. Every single time a plane flew overhead, everyone stopped and looked up. It was totally silent.
    I got home and my roommate was glued to the TV. We proceeded to watch the news for 12 straight hours. I don't remember if we ate or not. That evening, we printed 2 American flags on our little crappy printer and hung one on the door, and one on the back window that faced the courtyard. Every single apartment window had one hanging up...

To the young people throwing milk at officers doing their duty. To the ANTIFA who attack people for celebrating the privilege of living in this country. To the people who scoff and yell, "America was NEVER Great!".... I'm sad for you all. Because had you been a part of what 98% of what we were all a part of... America was better than great. I still shake the hands of police and military. I still believe this is the best country ever. I support everyone's rights to just be happy so long as it doesn't make others miserable. I do pray that we never have to have another day like that to realize how small our problems are, and how United we can be.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Re: 9/11 - Where were you?

I was a freshman in college coming back from an early class. Flight 93 wasn’t too far from where I went to college and I had a couple of dorm mates whose parents worked in the WTC.

At the time, I didn’t really grasp the meaning or magnitude of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I was a freshman in college coming back from an early class. Flight 93 wasn’t too far from where I went to college and I had a couple of dorm mates whose parents worked in the WTC.

At the time, I didn’t really grasp the meaning or magnitude of it.
    I was in college, and I was dating a girl at the time who was really good friends w/one of the guys killed by OBL on the USS Cole the year prior. She was rightfully FURIOUS about 9/11, and I had to do a lot of consoling on that day. What's interesting is that her anger kinda made me open my eyes to how tenuous life is...which would prepare me for later in life. 9/11 was just a very sad, angry, and eye-opening day for me.

I remember hearing buddies talking about dropping out of school and enlisting. It seemed everyone wanted to do something to defend America. At some point during the day, the shock/awe of it all turned into a love for this country. Once Bush gave his now famous speech, it was the first time in my life that I remember thinking about the US like a think about my family. Love. Pure love.

I remember going to dinner that night w/my girlfriend and that's when GWB gave his speech. She wanted us to pull over and listen. We pulled into a church parking lot off of HighPoint rd in NC and little did we know...there were about 10 other people listening to the speech at a tailgate w/the radio blasting. We rolled down our windows and listened, and my girlfriend just broke down.

Ditka is right. To the assholes who simply want to protest America because of her prior sins which have NOTHING to do w/their lot in life...they're too ignorant to realize how lucky they've got it.

This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.

i saw on utube it was inside job. makes some sense.
    why was saudi allowed to fly back to their country?
    why no president take on saudi who sponsored this if it wasnt inside job?

btw i was on 695 driving to class, traffic was nuts

Blog Entries

I was no where special. Just remember watching it and not really understanding the magnitude of what I was seeing until later in the day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Man, that was tough to watch.

Makes me think about some of the kids I saw after attending their parents funerals.

I was home sick from work so I watched everything real time.

I was leaving Bally's in Rockville after swimming laps. I think it may have been on TV there already but when I got to my car and switched on Radio to WTOP it was between first and second strike. I drove to work and ran over to the Barking Dog a block or two away. I knew the bartender and he was opening up so he let me come in and watch their TV's. I stood there glued, just me and him and watched it unfold. My wife had to walk out of DC because the subway was shut down. We met at my work in Bethesda and drove home early. Got the kids out of daycare. It was surreal. Sickening.

I just visited here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...ber_11_attacks

Looking at the flight paths just made me sick to my stomach all over again. This was a wildly successful attack 4 planes. three of them hit their targets perfectly. Were it not for the heroic actions of the passengers of UA93 they would have destroyed the White House. I think hitting that symbol would have been devastating. Thank god for those people on UA93. I hope they beat the living shit out of the guy outside the cockpit. I hope he was in pain and bleeding when that plane went down.

This was NOT an inside job.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Whatever you think of George Bush, he did this in front of the world after those attacks and he did it perfectly.

Last edited by Moe the Crow; 09-11-2019 at 01:49 PM.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Blog Entries

I was in sophomore year of high school, history class, Mr. Lagana. Some kid said we were going to war, my dad came and picked me up not long after. One of those things as a kid that you don't forget. Didn't actually know exactly what was going on until I got home and saw for myself.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52