Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 9/11 - Where were you?

No halftime show will ever top this. Never!

When Bono opens his jacket at the end...goosebumps. I still get emotional watching this today.

The little town of Athens, Ontario. I was in grade 4, in Mr. Hudson's class which was notorious for being the only teacher with a portable classroom.

That portable was also the only classroom that had its own TV that you didn't have to rent out. So I remember all the teachers filing in to watch the news coverage on TV.

At that age I definitely didn't know what was going on or what it really meant.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Foreman on a job in Owings Mills. Not far from The Castle. It was a Jewish community center/private school. We had just sent an apprentice out to get coffee break when he came back he said “ hey did you guys hear some nut crashed into the World Trade Center in NYC”? So we all went into our trailer and turned on the radio and basically listened to the second crash live on air. Went back inside the school only to be “locked in the gym “ until every student was gone. So around 11am they let us out and we went home. I lived in Bel Air , Harford county at the time ....I remember being the ONLY car on I-95 either way all the way home. The overhead warning signs said “All roads closed north of exit whatever Philadelphia “. Scariest ride home I’ve ever had. No cell phone service. Radio was all 9-11 news. I get home to the wife and kids and watch everything on tv. So surreal. A bunch of us from my local volunteered to go up and help but we were asked not to. They had sooo many people there.

After the fact I did get the honor of being on the Pentagon rebuild crew. Def one of my proudest jobs I’ve ever been on and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I was working for CIGNA in Connecticut, and was attending an off-site training conference at a local hotel and conference center. It was my first job out of grad school.

During the training conference, one of my colleagues leaned over and told me that he got a message saying that a plane had hit the world trade center in NYC. I thought it must have been a bad pilot flying a small plane. A little while later he said that he got another message that another plane had hit the other tower. At that point everyone in the class went out to the bar/restaurant area outside of the conference room that had the news on every tv in the bar. That is when I saw tons of smoke coming out of both towers.

When a plane hit the Pentagon is when I started panicking, because my wife and my dad were in DC that day getting visas for my wife and I to go on our Europe trip. All planes were grounded and phone lines were busy, so I couldn’t find out if they were ok. I had to rent a car and drive through Pennsylvania to get back to Maryland, because going through NYC was not an option. I still remember it like it was yesterday. Horrible day.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The little town of Athens, Ontario. I was in grade 4, in Mr. Hudson's class which was notorious for being the only teacher with a portable classroom.

That portable was also the only classroom that had its own TV that you didn't have to rent out. So I remember all the teachers filing in to watch the news coverage on TV.

At that age I definitely didn't know what was going on or what it really meant.
    Good lord, I’m that much older than you? Lol.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I was working for DOD. i heard a plane crashed into the WTC. Like many, i just figured it was a small plane with a bad pilot who flew too low. Once the 2nd one hit, it was obvious the US was under attack. I went to the break room and many were huddled around a TV watching. A group from our Agency was scheduled to go to the Pentagon early that day but fortunately for them, it was cancelled. Our Agency let out early that day but I was "deemed" essential and had to stay. Once I did get home, i watched the TV coverage all night. I got a few calls from friends and family that night to see if I was OK since they heard the Pentagon was hit and knew I worked for DOD near DC. That was an eerie and sureal night for sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

That's what I was thinking, sounds like many were still in school.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    We’re old Carroll. Lol.

Was a junior in high school in Baltimore County... was late for assembly and was confused at why everyone had shocked looks on their faces. When I found out, my mind instantly panicked to my uncle who lived in lower Manhattan. He was fine, but apparently saw one of the planes hit. :-/ Moved back to bmore not long after that.

In... happier? News, I remember where I was 10 years later...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    We’re old Carroll. Lol.

No shit, but at least the only time I have to get up early in the morning anymore is when 'm going fishing, which I am tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Bush was reading to him that day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I mean, I was in college when it happened, but fucking Cole was in 4th grade?! Wow.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.