1. The Proper Perspective on Sword Threads

I can see where they have their place. So long as we bear in mind that there is much they do not take into consideration. Not all arguments are the same. Not every counter argument is of the same level of difficulty. Not every point is equal in importance. Not every thread is meant to be a finishing blow. Some posts are only designed to delay, to wait for more evidence. Or to lay the ground work, to set up a bigger post later. Not every post has the same level of responsibility. The plan behind the posts is largely unknown to us, in how they impact each post. We see the posts themselves, but we lack vision of the overall goal.
    We don't always know if a post is supposed to be the main pillar of an argument, or if the post should only be used in a certain spot, in a certain situation.

Let’s learn, but keep perspective.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Re: The Proper Perspective on Sword Threads

I think I may have pissed my pants laughing at this bro! Well done Sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

At first, I said to myself, ‘The thread I created yielded zero responses, but this one already has two’. Then, I read it and had to admit that this was pretty well done.

Actually, I’d get a lot less stick around here if posters followed the rules you laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    I can see where they have their place. So long as we bear in mind that there is much they do not take into consideration. Not all arguments are the same. Not every counter argument is of the same level of difficulty. Not every point is equal in importance. Not every thread is meant to be a finishing blow. Some posts are only designed to delay, to wait for more evidence. Or to lay the ground work, to set up a bigger post later. Not every post has the same level of responsibility. The plan behind the posts is largely unknown to us, in how they impact each post. We see the posts themselves, but we lack vision of the overall goal.
    We don't always know if a post is supposed to be the main pillar of an argument, or if the post should only be used in a certain spot, in a certain situation.

Let’s learn, but keep perspective.
    You say "method;" I say "madness."
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

6. Re: The Proper Perspective on Sword Threads

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    At first, I said to myself, ‘The thread I created yielded zero responses, but this one already has two’. Then, I read it and had to admit that this was pretty well done.

Actually, I’d get a lot less stick around here if posters followed the rules you laid out.
    Thanks Ex! To be fair, this thread is pretty much a direct response to yours, so you got at least one!
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Thanks Ex! To be fair, this thread is pretty much a direct response to yours, so you got at least one!
    I'm always up for good humor. You can't have a laugh at someone else's expense if you can't handle people having a laugh at yours.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore