Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

They didnít treat Lamar like a glorified RB

And that needs to continue. The gameplan was very run heavy and, with the way the game unfolded, that was honestly understandable. However, it wasnít Jackson piling up the carries.

They finally treated him like a legitimate QB and not some glorified RB who averages more carries per game from designed runs than most RBs.

The real test of patience will be if and when the offense hits a rough patch. Will they learn from past mistakes and allow Jackson to work through those rough patches, or will they go ultra conservative, lean more heavily on the defense and hinder his growth. Thereís nothing wrong with running the ball a little more to settle a QB down if heís panicked. However, as Mark Clayton said and others intimated, the offenseís true job was to not blow it for the defense. If they are truly going to get Lamar to his ceiling as a passer, they cannot afford to revert back to that whenever a rough patch comes.

Many Quarterbacks have said that the QB position is most unique in how much more you learn from making mistakes, than other positions, and that if you arenít allowed to essentially take your lumps, you never fully learn and donít truly grow.

Lamar Jackson is a Quarterback who throws better from the pocket than out of the pocket. He is a Quarterback who moved around, firstly, to buy more time in the pocket and remain there. A guy like that does not want to truly be out there running fifteen times a game. Heís been given a hoard of designed runs, due to his athleticism. However, his style is that of a pocket passer. He just has far more athleticism than they traditional pocket passer.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: They didnít treat Lamar like a glorified RB

Took you three days to unveil this analysis?

Yawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ďItís not whether you get knocked down; itís whether you get up.Ē
    Ė Vince Lombardi

http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR

So if Lamar is getting owned then he should just take it in the ass and not use all of his ability to help this team?

Lamar and the O appear to have the ability to shred a D that either stacks the box or plays nickle and/or dime pass defenses.

The question is can the line stand up and prosper when a D plays straight up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    So if Lamar is getting owned then he should just take it in the ass and not use all of his ability to help this team?
    He should be allowed to use it when he sees fit. Not have the coaching staff take the ball out of his hands, when it comes to that decision itself, and start giving him a bunch of designed runs. I think the man can tell when he needs to scramble for yards. He doesnít need that dictated to him with designed runs.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 09-11-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Lamar Jackson is a Quarterback who throws better from the pocket than out of the pocket.
    Asserted without evidence. In fact, highly questionable. We've seen him make great throws out-of-the-pocket.

We also need some data on whether most QBs throw "better" from the pocket than rolling. If so, then is Lamar's delta better or worse than most QBs.?

I'm pretty sure Lamar throws better from a moving- or rolling-pocket than many other NFL starters do.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Took you three days to unveil this analysis?
    It took him three days to take his
    "THEY'RE GOING TO RUN LAMAR INTO THE GROUND!"

from the offseason, and find some way to recast it as
    "SEE! I WAS RIGHT!"

The messaging needs to be on point.

I'm ok with Lamar not running, provided that the Ravens don't lose a game.

If the Ravens lose a game, and Lamar didn't run enough, it's clear to me the reason why they didn't win is because Lamar didn't run enough.

We know what the results are when Lamar averages 17 runs a game over 7 games, and that's a 6-1 record.

We saw that the Ravens have a lot more to put out there that can mean wins than Lamar running. Running QBs running often means 6-1, but there are other ways to get wins. As long as they keep on the 6-1 or better pace. Lamar running a lot = 6-1. Lamar running a lot + extra = 6-1 + extra.

Ex you are creating a false hypothetical once again. The offense will absolutely lean on Lamar to run the ball more in some games. But the reason will be completed different then the reason you put forth in your OP......again.

Oh my GOOOOOOOOD
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Ex is like that friend who needs to remind everyone that they’re right, about that thing you never actually talked about, and even then it’s still not directionally accurate...

I seriously don’t know how you can walk away with that conclusion from Sunday’s game.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    Ex is like that friend who needs to remind everyone that they’re right, about that thing you never actually talked about, and even then it’s still not directionally accurate...

I seriously don’t know how you can walk away with that conclusion from Sunday’s game.
    The thing is he's demonstratively WRONG.

All offseason he championed that Harbaugh likes to run and they're not a forward thinking organization and they won't let him pass because the running is so alluring and it was all BULLSHIT and he still throws himself a parade.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."