Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Runs

Re: QB Runs

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Hard disagree
    Agree with your disagreement.
    This kid was born to run, 4-7 carries per game is where he should be. If we aren’t going to use his running ability we drafted the wrong guy. The threat of his running will open things up passing.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Agree with your disagreement.
    This kid was born to run, 4-7 carries per game is where he should be. If we aren’t going to use his running ability we drafted the wrong guy. The threat of his running will open things up passing.
    Exactly. There's a middle ground between 0 and 25 carries a game. If running is the smartest decision, if that's what the defense gives us, I want Jackson to take it.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Rough pass for game 2, while watching live. The times are wrong, they're closer to the end of the play than the beginning of the play.

Q1 10:00 Lamar zone read left no hit OOB
    Q1 5:15 option keeper up middle hit-yes
    Q1 0:45 fake handoff run left (option??) hit-no
    Q2 8:20 roll right, looked to throw, ran right hit-no
    Q2 7:40 scramble up middle hit-barely
    Q2 7:00 fake handoff run left hit-yes
    Q2 5:15 run up middle-left option no hit yes
    Q3 14:30 Scramble up middle hit-yes
    Q3 5:56 Scramble right, will be ruled a sack, hit-yes, Pen-horse collar
    Q3 4:05 Run left option yes hit no
    Q3 0:30 QB draw up middle hit-yes
    Q4 10:40 scramble left hit no
    Q4 7:20 Run wide left scramble yes hit no
    Q4 3:10 scramble behind LOS, will be called a sack
    Q4 1:13 kneel
    Q4 0:30 kneel

I've got sacks and at least one penalty mixed up in here. Will clean this up later in the week.

Blog Entries

hate to say it but he saved their ass running today and keeping a couple of those drives alive

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    hate to say it but he saved their ass running today and keeping a couple of those drives alive
    Yeah. When everything else was bottled up, he moved the chains and shook some things loose.

ran out of bounds = good day

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I liked Lamar Jackson only having four carries. That needs to continue and it does not need to increase of the passing offense hits a rough patch.
    I liked it for that game but like today's, his running was the difference maker and he made those runs look way too easy. He had 120 and he wasn't taking big hits

His arm has changed the complete dynamic of Everything. It is such a big leap that even the believers and those who doubted such a change could happen even with string theory multiplying the chances by incalculable alternative realities EVER saw this coming

http://twitter.com/StatsCentre/statu...39798465110016

Crazy stat

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. Re: QB Runs

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    ran out of bounds = good day
    He can run all day AFAIC if he's constantly running untouched to the sideline.

I’m glad the coaches didn’t remove the QB run from the playbook lien some around here wanted them to. Likely was the difference between an L and a W this week.
    The run game was so so, the defense was so so... so Lamar ur the team on his back like an early MVP favorite...

i dont see how anyone could be unhappy i mean its what everyone wanted. hes now a passer with absurd scramble/run ability which i thought was the goal. Murray looked good, but he didnt look like he'll ever be as dangerous as Lamar Jackson, no one does really. All the new guys are Russ clones better or worse, mahomes being at the apex, none of those guys are half the athelete Lamar is. LJs ceiling is something beyond Dak, Watson, Murray etc

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    He can run all day AFAIC if he's constantly running untouched to the sideline.
    I agree. With his legs being the dynamic weapon that they are, I really don't want to see them get away from using it just because his passing is coming along the way we all hope. While he's still young, he needs to be around 4-6 designed runs, and 4-6 scrambles. I'd like him to get 8-12 carries a game. With that kind of usage, and his passing ability, he makes this offense impossible to defend. That run in the 4th quarter where he immediately recognized the defenders were all in man coverage with their backs to him, and he scampered for a 10-12 yard run to pick up the first before getting out is something he can bring to the table that only a handful of guys have ever been able to. I don't want to see them not taking advantage of that.

Plus, it's fun as hell to watch! I grew up during Vick's heyday in Atlanta, and I'll never forget that playoff W he got in Lambeau, or the OT run to beat the Vikings where he went for like 60 yards, made like 5 guys miss, and 2 defenders hit eachother. If Lamar can bring that ability to the table, and also be a real QB that Vick never developed into until he was old & under Reid, we will have the joy of watching something special for a long time here in Baltimore.