Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TV suggestions

Re: TV suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    As long as you stay at 65" or less, the price isn't too much more than an LED with a better picture, especially from the side angle. Anything larger and the price is rediculous. I went to Walmart earlier this week to buy the LG 65 inch I saw advertised and was told they don't have any more and won't get any more. why would they have that TV on display with very low price if they can't provide it? They pissed me off.
    The c8 has been going on sale a lot due to being the prior generation. Think it was 1k off straight from LG as well, but not sure if that sale is still going.

The only negative I've read about the oled tvs is that they can be tough to see in bright rooms.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    The c8 has been going on sale a lot due to being the prior generation. Think it was 1k off straight from LG as well, but not sure if that sale is still going.

The only negative I've read about the oled tvs is that they can be tough to see in bright rooms.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Yep, read that also. Mine would be going in the basement, so brightness not a concern. Also OLED's have a tendancy for a screen burn in image if watching the same channel all day and night.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/oled-scree...-need-to-know/

As long as you stay at 65" or less, the price isn't too much more than an LED with a better picture, especially from the side angle. Anything larger and the price is rediculous. I went to Walmart earlier this week to buy the LG 65 inch I saw advertised and was told they don't have any more and won't get any more. why would they have that TV on display with very low price if they can't provide it? They pissed me off.
    Throw yourself on ground and kick and scream until they sell you the display at a huge discount!! Lol. Hate Wally World. But it’s getting to be the only place to shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, read that also. Mine would be going in the basement, so brightness not a concern. Also OLED's have a tendancy for a screen burn in image if watching the same channel all day and night.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/oled-scree...-need-to-know/
    Not to jump off topic ....but how was fishing today you lucky dog?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Not to jump off topic ....but how was fishing today you lucky dog?

Lax - Beautiful day on the water, but the fishing, not so good. All undersized rockfish. There are spanish mackerel around Annapolis right now, but I don't have the proper gear to troll for them. I need to target them one of these days. I've never caught one before. Pretty fish though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Throw yourself on ground and kick and scream until they sell you the display at a huge discount!! Lol. Hate Wally World. But it’s getting to be the only place to shop.

Funny, I thought about going to the store manager and complaining, since they've been cowtailing to the masses lately, but not sure I'd want that display TV. It's been showing the same display loop for well over a year now. Don't even know if they turn it off at night. LOL
    PS, I go to the Walmart in Georgetown DE quite often. Your neck of the woods.

Blog Entries

Lax - Beautiful day on the water, but the fishing, not so good. All undersized rockfish. There are spanish mackerel around Annapolis right now, but I don't have the proper gear to troll for them. I need to target them one of these days. I've never caught one before. Pretty fish though.
    Spanish mackerel are kinda fun to catch. Dad and I did a head boat one time for them. I personally don’t like the taste. Kinda oily.

My buddy at work went yesterday and caught 8 nice size snakeheads in Middle River. Big Rocks should be running good soon. Water may be a bit warm still?

Funny, I thought about going to the store manager and complaining, since they've been cowtailing to the masses lately, but not sure I'd want that display TV. It's been showing the same display loop for well over a year now. Don't even know if they turn it off at night. LOL
    PS, I go to the Walmart in Georgetown DE quite often. Your neck of the woods.
    Yep. The wife and I call that Spanish Wal Mart! Lol. Seems to be all the “migrant “ workers there.