Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC North

Re: AFC North

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Yeah I'm with you but the Steelers probably felt the same way last season and look how it ended. Lets go week by week, our offense is still a work in progress choke full of rookies and two year players and our defense has blown hot and cold.
    Well, that was our worst meltdown during a regular season I can remember. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong the last half of the season. The results, the drama,... We suddenly looked like the Browns.

2. Re: AFC North

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTowel View Post
    Well, that was our worst meltdown during a regular season I can remember. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong the last half of the season. The results, the drama,... We suddenly looked like the Browns.
    looking at the 3 teams schedules, I actually think the Steelers come here for the last game of the season @ 8-7 with a playoff or division on the line. The Browns likewise could be 7-8 or 8-7 going into the last week and the Ravens 9-6 or 8-7. This is all contingent on the injuries, etc. but the Ravens by far have the toughest 2nd half schedule of the division teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    looking at the 3 teams schedules, I actually think the Steelers come here for the last game of the season @ 8-7 with a playoff or division on the line. The Browns likewise could be 7-8 or 8-7 going into the last week and the Ravens 9-6 or 8-7. This is all contingent on the injuries, etc. but the Ravens by far have the toughest 2nd half schedule of the division teams.
    Looking at our schedule I expect something like this:

Dolphins W
    Colts L
    Rams L
    @ Browns L
    @ Bengals W
    Browns W
    @ Cardinals L (we always lose road games in the West)
    Bills W
    @ Jets W

Meaning we will be 7-8, of course anything in the 5-10 until 8-7 range is possible. We are one of the teams with the least talent on offense, but have a stellar defense since we got Bush and Fitzpatrick. We can't afford to drop much behind in games, because we don't have the offense to come back, especially with our OC.

Blog Entries

Dolphins W
    Colts L
    Rams L
    @ Browns L
    @ Bengals W
    Browns W
    Bills W
    @ Jets W

Meaning we will be 7-8, of course anything in the 5-10 until 8-7 range is possible. We are one of the teams with the least talent on offense, but have a stellar defense since we got Bush and Fitzpatrick. We can't afford to drop much behind in games, because we don't have the offense to come back, especially with our OC.
    Who is going to replace Tuitt on defense? That's a huge loss. I don't see another guy on that roster who can get pressure from the D-line. You're going to have to blitz a lot more which is going to put pressure on the secondary. I love what Bush and Fitzpatrick have added to your defense but there's no depth. Losses like Tuitt can really screw things up. Tyson Alualu is not going to do much to help

Looking at our schedule, I see that we're 5-2 and just have to prepare for the next game each week. Don't count on the 6th win or the 3rd loss until the clock reads 0:00. Take care of what we need to and don't worry about what everyone else may or not do.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Who is going to replace Tuitt on defense? That's a huge loss. I don't see another guy on that roster who can get pressure from the D-line. You're going to have to blitz a lot more which is going to put pressure on the secondary. I love what Bush and Fitzpatrick have added to your defense but there's no depth. Losses like Tuitt can really screw things up. Tyson Alualu is not going to do much to help
    Yep - the Bears lost Akiem Hicks and you saw how they looked vs the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Tuitt's loss is big, but the D-line is were we have the most depth. Hargrave is probably going to get more snaps now and he's very good. Alualu will be getting some snaps too, he's ok as a back-up and maybe even Buggs (a rookie) will see the field now. It's true that we seriously lack depth at some positions. Edge rush we only have Adeniyi and safety Kam Kelly until Sean Davis returns. As long as we have Watt, Heyward, Hargrave, Bush, Fitzpatrick and Nelson or Haden we will be fine. The drop off after them is huge. Since Cameron Sutton is playing outstanding we suddenly have serious depth at CB.

Tuitt's loss is big, but the D-line is were we have the most depth. Hargrave is probably going to get more snaps now and he's very good. Alualu will be getting some snaps too, he's ok as a back-up and maybe even Buggs (a rookie) will see the field now. It's true that we seriously lack depth at some positions. Edge rush we only have Adeniyi and safety Kam Kelly until Sean Davis returns. As long as we have Watt, Heyward, Hargrave, Bush, Fitzpatrick and Nelson or Haden we will be fine. The drop off after them is huge. Since Cameron Sutton is playing outstanding we suddenly have serious depth at CB.
    The Steelers defense will fine without Tuitt - it's one of the best.

Since you're called Terrible Towel you must be the right person to ask something I've always wondered: do you think those towels hurt Pittsburgh?
    You see other crowds on 3rd down shouting, clapping and generating noise but when you see a Pittsburgh crowd they seem to put more energy into waving those towels, which doesn't affect the offense, than they do into making it loud. A lot of the time their mouths are closed and they're waving for all they're worth, as if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth the Raven View Post
    The Steelers defense will fine without Tuitt - it's one of the best.

Since you're called Terrible Towel you must be the right person to ask something I've always wondered: do you think those towels hurt Pittsburgh?
    You see other crowds on 3rd down shouting, clapping and generating noise but when you see a Pittsburgh crowd they seem to put more energy into waving those towels, which doesn't affect the offense, than they do into making it loud. A lot of the time their mouths are closed and they're waving for all they're worth, as if that helps.
    That's a very good question. I have never thought about that to be honest. I think there's still a lot of noise on 3rd down, but it's difficult to compare it to other crowds for me because I've never seen a game in another stadium. For me it's still loud, maybe because I have no trouble shouting and waving at the same time

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Dolphins W
    Colts L
    Rams L
    @ Browns L
    @ Bengals W
    Browns W
    Bills W
    @ Jets W

I have stuck a fork into the Steelers enough times to know not to do it again until mathematically eliminated. Apparently the Steelers draft a lot of zombies who can put together runs despite being supposedly dead.

I will count the Browns out if they lose to the Pats. Until they show something as an organization I don't see them digging out of any serious hole, regardless of talent.

Blog Entries

They play the Pats on Sunday and Baker is still whining about officiating

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I saw this article and I think the Steelers fans more than the Browns are in that unenviable position of seeing their standard bearer, Ben, exiting and a future of domination at the hands of Lamar.

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2019...-a-decade.html

I remember being pissed when it was clear Roethlisberger was going to keep the Steelers competitive for the next decade while we were struggling.