Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC North

Re: AFC North

Ravens really have no excuse to not win the division now, even with the tough remaining schedule
    90% of the game is half mental

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Ravens really have no excuse to not win the division now, even with the tough remaining schedule
    Division is far from over. The schedule is tough. We have to bring our A game every week which we really haven't done since the Miami game.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Division is far from over. The schedule is tough. We have to bring our A game every week which we really haven't done since the Miami game.
    No I hear ya, but beating Seattle today gives me confidence that they can win some of these tough games down the stretch
    90% of the game is half mental

Now that the Ravens are 5-2, they have a bye week while Cleveland and Pittsburgh (both 2-4) play next week.

Cleveland is at Foxboro. Good luck.
    Steelers play at home vs the Dolphins. Polar opposite.

Bengals are now a non-factor except as a spoiler in division games.

With this win it would shock me if the Ravens wouldn't win the division. I know Steelers and Browns have an easier schedule but I don't see them overcome a two or three game gap behind the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTowel View Post
    With this win it would shock me if the Ravens wouldn't win the division. I know Steelers and Browns have an easier schedule but I don't see them overcome a two or three game gap behind the Ravens.
    Yeah I'm with you but the Steelers probably felt the same way last season and look how it ended. Lets go week by week, our offense is still a work in progress choke full of rookies and two year players and our defense has blown hot and cold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    No I hear ya (to pslholder96 ), but beating Seattle today gives me confidence that they can win some of these tough games down the stretch
    Yes, but don't relax because we did lose to the Browns here in our house. The Ravens have to be vigilant and not rest on any laurels. Pedal to the metal... Bc

I was going to start a playoffs thread but will post this here.

This is a conservative guess of how the rest of the season plays out.

PATRIOTS -> Loss
    AT BENGALS -> Win
    TEXANS -> Win
    AT RAMS - Loss
    49ERS -> Win
    AT BILLS - Loss
    JETS -> Win
    AT BROWNS - Loss
    STEELERS -> Win

Loss to the Patriots, go 2 of 3 against our division rivals, split the remaining NFC West teams
    And split the Bills, Jets.
    I have us winning the rest of our home games except the Pats.

That's 5-4 down the stretch and puts us at 10 and 6.

The Browns and Steelers would have to go 8 - 2 in their remaining games just to get to 10-6.

Browns play the Patriots this weekend and may well be 2 - 5 after next week. That would mean they have to win 8 of their last 9 games to get to 10-6.

I think we'll beat the Steelers at home but if we lose to the Browns twice we need to stay ahead of them.

If we can beat the Patriots at home after the bye the window for the Browns and Steelers starts to get really tiny assuming we can go just 4-4 afterwards.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 10-21-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I was going to start a playoffs thread but will post this here.

This is a conservative guess of how the rest of the season plays out.

PATRIOTS -> Loss
    AT BENGALS -> Win
    TEXANS -> Win
    AT RAMS - Loss
    49ERS -> Win
    AT BILLS - Loss
    JETS -> Win
    AT BROWNS - Loss
    STEELERS -> Win

Loss to the Patriots, go 2 of 3 against our division rivals, split the remaining NFC West teams
    And split the Bills, Jets.
    I have us winning the rest of our home games except the Pats.

That's 5-4 down the stretch and puts us at 10 and 6.

The Browns and Steelers would have to go 8 - 2 in their remaining games just to get to 10-6.

Browns play the Patriots this weekend and may well be 2 - 5 after next week. That would mean they have to win 8 of their last 9 games to get to 10-5.

I think we'll beat the Steelers at home but if we lose to the Browns twice we need to stay ahead of them.

If we can beat the Patriots at home after the bye the window for the Browns and Steelers starts to get really tiny assuming we can go just 4-4 afterwards.
    If the Browns lose to the Pats their season is over stick a fork in them

Blog Entries

The division race is far from over, but yesterday's win was beyond huge. I always say, division winners need to steal one game that they're not supposed to win. This was one of those games I had circled as that.

I still feel like the browns have too much talent to not put something together down the stretch with their lackluster schedule after buffalo. My hope is that they lose to NE, and at 2-5 with a lot of egos, things just snowball and get worse as time goes on.

I feel much better about our chances with the steelers because we already have the tie breaker over them, and if they put something together down the stretch and the division comes down to week 17, I like our chances more against them at home and the atmosphere that will be than week 16 in cleveland.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

11. Re: AFC North

If we dont run away with the division its a lick on us. The only game I see as a huge hurdle is the 49ers. Even New England....How good are they really?. Look who they have played. Wash, Jets, Giants, Phins, Cinci. Their only real test was the Bills and its not like they blew them out of the stadium. I think we can beat any team on our remaining schedule with the possible exception of the 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    The division race is far from over, but yesterday's win was beyond huge. I always say, division winners need to steal one game that they're not supposed to win. This was one of those games I had circled as that.

I still feel like the browns have too much talent to not put something together down the stretch with their lackluster schedule after buffalo. My hope is that they lose to NE, and at 2-5 with a lot of egos, things just snowball and get worse as time goes on.

I feel much better about our chances with the steelers because we already have the tie breaker over them, and if they put something together down the stretch and the division comes down to week 17, I like our chances more against them at home and the atmosphere that will be than week 16 in cleveland.
    If they start the season 2-5 they are done. This miracle run talk is just nonsense. They've already lost to the Titans.