Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC North

AFC North

AFC North Week 1

RAVENS: gobsmacked the Doh-phins with an overwhelming offensive display featuring its 2nd year QB Lamar Jackson and rookie WRs 'Hollywood' Brown and Miles Boykin. and their Tight Ends. and Mark Ingram II. all the skill players contributed. scary good.
    NEXT WEEK: Sunday at 1 host Arizona Cardinals, which showed a lot of spunk to come back in the 4th quarter to tie the Lions.

STEELERS: got embarrassed @ Foxboro on Sunday! Night! Football! 33-3. Rush Limbaugh: 'I've never seen a Steelers team so docile'. Here's hoping they stay that way
    NEXT WEEK: host Seattle Sunday at 1. hard for a west-coast team etc. if they (the Steelers) suck in this one Tomlin will be under the scope.

BROWNS: Preseason AFC North Champions by Acclamation lost to Tennessee 43-13. game was closer than score indicates but come ON, 13 points in your home opener???
    NEXT WEEK: @ J-E-T-S Monday! Night! Football! don't count the New Yorkites out. wonder how the atmosphere in the Brownies locker room will be if they start 0-2 against those opponents.

BENGALS: lost @ Seattle 21-20. Dalton was 35-51 418 yards but they lost three fumbles and only ran for 34 yards (on 14 attempts). missed a 45 yard FG. you can make a good case they coulda shoulda won this game.
    NEXT WEEK: host 49ers Sunday @ 1. another West Coast team playing East. could go either way.
    Last edited by sailorsam; 09-09-2019 at 08:48 PM.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: AFC North

What's funny is for all the obituaries written about Cincinnati, besides Baltimore they easily had the best game of any AFC North team.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

This opening week could not have turned out better for the Ravens. That said, there are still 15 more games to go (don't have to be a mathematical genius to figure that out). I'm glad we started out on such a positive note, but in any sport you have to wait until you see where your team (and the opposition) is headed. Injuries, funny bounces from the football, and other factors make the games a ? until January. I am optimistic about the team I root for, but cautiously so in September... Bc

I mean the Browns dropped one to the fucking TITANS! That's an average team at best!
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

5. Re: AFC North

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    AFC North Week 1 ...
    Mentioned this in another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Something nice happened the last time the Ravens were alone in first after week 1 (2012).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

6. Re: AFC North

STEELERS: got embarrassed @ Foxboro on Sunday! Night! Football! 33-3. Rush Limbaugh: 'I've never seen a Steelers team so docile'. Here's hoping they stay that way
    NEXT WEEK: host Seattle Sunday at 1. hard for a west-coast team etc. if they (the Steelers) suck in this one Tomlin will be under the scope.
    Seattle hasn't been too bad in the early east coast slot (9-6 since Carroll took over). I've got nothing to say about the Steelers. Turned the game off in Q2 to re-watch the Ravens.

BROWNS: Preseason AFC North Champions by Acclimation lost to Tennessee 43-13. game was closer than score indicates but come ON, 13 points in your home opener???
    NEXT WEEK: @ J-E-T-S Monday! Night! Football! don't count the New Yorkites out. wonder how the atmosphere in the Brownies locker room will be if they start 0-2 against those opponents.
    Score a TD to cut the lead to 15-13 with 2:10 left in Q3. Immediately give up a long TD (unsuccessfully challenge for OPI), throw 2 picks on your next 5 passes, which the opponent also turns into TDs, and suddenly, barely 8 game minutes later, the game is over. Wooooof.

BENGALS: lost @ Seattle 21-20. Dalton was 35-51 418 yards but they lost three fumbles and only ran for 34 yards (on 14 attempts). missed a 45 yard FG. you can make a good case they coulda shoulda won this game.
    NEXT WEEK: host 49ers Sunday @ 1. another West Coast team playing East. could go either way.
    John Ross though. I liked it better when he was a bust. San Francisco has been a bad team regardless, but they also haven't won in the early east coast slot since 2014. Guess it's a good thing we get to play them at home too!
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

7. Re: AFC North

Cincy should have won that game. Bullock missed a 45 yard FG in the 2nd half. They also heavily outgained the Seahawks and were constantly in the backfield pressuring Wilson.

That said, I’m not sure how good the Seahawks secondary is?

Chaos, anyone but the NEPs would have made great entertainment. don't blame you for turning off. I'm old enough to remember the Noll era. story I've heard; one game they were getting smacked by the Bengals. it was prime game of the week and the tv people were thinking of switching to another game but the more the steelers were losing the more people turned in to watch so they kept it on.

good info on the Browns/Bengals.

Knox, I wonder if Seattle could have used Thomas out there yesterday?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

9. Re: AFC North

Chaos, anyone but the NEPs would have made great entertainment. don't blame you for turning off. I'm old enough to remember the Noll era. story I've heard; one game they were getting smacked by the Bengals. it was prime game of the week and the tv people were thinking of switching to another game but the more the steelers were losing the more people turned in to watch so they kept it on.
    Nice! That's pretty funny, thanks for sharing!

Some of their fans definitely thought so.

10. Re: AFC North

Without a doubt. Dalton hooked up with Ross on a Hail Mary type play at the end of the first half that should never have happened. The safety took an awful route and missed bad on deflecting the ball. It was very reminiscent of the Flacco-jacoby Jones play in the 2012 playoffs on the 70 yard score.

Seattle’s offensive line looked terrible. I mean really, really bad. I think they’re quite beatable when we go out there next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I mean the Browns dropped one to the fucking TITANS! That's an average team at best!
    And the Titans were sick of hearing about how they were going to lose, so they brought their best game to shut everyone up. The Browns under pressure with expectations was a failure with a resounding thud. Like this says, they don’t beat the Jets next they’re going to have some issues.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Cincy should have won that game. Bullock missed a 45 yard FG in the 2nd half. They also heavily outgained the Seahawks and were constantly in the backfield pressuring Wilson.

That said, I’m not sure how good the Seahawks secondary is?
    We took their heart