Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 14
  1. #1

    We resigned D'anthony Thomas

    Why? He was pretty bad last half of the season. He didn't do much on special teams or when he was put in the offense.





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    28,426
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: We resigned D'anthony Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    Why? He was pretty bad last half of the season. He didn't do much on special teams or when he was put in the offense.

    Jamison Hensley
    ESPN Staff Writer
    The Ravens re-signed returner De'Anthony Thomas but they'll likely bring in more competition for that spot. Thomas, who was signed by Baltimore around midseason after being cut by the Chiefs, was an average returner who didn't provide as many big plays as expected. He tied for 15th with 5.7-yard punt return and 18th with 18.9-yard kickoff return average.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...anthony-thomas


    ... Bc





  3. #3

    Re: We resigned D'anthony Thomas

    Fallback plan, minimal cost.

    I suspect our return game problems were more about the blocking than about the returner. Our special teams as a whole were very sub-par by Ravens standards, probably due to a lot of new blood; possibly also due to the loss of Rosburg. (Hopefully more the former than the latter, because the former is fixable.)
    "Not bad for a running back."





  4. #4

    Re: We resigned D'anthony Thomas

    Likely wonít cost us anything. Insurance just in case we canít find a way to improve. Would assume this is a minimum deal with no guarantees money. Heíll be in camp and if we have a better option, heíll be cut.





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    shrewsbury, pa
    Posts
    2,475

    Re: We resigned D'anthony Thomas

    Draft a college guy who also returned kicks. A little competition see's who gets the job.





  6. #6

    Re: We resigned D'anthony Thomas

    Heís trash. Hopefully we can draft his replacement and cut him.





  7. Re: We resigned D'anthony Thomas

    I was more enthusiastic about getting De'Anthony Thomas than I was about how well he actually played. It seems like, looking at the stats, he was about average.

    Can Trace McSorley return kicks and punts?

    The Ravens should be bringing in 1 or 2 or 3 college running QBs who are on the 90, and competing with both Trace and De'Anthony. Can be a running QB backup, QB 3 QB 4 and also KR and/or PR and also RB 4 or 5 or 6 and also WR 4 or 5 or 6. Basically what Taysom Hill does, plays a little bit at a whole bunch of positions. I like Malcolm Perry, Lynn Bowden and Khalil Tate for that. These would be day 3 draft picks or udfas. And they either have the stuff, initially, to make the 53, or they go to practice squad, or they're cut. It just seems to me that the Ravens could find someone better than Trace, upgrade there, or they could find someone better than De'Anthony, upgrade there, but if they bring in a day 3 pick or picks or udfas to the 90, it doesn't mean that those new players are necessarily going to be better than Trace or De'Anthony. It's definitely possible that they'll be able to find guys who will be better, more versatile, capable of doing Trace's stuff and De'Anthony's stuff, but it's not at all certain that whoever they bring in will actually be better than Trace, better than De'Anthony or better than both. Lamar would be better than De'Anthony at KR/PR, right? Probably. So it's not unrealistic to think the Ravens could find someone who could be better than both. Because Lamar is. But it isn't at all assured that whoever they bring in would be better. Just seems to me that the general area of Trace and De'Anthony could be improved on, theoretically, it would be good to have one or more of those players, and the Ravens should add players to try to find that upgrade.





  8. #8

    Re: We resigned D'anthony Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    I was more enthusiastic about getting De'Anthony Thomas than I was about how well he actually played. It seems like, looking at the stats, he was about average.

    Can Trace McSorley return kicks and punts?

    The Ravens should be bringing in 1 or 2 or 3 college running QBs who are on the 90, and competing with both Trace and De'Anthony. Can be a running QB backup, QB 3 QB 4 and also KR and/or PR and also RB 4 or 5 or 6 and also WR 4 or 5 or 6. Basically what Taysom Hill does, plays a little bit at a whole bunch of positions. I like Malcolm Perry, Lynn Bowden and Khalil Tate for that. These would be day 3 draft picks or udfas. And they either have the stuff, initially, to make the 53, or they go to practice squad, or they're cut. It just seems to me that the Ravens could find someone better than Trace, upgrade there, or they could find someone better than De'Anthony, upgrade there, but if they bring in a day 3 pick or picks or udfas to the 90, it doesn't mean that those new players are necessarily going to be better than Trace or De'Anthony. It's definitely possible that they'll be able to find guys who will be better, more versatile, capable of doing Trace's stuff and De'Anthony's stuff, but it's not at all certain that whoever they bring in will actually be better than Trace, better than De'Anthony or better than both. Lamar would be better than De'Anthony at KR/PR, right? Probably. So it's not unrealistic to think the Ravens could find someone who could be better than both. Because Lamar is. But it isn't at all assured that whoever they bring in would be better. Just seems to me that the general area of Trace and De'Anthony could be improved on, theoretically, it would be good to have one or more of those players, and the Ravens should add players to try to find that upgrade.
    We get it - you like former QBs that are changing positions. You don't need to spout about the same 3 guys on every single thread.





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    near Asheville, NC
    Posts
    12,377

    Re: We resigned D'anthony Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Likely won’t cost us anything. Insurance just in case we can’t find a way to improve. Would assume this is a minimum deal with no guarantees money. He’ll be in camp and if we have a better option, he’ll be cut.
    Yeah, not much to see here really. Let him get a full off season (or truncated off season due to CoVD19).
    "It's gonna be a problem. Whether Lamar Jackson runs it or not, it's gonna be a problem."
    - Brian Baldinger





  10. Re: We resigned D'anthony Thomas

    Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    We get it - you like former QBs that are changing positions. You don't need to spout about the same 3 guys on every single thread.
    It's not every single thread. It's only the threads that have to do with backup QB, speedy jet sweeper types, KR/PR and other ST, and generally Taysom Hill types.

    So far, I haven't been mentioning these players in the Coronavirus thread, for example.

    What I've found - here and elsewhere - is that there are some people who read and remember everything, that would be you I guess, and there would be others, and there are people who don't read and remember everything, they might only see one of my posts with the names Perry, Bowden and Tate in them. A thread about De'Anthony is going to find me typing those names. But a thread about Jihad Ward isn't. It's true that I stay on message and it's true that I don't look elsewhere for my opinions. I generate them myself, so my set of opinions is not going to look like a set of generic opinions from TV.





  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    shrewsbury, pa
    Posts
    2,475

    Re: We resigned D'anthony Thomas

    Looking at the cut list didn't Jarius Wright return kicks for Carolina.?

    Would he have been better. Or want more.





  12. #12

    Re: We resigned D'anthony Thomas

    I wonít be upset until he makes the team





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site