Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Should we rest Lamar?

Win the Jets game we lock up home field right? Would you rest LJ8 against the Browns and Steelers? Keep him fresh for the playoffs and avoid taking more hits than he has to. Or would this make him rusty going in? You know Lamar is going to want to play. He’s a true winner and competitor, but we have our eyes on a bigger prize

Re: Should we rest Lamar?

I'm normally against more than one week of rest, but after we clinch the 1 seed (probably Week 16) I'd be okay with tapping the brakes.

I would treat those games similar to the 2nd-3rd preseason games.

But Lamar is in the MVP hunt and that doesn’t happen every year.

We have to win 2 or win 1 New England lose to Bills

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    Win the Jets game we lock up home field right? Would you rest LJ8 against the Browns and Steelers? Keep him fresh for the playoffs and avoid taking more hits than he has to. Or would this make him rusty going in? You know Lamar is going to want to play. He’s a true winner and competitor, but we have our eyes on a bigger prize
    LOL. Are you serious. Division might be wrapped up but the #1 seed won't be. I expect all starters including LJ to play that last game.
    I bleed purple, Big Truss!!

If everything is sewn up by the last game the only reason you’d want to play LJ would be to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs, if they find themselves in a win and in situation. That is an interesting dilemma for the Ravens to ultimately gift the Steelers a playoff appearance if they personally cannot gain any advantage, and opt to rest players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I would treat those games similar to the 2nd-3rd preseason games.

But Lamar is in the MVP hunt and that doesn’t happen every year.
    I totally agree with your first sentence. I don't think it would be good to just sit him and let him get rusty.

While I'd like him to win MVP, it's not as important as the Super Bowl. If I could have one or the other, that I'd take the latter... Bc

No, we don't lock up home field with Jets win.

If we were to lose our final 2 games, and either Pats and or Chiefs win out, we are out of #1 seed.

Win 2 more, and we are good to go.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I totally agree with your first sentence. I don't think it would be good to just sit him and let him get rusty.

While I'd like him to win MVP, it's not as important as the Super Bowl. If I could have one or the other, that I'd take the latter... Bc
    Agreed Bc.

And the way Lamar starts slow sometimes I feel like he’s a rhythm passer. Don’t take him out of the “flow” for too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we need Lamar to beat the Browns though? Seems like it should be RG3 time to get him ready for the playoffs as well. We could bring Lamar in if we had to I guess. Worst case we could bring him back to roll the Steelers

Do we need Lamar to beat the Browns though? Seems like it should be RG3 time to get him ready for the playoffs as well. We could bring Lamar in if we had to I guess. Worst case we could bring him back to roll the Steelers
    Uh...yeah...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't change a thing. Keep doing what they're doing
    Long Live The Bat