Page 23 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast

Re: Can we all take a moment to laugh at the Browns?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Don't you worry about me "chirping" Shrubbs....there's a lot more coming.
    You'll get a shot at us in a few weeks but in the mean time you can hardly blame us for engaging in behavior that a significant portion of your fanbase, local radio personalities, national pundits/talking heads are already engaging in wholesale.

You're a dumpster fire until you're not a dumpster fire.

Winning fixes everything including your current situation but you ain't winning yet.

Don't you worry about me "chirping" Shrubbs....there's a lot more coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryBird View Post
    Lets cool down the dynasty talk, the hapless Browns embarrassed us at joke a few weeks ago. Let’s see how to bounce back when we meet them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    One step at a time.
    Two of these fans' team is the 2 seed in the AFC with a 6-2 record. The other fan's team is 2-6 and just lost to a journeyman backup making his first start 3 years after he was drafted in the 6th round. Which fan is a fan which team?

The Ravens fans have actually had success, and are not trying to hype up their team any more than they've earned. They're tempering expectations and being hesitant and thoughtful. Browns fans constantly talk trash despite not having a .500 season since 2007. It's a garbage organization with garbage people running it. Win a superbowl, win a playoff game, win your division, get to the playoffs, hell even get to .500 before you start gloating. Your team is bottom of the league trash, you, the media, and other fans dug your own grave with the ticker tape parade you threw all offseason, and everyone involved in that clearly knows nothing about football and should be embarrassed by their lazy no effort take. Mayfield is literally the worst QB in the league right now. There should be nothing but humility coming from Cleveland. But they still try to be obnoxious. If beating a division rival (if you can even call it that historically) is enough of a celebration for you guys, it shows just how tortured your fanbase really is.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Two of these fans' team is the 2 seed in the AFC with a 6-2 record. The other fan's team is 2-6 and just lost to a journeyman backup making his first start 3 years after he was drafted in the 6th round. Which fan is a fan which team?

The Ravens fans have actually had success, and are not trying to hype up their team any more than they've earned. They're tempering expectations and being hesitant and thoughtful. Browns fans constantly talk trash despite not having a .500 season since 2007. It's a garbage organization with garbage people running it. Win a superbowl, win a playoff game, win your division, get to the playoffs, hell even get to .500 before you start gloating. Your team is bottom of the league trash, you, the media, and other fans dug your own grave with the ticker tape parade you threw all offseason, and everyone involved in that clearly knows nothing about football and should be embarrassed by their lazy no effort take. Mayfield is literally the worst QB in the league right now. There should be nothing but humility coming from Cleveland. But they still try to be obnoxious. If beating a division rival (if you can even call it that historically) is enough of a celebration for you guys, it shows just how tortured your fanbase really is.
    Damn Shrubbs! Straight out the freezer with this one, cold as ice!

Shrubbsy the Savage!!!

All I can tell you is this. You have several ongoing threads here devoted to pointing out how dysfunctional and terrible the Cleveland Browns are. I only defend them, when you guys are getting out of hand. Obnoxious?...how about declaring LJ equal to Johnny Unitas after 2 games this season? Or how about planning on 16 -0 after 2 games? That's obnoxious. You may catch me coming back with smart ass comments in replying to your ( not necessarily you personally) remarks. I enjoy the back and forth with most of you guys. To put the blame on the fans for the failures of this team is unreasonable. The offseason hype was created and fueled by the media. I know a lot of Browns fans, and I know of none who claimed superbowl, or even division winner. Every fan I know was guardedly optimistic. I may come over here and talk crap sometimes, but you never catch me calling your team Ratbirds, or making personal attacks. Of course, I've thrown out the occasional " idiot" when frustrated by idiotic comments, but I've been warned, so I'm trying to watch it. On the other hand, you have at least one poster who shows up once in a while on the Browns board with no reason other than to call names and antagonize. Judging by his spelling and word usage, he's probably around 13 years old. My comment regarding the Browns beating the Ravens at home, was designed to make you think about what you're posting. If we are really that terrible, how did we manage to beat you?....any given Sunday? That's exactly my answer to you beating the Patriots.

Blog Entries

All I can tell you is this. You have several ongoing threads here devoted to pointing out how dysfunctional and terrible the Cleveland Browns are. I only defend them, when you guys are getting out of hand. Obnoxious?...how about declaring LJ equal to Johnny Unitas after 2 games this season? Or how about planning on 16 -0 after 2 games? That's obnoxious. You may catch me coming back with smart ass comments in replying to your ( not necessarily you personally) remarks. I enjoy the back and forth with most of you guys. To put the blame on the fans for the failures of this team is unreasonable. The offseason hype was created and fueled by the media. I know a lot of Browns fans, and I know of none who claimed superbowl, or even division winner. Every fan I know was guardedly optimistic. I may come over here and talk crap sometimes, but you never catch me calling your team Ratbirds, or making personal attacks. Of course, I've thrown out the occasional " idiot" when frustrated by idiotic comments, but I've been warned, so I'm trying to watch it. On the other hand, you have at least one poster who shows up once in a while on the Browns board with no reason other than to call names and antagonize. Judging by his spelling and word usage, he's probably around 13 years old. My comment regarding the Browns beating the Ravens at home, was designed to make you think about what you're posting. If we are really that terrible, how did we manage to beat you?....any given Sunday? That's exactly my answer to you beating the Patriots.
    The Browns Fans call their own stadium the Factory of Sadness. A local website is called https://factoryofsadness.co/

Your fan base is trash. It has thrown full beer bottles, snowballs, batteries, and dog bones at players and referees.

You are a troll. PERIOD. You come out of nowhere to a Ravens board last year when your team first starts to sniff a bit of success and try to claim you are cool like other posters here from other teams. I got news, you are not. Hell, I bet none of them have ever even been warned.

I can’t wait for you to either get banned or you tire of antagonizing Ravens fans.

Here's the thing. I want to make it clear that I don't hate you. I understand that tone can be difficult to interpret in text, and I understand we're at totally adversarial positions on this topic, but I'm just talking ball. None of it is personal, I don't wish you'd leave the board, and I don't think you're bad/stupid/awful. I just wanted to put that out there so that you don't take my comments the wrong way.

Look, every fanbase has obnoxious fans that don't know the first thing about the game. Every single fanbase. There are probably Browns fans who are very level headed and decided to be "cautiously optimistic". There are probably even more level headed Browns fans that took the logical approach of "I'm not getting excited until they actually do something, I've been burned before." That being said, maybe this is just a byproduct of following GreatWhiteNorthRaven on Twitter, but I have seen literal hundreds of stupid, hateful, vitriolic Browns fans that are still talking shit. And it's not just there. This is the fanbase that threw beer on a Titans player. There is a radio host (we have a thread about this) that came out and guaranteed that the Browns would beat the Broncos! How can a member of the media covering a 2-5 team in go on the radio and say that in good faith? Let me paint you a picture:

I think we can agree that among the most obnoxious fanbases are the Patriots and the Steelers. They are loud, they are annoying, they constantly talk trash, and they clearly know very little about football. Why don't they get dragged around here. BECAUSE THEY WIN. Winners can say whatever they want. And I'm not talking about one win in week 4. I'm talking about years of consistent dominance. The Patriots have owned the AFC for 20 years, and the Steelers have owned this division for the most part. They are routinely the most talented, best managed, and best coached teams in the AFC. They get to talk. The Browns fanbase is the Patriots fanbase without the wins!

Even the quarterback of the Browns is more focused on outside noise, on taking shots at the media and the refs and his teammates, than actually winning football games.

Saying any given Sunday is ridiculous. The Browns played the better game in week 4. The Ravens played the better game in week 9. Yes, any team can beat any team, but you need more than one given Sunday for any of it to actually matter. That's like what Harbaugh said. He said it after the Dolphins game, and he's said it every win since including New England: "How many wins does this count for? ONE!". That is the difference between my team and yours. The Browns fanbase takes after their quarterback. Saying "any given Sunday" is akin to saying the Ravens are on top of the division by fluke. If the Browns or Bengals or Steelers win the division, I (and 90% of fans on this board) would NEVER say that they won it on a fluke. They had the better team, coaches, and management, and now it's up to my team to learn from their mistakes, work harder, and be better. I guess the Ravens fanbase takes after their quarterback too. We said it when Antonio Brown ended our season on Christmas, and we said it when Tyler Boyd ended it 2 seasons ago.

Regarding the threads: The Browns aren't special. We have a thread about how scary Pittsburgh is right now. We have a thread about how dumb the Bengals were for not making a move at the deadline. The reason that we have more Browns threads than usual right now, is because everyone counted us out. Everyone said the Browns were the team to beat in the AFC North. Most of us here knew that was bullshit. And it feels so good to be right. If the Bengals fans had spent all offseason victory lapping, if the media had crowned them, the threads would be about Cincinnati.

Essentially, celebrating an offseason, celebrating a 7-9-1 season, celebrating a division win from a month ago, is the act of desperate fanbases of loser teams. Stack wins! Challenge the division! God forbid win the division! And your team will start getting some respect. Until then, there is nothing to be proud of, nothing to gloat about. Nobody cares.

If you'd like to actually be a fan of a good team, consider this your official invitation into the flock.
    Last edited by Shrubbs; 11-08-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

8. Re: Can we all take a moment to laugh at the Browns?

Any given Sunday? I think thats hardly the case. Lets take an honest look at the difference between your team winning our game and us beating the Pats. IMHO it highlights the differences between our 2 franchises.

DIFF #1: As a team the Ravens started the season with a few question marks and an obvious weakness in the pass rush department. After games with the Chiefs and the Browns it became obvious that high talent teams (the Browns do have many talented players) were going to have their way with out defense. Having a high quality owner who gave the OK, and excellent front office executives (like our GM/Player personel types) they set about finding defensive help. Together with a more than competent coaching staff they tried to identify/secure pass rushing/ILB help. On the fly, in the matter of a few weeks they reworked our LB corps. They then decided if they could not get a front line pass rusher at a reasonable price they would pursue a different tact. Build a top notch secondary, second to none in the league. Our ownership, executives, and coaching staff is light years above the Browns.

DIFF#2: The Ravens are a team. It appears that the Browns are a collection of talented players. You need not look any further than the watch n shoes episodes with Landry and OBJ to see what I mean. Your players are looking to display their individualism where as everything about our franchise from the owner to the towel boy screams TEAM.

We beat the Pats because we are the better team.

Yes, maybe a few of our fans go a little overboard in knocking the Browns at times...but how can you blame them when we were force fed a diet of how great the Browns were going to be and how we would be lucky to be the 3rd place team in the division all off season. A diet that also included anointing your QB the second coming of Johhny U while telling us how ours would be lucky to survive pre season.

The media, and yes, many Browns fans as well spit in our eye for months and you want to blame us fans for laughing and saying F*** YOU, it's the same ole factory of sadness once the games began in earnest.
    Last edited by FloridaBasedFan; 11-08-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Blog Entries

I want to thank the Browns. That loss was a wake up call and the Ravens responded. They made a bunch of personnel moves on defense. They continued to improve the offense. This is a better Ravens team because they lost to the Browns. When the Ravens lock up the division we're all going to look back at that Browns loss as the turning point that made it happen

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Can we all take a moment to laugh at the Browns?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I want to thank the Browns. That loss was a wake up call and the Ravens responded. They made a bunch of personnel moves on defense. They continued to improve the offense. This is a better Ravens team because they lost to the Browns. When the Ravens lock up the division we're all going to look back at that Browns loss as the turning point that made it happen
    GOTA. not that I'm surprised in the least, but yours is such an interesting perspective... Bc

Still laughing......
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Here's the thing. I want to make it clear that I don't hate you. I understand that tone can be difficult to interpret in text, and I understand we're at totally adversarial positions on this topic, but I'm just talking ball. None of it is personal, I don't wish you'd leave the board, and I don't think you're bad/stupid/awful. I just wanted to put that out there so that you don't take my comments the wrong way.

Look, every fanbase has obnoxious fans that don't know the first thing about the game. Every single fanbase. There are probably Browns fans who are very level headed and decided to be "cautiously optimistic". There are probably even more level headed Browns fans that took the logical approach of "I'm not getting excited until they actually do something, I've been burned before." That being said, maybe this is just a byproduct of following GreatWhiteNorthRaven on Twitter, but I have seen literal hundreds of stupid, hateful, vitriolic Browns fans that are still talking shit. And it's not just there. This is the fanbase that threw beer on a Titans player. There is a radio host (we have a thread about this) that came out and guaranteed that the Browns would beat the Broncos! How can a member of the media covering a 2-5 team in go on the radio and say that in good faith? Let me paint you a picture:

I think we can agree that among the most obnoxious fanbases are the Patriots and the Steelers. They are loud, they are annoying, they constantly talk trash, and they clearly know very little about football. Why don't they get dragged around here. BECAUSE THEY WIN. Winners can say whatever they want. And I'm not talking about one win in week 4. I'm talking about years of consistent dominance. The Patriots have owned the AFC for 20 years, and the Steelers have owned this division for the most part. They are routinely the most talented, best managed, and best coached teams in the AFC. They get to talk. The Browns fanbase is the Patriots fanbase without the wins!

Even the quarterback of the Browns is more focused on outside noise, on taking shots at the media and the refs and his teammates, than actually winning football games.

Saying any given Sunday is ridiculous. The Browns played the better game in week 4. The Ravens played the better game in week 9. Yes, any team can beat any team, but you need more than one given Sunday for any of it to actually matter. That's like what Harbaugh said. He said it after the Dolphins game, and he's said it every win since including New England: "How many wins does this count for? ONE!". That is the difference between my team and yours. The Browns fanbase takes after their quarterback. Saying "any given Sunday" is akin to saying the Ravens are on top of the division by fluke. If the Browns or Bengals or Steelers win the division, I (and 90% of fans on this board) would NEVER say that they won it on a fluke. They had the better team, coaches, and management, and now it's up to my team to learn from their mistakes, work harder, and be better. I guess the Ravens fanbase takes after their quarterback too. We said it when Antonio Brown ended our season on Christmas, and we said it when Tyler Boyd ended it 2 seasons ago.

Regarding the threads: The Browns aren't special. We have a thread about how scary Pittsburgh is right now. We have a thread about how dumb the Bengals were for not making a move at the deadline. The reason that we have more Browns threads than usual right now, is because everyone counted us out. Everyone said the Browns were the team to beat in the AFC North. Most of us here knew that was bullshit. And it feels so good to be right. If the Bengals fans had spent all offseason victory lapping, if the media had crowned them, the threads would be about Cincinnati.

Essentially, celebrating an offseason, celebrating a 7-9-1 season, celebrating a division win from a month ago, is the act of desperate fanbases of loser teams. Stack wins! Challenge the division! God forbid win the division! And your team will start getting some respect. Until then, there is nothing to be proud of, nothing to gloat about. Nobody cares.

If you'd like to actually be a fan of a good team, consider this your official invitation into the flock.
    Lol...thanks for the invite, Shrubbs, but with my luck the Browns would then turn it around, for sure. Like I keep saying...sure we disagree on a lot of stuff going on with our teams, but that's because we're fans. I know you come across pretty harsh at times, but so what?...so do I. I have no problem with you and your ridiculous views whatsoever. I don't do the twitter thing, so don't lump me in with that. As you mentioned there are worthless delusional fans for all teams. You just need to look at one of the responses in this thread to see that. I'm looking forward freezing my ass off at the game here on Dec. 22.