Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

How much pressure is on Lamar Jackson this Saturday at 4:30 p.m?

This is the question that’s all over these sports shows and social media. I definitely think this is by far the biggest game in his career to date. Lamar has killed every narrative about him up to this point except the playoff narrative. It would be devastating to his reputation if we lost this game regardless of the MVP.

We are at home, against a rookie QB, rookie head coach, we have the number 1 defense, no more Roman, new weapons. We need this W.

My prediction: He’s ready and locked in. I trust Lamar and believe in him to get the job done.

Re: How much pressure is on Lamar Jackson this Saturday at 4:30 p.m?

This is his chance to show everyone he can get it done in the post season.

I just hope he isn’t super amped at the start and try to do too much.
    He’s done less hero ball this season. Maybe that’s just a function of having better weapons and a better OC.

I think he’s under a lot of pressure but I think he’s up for it.

Blog Entries

They’ll talk about it and show playoff loss clips during pregame

All the players have said he’s locked in at a different level. And they have guys like Roquan.

There’s something like 20 FA guys that may not be back. I think they all realize this may be the best opportunity of their career to win a SB.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Lamar is locked and loaded!
    Never too old for a happy childhood!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post

He’s done less hero ball this season. Maybe that’s just a function of having better weapons and a better OC.

We may see that in the 1st Q. I seen him like that last couple games, but he was able to settle in and get in a groove. This year he knows the rest of the team got his back and can hold up their part.

Blog Entries

Lamar be like:

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    We may see that in the 1st Q. I seen him like that last couple games, but he was able to settle in and get in a groove. This year he knows the rest of the team got his back and can hold up their part.
    This is a great point. Lamar used to be amped because he knew EVERYTHING was on him. He has a bunch of dogs around him that can match his level now.

Blog Entries

The concern is what it has always been, how will LJ deal with adversity if it presents itself. He plays brilliantly from ahead, but has struggled from behind. I believe that the defense can contain Stroud under the conditions of this game, and so this shouldn't be too big of a problem. But it's something that will occur at some point in the playoffs, either this Saturday or beyond, unless you think the Ravens will blow everyone out on the way to the Lombardi (not likely). This is the narrative that he's going to have to put away with his play.

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    Particularly in the SF game, he seemed a bit shaky initially, but eventually composed himself and played really good. I am optimistic that he can manage the pressure, and hope the coaching staff will provide support to help him regain composure if he feels overwhelmed.

There is some pressure on him to perform.

More MVPs than playoff wins is not a good look.

Though I will say, seeing Lamar with that smirk on being asked about scoring more than 20 points was very reassuring.

Blog Entries

Monken should recognize that Lamar can get really amped up before big games and call some high percentage passes early in the game to ease him into the flow of the game. I hope they don’t immediately throw the ball downfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

I too am concerned he'll be too amped up. He may need a drive or 2 to settle down, however I expect him to have legendary playoff run.