Page 70 of 198 FirstFirst ... 6869707172 ... LastLast

Re: Around the League - 2019 In Season

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Ibuprofen, which I still take occasionally, is rough on your body. Seriously, marijuana is far better than opioids or NSAID’s. People need to get there head out of their asses and let a natural drug provide relief.
    I take ibuprofen very rarely now because I had to take NSAIDs during a surgical recovery ( After the bleeding risk was done) and within a year developed chronic diverticulitis. I also got salmonella poisoning. I had bad fevers and gut flares for two years and finally got it under control.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Seriously? What's the trade value on a worn out coach?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Cash, draft picks, and players....?

Last time it happened was when Tampa traded for Gruden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Cash, draft picks, and players....?

Last time it happened was when Tampa traded for Gruden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems like a different NFL. Can't see a team trading cap or draft capital for a coach they can offer money to when he's fired. Tomlin's not some rare talent.

Then again, dumb teams do dumb things to maintain their awfulness.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Panthers and Saints doing very well with their starting QBs injured.

I don't doubt Brees will still start when he's back
    Kinda doubt Cam Newton will be re-inserted.
    tough decision for Panthers. He might be trade bait off-season.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Atlanta Falcons trade Mohammed Sanu to the Patriots for a 2nd round pick. Much higher compensation than I expected he'd get.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Panthers and Saints doing very well with their starting QBs injured.

I don't doubt Brees will still start when he's back
    Kinda doubt Cam Newton will be re-inserted.
    tough decision for Panthers. He might be trade bait off-season.
    Teddy Bridgewater really restarted his career. Saints were smart to pay him the $7M to be a backup, they've already got their money's worth.

What they do at the end of the year will be interesting

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Pats defense has a real chance to beat our 2000 mark in points. They've only given up 48 through 7 games which is incredible in this era. Having said that, their next 6 appear more difficult than the first seven, with games against the Browns, Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans, and Chiefs. If they get through that without crossing 165, look out, because their last three are @Cincy, then home against Buffalo and Miami.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Atlanta Falcons trade Mohammed Sanu to the Patriots for a 2nd round pick. Much higher compensation than I expected he'd get.
    Just went official. There goes one of my WR targets, but I wouldn't have been interested anyway at that cost.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Pats defense has a real chance to beat our 2000 mark in points. They've only given up 48 through 7 games which is incredible in this era. Having said that, their next 6 appear more difficult than the first seven, with games against the Browns, Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans, and Chiefs. If they get through that without crossing 165, look out, because their last three are @Cincy, then home against Buffalo and Miami.
    Yeah the pats havent played a competent offense yet. Best they have seen is Buffalo who arent great. I'll be interested to see what they do against us, Philly (not great right now either), Dallas, Houston and KC(is mahomes is back).

Their schedule appears so easy. Bills (not sold on yet), Ravens and Chiefs are the only really good teams they play. I hate them

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Ibuprofen, which I still take occasionally, is rough on your body. Seriously, marijuana is far better than opioids or NSAID’s. People need to get there head out of their asses and let a natural drug provide relief.
    A lot of people on here were really pissed off with Eugene Monroe for fighting that very fight. It's absurd that NFL players can't use marijuana for pain management.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Teddy Bridgewater really restarted his career. Saints were smart to pay him the $7M to be a backup, they've already got their money's worth.

What Drew Brees does at the end of the year will be interesting
    FTFY.

Brees' contract is wild. https://overthecap.com/player/drew-brees/1492/

He's due to make zero dollars -- ZERO -- over the last two years of the deal. No salary. It's all pro-rated bonus money. The Saints have a $21MM cap hit for Brees next year, whether he plays for them or not.

Not sure what happens if Brees retires. I guess the Saints could go after some of that bonus money, but I doubt they would.

EDIT: Just read the notes in the Over The Cap page. It says:
    "The signing bonus used prevents forfeiture in the event of retirement at the end of the contract.On March 12, 2019 Brees converted $16.2 million to a signing bonus. The move created $10.8 million in cap space for the Saints in 2019 and deferred $10.8 million to 2020 and 2021, both of which will void at the end of the 2019 league year."
    There is some black magic going on with that contract, but I'm going to need someone smarter than me (e.g. Brian McFarland) to explain it.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Dallas NBC affiliate delayed the warning of an F3 tornado because the Cowboys game was on:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-cowboys-game/

Glad they've got their priorities in order.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell