Page 191 of 198 FirstFirst ... 189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,292 of 2373

Re: Around the League - 2019 In Season

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I was actually thinking that might not be a bad landing spot for Flacco.
    Sure. He would make a great backup to Cousins.

Here we go again. It would never happen because Cousins is the better QB and will likely have the best year of his career with Kubiak.

Impossible. Flacco's cap hit is huge and Vikings have very little cap space
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

Pats 2nd round rookie busted for drugs: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports...011224658.html

I'm sure they'll get this swept under the rug. Chung was indicted on federal cocaine charges and nobody said a word, he played all year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Tony Lombardi

Kurt Cousins has 1 year left on his deal w/ the #Vikings. Might this be a potential landing spot for Joe Flacco? Good O-line & running game w/ the 5th-ranked defense in 2019 & Kubiak seems like a fit for Joe if he's willing to come in as the 2. And of course accepting backup $$$.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

According to Spotrac the Vikings are literally negative in the cap right now. I doubt they could afford Flacco even at a backup rate if the Broncos cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Pats 2nd round rookie busted for drugs: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports...011224658.html

I'm sure they'll get this swept under the rug. Chung was indicted on federal cocaine charges and nobody said a word, he played all year
    2nd player arrested in a week for them. Edelman was arrested for vandalism or destruction of property something like that.

Still waiting for the NFL to drop the hammer on their last cheating scandal????

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Honestly I don't think he gets in without the rings or SB mvps
    That’s the interesting question. Let’s go down the list of all-time QBs, setting aside Rivers, Ben, Eli, Ryan for a moment.

All the other top 13 are in the HoF or will be (in the case of Brady, Brees, and Peyton.

#14, 15, and 16 are Carson Palmer, Vinny Testaverde, and Drew Bledsoe. I seriously doubt anyone considers any of those guys HoFers.

So if you take championships out of the equation for Rivers, Ben, Eli, and Ryan: are they more like Marino/Moon/Tarkenton, who are all HoFers who didn’t win championships? Or are they more like Palmer/Vinny/Drew, who racked up stats through longevity but never won a Super Bowl?

— Ryan is definitely not a HoFer at this point; very much in the Palmer/Vinny/Drew mold, though he did at least play in a Super Bowl. Although he is young enough that if he plays another five years racking up the yards, he could end up in the top 5 all time, and then you almost have to put him in.
    — Rivers, Ben, and Eli are almost identical, except two of them have two rings, and one has none.
    Ben: led the league twice, six Pro Bowls, one All Pro
    Phil: led the league once, eight Pro Bowls, two All Pro
    Eli: never led the league, four Pro Bowls, never made All Pro

So ignoring championships, of those three, you’d have to rank them 1) Phil, 2) Ben, 3) Eli or 1) Ben, 2) Phil, 3) Eli.

I don’t know how much weight you should honestly give to championships, but any weight at all pushes Ben over Phil.

But what about Eli? Never even made an All Pro team or led the league. The Pro Bowl is so easy to make anymore, and he only made it four times in sixteen years. And he is .500 for his career. And yet, in the 100-year history of this league, only six guys have passed for more yardage than him.

Tough question.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Tony Lombardi

Kurt Cousins has 1 year left on his deal w/ the #Vikings. Might this be a potential landing spot for Joe Flacco? Good O-line & running game w/ the 5th-ranked defense in 2019 & Kubiak seems like a fit for Joe if he's willing to come in as the 2. And of course accepting backup $$$.
    Zimmer has said a ton of great things about Sean Mannion in the past. I can't see why he wouldn't bring him back. Mannion is going to be a lot less than whatever Flacco is looking for after he's released. It's not like the Vikings a looking for competition for Cousins. Cousins 2019 was statistically better than any year Flacco had in his entire career

Tony Lombardi

Flacco is done have you seen him play

Tony Lombardi

Cousins would be resigned before they would go after joe

Blog Entries

Tony Lombardi

I was just putting things together. Flacco 'claims' he's willing to be a backup if that's his best chance at getting back into a starting role. Denver's going to release him. Kubiak was the main reason why Flacco ended up there to begin with, outside of Elway's love for 6' 5" big armed QBs. Fangio didn't want to give Kubiak full control over the offense so he left. Flacco has already ran Kubiak's offense and some of the changes Kubiak made to it, by his own admission, came from Flacco's suggestions. If they can find a way to get out of Cousins' contract, why pay all of that money to Cousins if you're just going to ask him to manage the game when you can pay Flacco a fraction of that price to do the same thing. Flacco's accomplished more without ever throwing to a WR duo of that caliber. Minnesota is a built playoff team. In the playoffs, are you going to trust Cousins or Flacco?

I mean, Kubiak is gonna push for him to at least be a backup there.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore