Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Drew Brees defends himself after drawing LGBTQ criticism for a "National Bring your Bible to school day" video

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    All the best people I know in life, people who are better than me, all are very religious
    Same for me as well.

At the heart of identity politics is looking at the collective over the individual. That very notion is tearing this country apart right now. Putting "religious" people into a "they're all hypocritical assholes who molest altar boys" box is textbook identity politics. It's a false way to see the world, IMO.

Devout people saved my wife and I when we went through our family crisis a few years back. God is good, indeed.

Re: Drew Brees defends himself after drawing LGBTQ criticism for a "National Bring your Bible to school day" video

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Nope. Can’t change it. Don’t wanna change it. Don’t care. I figure this ...the few gay guys and girls I’m friends with are in most eyes Sinners. So on that note ...I won’t be lonely in Hell and it may be a fun place to be cause those cats can party!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everyone is a sinner.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

My opinion on people of faith is based on personal experience and life lessons.

Most people of faith that I know personally are the worlds biggest hypocrites. Say one thing do the opposite. Very judgmental. Nothing like going threw the Hell of putting my daughter in Rehab and being judged by people I thought were my friends. Being looked down on by these same people. And to make it worse ...they did the same to her when she came home. No embrace of encouragement ,no out reach of love. Meanwhile AA/NA is 100% faith based! They teach them to seek a higher power for guidance!

And then of course there is all the BS with the different crimes and corruption in the church. Catholic priest touching young boys. Televangelist ripping off poor people.

I’ve been to different churches throughout my 46 yrs. and truthfully since I was a young man all the sermons have had an agenda. One pastor preached about how women shouldn’t be in the military. A woman’s place is in the home. Another flat out hated gays. Just because. Said they were evil sinners and were going to burn in Hell. Another spoke about addicts as if they were gonna burn in Hell. And then there’s always the politics. I don’t want my politics ties to any religion.

So if you feel I’ve somehow “judged “ you ...I apologize. But my opinion of organized religion is earned. And I know that not all people of faith are like what I said ... but that’s what I experienced in a time when I maybe needed a reason to find God. Instead I found the hypocrisy of religion.

That's insane. Our church gave the associate pastor a leave of absence so he could go up rehab for alcohol.

Agreed. I don’t think All Christians are bad. Or do I think all Jews or Buddist or what have you are bad. I have a jaded view of organized religion in general. It’s not meant as a personal shot at any of you here.

As I’ve said before ...you guys would all be welcome at my dinner table for food , drink and great conversation. We don’t all share the same views and that’s what makes this place great.

On a side note, you know who really seemed to have some issues with organized religion? Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    On a side note, you know who really seemed to have some issues with organized religion? Jesus.

Lol.

Blog Entries

Lol.

As Homer Simpson once wisely said “It’s funny cause it’s true”

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    As Homer Simpson once wisely said “It’s funny cause it’s true”
    Ah yes. The Great American Philosopher Homer Simpson. Lmao.