Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Drew Brees defends himself after drawing LGBTQ criticism for a "National Bring your Bible to school day" video

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Few things:

Everyone who is gay is not born that way, SOME definitely chose it.

2nd, why do we say that it’s not a choice like people would never choose it if they could? Is there something wrong with it where they shouldn’t choose it?

3rd: I’ve posted this before on this topic
    https://summitchurch.com/message/how...affects-us-all
    This is a mega church here in Raleigh, with like 16,000 members. The pastor is president of the Southern Baptist Convention (hard to get more conservative Christian) with 48,000 churches. It starts at the 10:00 mark till about the 37:00 minute mark, where he talks about not being the worst sin, saying not to treat gay people differently, that God loves them as much as he loves him (the Pastor) AND that he agrees they were born that way (that’s about the 25:00 mark) the acting on it is the choice.

I post all that to say, the perception that conservative Christians hate gay people is a bit prejudice.
    I’m not sure someone would actually choose to be gay. Maybe now that it’s “cool”. But normally ....nah. Basically their outcast of society. Afraid to “come out”. The common perception is that it’s wrong. And to an extent I agree. I don’t understand how a man could love another man that way but I’m not gay. Women I have different view because women are beautiful. And who doesn’t appreciate beauty? But in the end ..the heart wants what it wants.

Maybe from a religious view it’s a sin and a choice? And I get that , that’s what I thought too. But to think that is to believe that God is without flaws. That I don’t believe. So isn’t it possible that maybe the wrong “soul” got placed in the wrong skin suit? As in a gay guy is really a woman on the inside?

Now I know the argument that gay doesn’t happen in nature except for humans. Ok.
    Ever notice that in every creature ( basically) the male is the beautiful , colorful one? That’s the opposite in humans. Why?

In the end ...who cares? Why is this even a fight? As long as no one gets hurt ..let people live. Both sides are kinda ridiculous. Like I said to Carroll .....I personally don’t care what your sexuality is nor do I care about your religious choices ....but I do expect you to respect my right not to give a shit about what you think. Don’t push your agenda on anyone. If you’re gay ...be gay!
    If you are religious...great ..be religious. But why does one side have to be right? It’s a big world. If it ends tomorrow...someone has some explaining to do! And there are gonna be ALOT of disappointed people. Because we all don’t believe the same. So someone is gonna be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Drew Brees defends himself after drawing LGBTQ criticism for a "National Bring your Bible to school day" video

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    When did I ever say I am against same sex marriage?
    Did you say you weren’t? To me you’re implying that you are just that. Maybe I’m wrong? And if so I can freely admit it and apologize

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I’m not sure someone would actually choose to be gay. Maybe now that it’s “cool”. But normally ....nah. Basically their outcast of society. Afraid to “come out”. The common perception is that it’s wrong. And to an extent I agree. I don’t understand how a man could love another man that way but I’m not gay. Women I have different view because women are beautiful. And who doesn’t appreciate beauty? But in the end ..the heart wants what it wants.

Maybe from a religious view it’s a sin and a choice? And I get that , that’s what I thought too. But to think that is to believe that God is without flaws. That I don’t believe. So isn’t it possible that maybe the wrong “soul” got placed in the wrong skin suit? As in a gay guy is really a woman on the inside?

Now I know the argument that gay doesn’t happen in nature except for humans. Ok.
    Ever notice that in every creature ( basically) the male is the beautiful , colorful one? That’s the opposite in humans. Why?

In the end ...who cares? Why is this even a fight? As long as no one gets hurt ..let people live. Both sides are kinda ridiculous. Like I said to Carroll .....I personally don’t care what your sexuality is nor do I care about your religious choices ....but I do expect you to respect my right not to give a shit about what you think. Don’t push your agenda on anyone. If you’re gay ...be gay!
    If you are religious...great ..be religious. But why does one side have to be right? It’s a big world. If it ends tomorrow...someone has some explaining to do! And there are gonna be ALOT of disappointed people. Because we all don’t believe the same. So someone is gonna be disappointed.

Sexuality is not a choice, but acting on it is. For example, being attracted to women was not a choice for me, but having sex before I was married was.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

That’s what I’m saying, now that it’s cool. Some definitely choose it

From a religious view it’s definitely a sin. But I don’t agree the wrong soul got placed in the wrong body.

To entice/attract the female is the theory/answer

In the end it’s either right or it’s wrong. If it is wrong (along with other wrong things we do) wouldn’t you want to know?

That’s what I’m saying, now that it’s cool. Some definitely choose it

From a religious view it’s definitely a sin. But I don’t agree the wrong soul got placed in the wrong body.

To entice/attract the female is the theory/answer

In the end it’s either right or it’s wrong. If it is wrong (along with other wrong things we do) wouldn’t you want to know?
    Nope. Can’t change it. Don’t wanna change it. Don’t care. I figure this ...the few gay guys and girls I’m friends with are in most eyes Sinners. So on that note ...I won’t be lonely in Hell and it may be a fun place to be cause those cats can party!

Blog Entries

Nope. Can’t change it. Don’t wanna change it. Don’t care. I figure this ...the few gay guys and girls I’m friends with are in most eyes Sinners. So on that note ...I won’t be lonely in Hell and it may be a fun place to be cause those cats can party!

Lax, we gotta meet one day cause I do love ya!

Lax, we gotta meet one day cause I do love ya!
    Yes Sir! You and Brother Rav!

Blog Entries

Yes Sir! You and Brother Rav!

Honestly I’m not sure. He seems like he has anger issues

GFY NC

Did you say you weren’t? To me you’re implying that you are just that. Maybe I’m wrong? And if so I can freely admit it and apologize

How have I "implied" anything of the sort? All I've done is disagree with your assertion that not supporting same-sex marriage automatically means someone hates gays. Instead of apologizing, perhaps a moment of reflection on why you always attribute the basest intentions to people of faith.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    How have I "implied" anything of the sort? All I've done is disagree with your assertion that not supporting same-sex marriage automatically means someone hates gays. Instead of apologizing, perhaps a moment of reflection on why you always attribute the basest intentions to people of faith.
    My opinion on people of faith is based on personal experience and life lessons.

Most people of faith that I know personally are the worlds biggest hypocrites. Say one thing do the opposite. Very judgmental. Nothing like going threw the Hell of putting my daughter in Rehab and being judged by people I thought were my friends. Being looked down on by these same people. And to make it worse ...they did the same to her when she came home. No embrace of encouragement ,no out reach of love. Meanwhile AA/NA is 100% faith based! They teach them to seek a higher power for guidance!

And then of course there is all the BS with the different crimes and corruption in the church. Catholic priest touching young boys. Televangelist ripping off poor people.

I’ve been to different churches throughout my 46 yrs. and truthfully since I was a young man all the sermons have had an agenda. One pastor preached about how women shouldn’t be in the military. A woman’s place is in the home. Another flat out hated gays. Just because. Said they were evil sinners and were going to burn in Hell. Another spoke about addicts as if they were gonna burn in Hell. And then there’s always the politics. I don’t want my politics ties to any religion.

So if you feel I’ve somehow “judged “ you ...I apologize. But my opinion of organized religion is earned. And I know that not all people of faith are like what I said ... but that’s what I experienced in a time when I maybe needed a reason to find God. Instead I found the hypocrisy of religion.