Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Scout Board seems to have officially died....

There are a group of folks that have been flinging pooh at each other over there for years on the Politics and Current Events board.

The site navigation got really wonky and weird a few weeks back and today I can't get there at all, not even from my profile where my post history is. I just get a file not found type of message. Not sure if it's my account or the entire site.

It seems that if you build a group of folks that come back year after year every day you would want to retain them. The value of those boards is advertising to those people right?

Makes no sense.

So I think I'll just hang out here from now on.

The Politics forum over there was the only interesting thing left anyway. This is where I come to get Ravens information.

Re: Scout Board seems to have officially died....

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    There are a group of folks that have been flinging pooh at each other over there for years on the Politics and Current Events board.

The site navigation got really wonky and weird a few weeks back and today I can't get there at all, not even from my profile where my post history is. I just get a file not found type of message. Not sure if it's my account or the entire site.

It seems that if you build a group of folks that come back year after year every day you would want to retain them. The value of those boards is advertising to those people right?

Makes no sense.

So I think I'll just hang out here from now on.

The Politics forum over there was the only interesting thing left anyway. This is where I come to get Ravens information.
    I crashed it

Did the "our future" thread finally create a black hole?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Chris Redman is our future........people.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Looks like you have to pay to post anywhere anymore. The football version of that board has gotten pretty pathetic and I spend too much time as it is on the Politics board so this might be where I part ways with Scout forever.

There are only so many times and ways you can say the same thing to the same people about the same topics....

There is no hearts and minds being changed over there. That place is a microcosm of everything wrong in politics today. The guys over there make Elizabeth Warren look like William F. Buckley.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Looks like you have to pay to post anywhere anymore. The football version of that board has gotten pretty pathetic and I spend too much time as it is on the Politics board so this might be where I part ways with Scout forever.

There are only so many times and ways you can say the same thing to the same people about the same topics....

There is no hearts and minds being changed over there. That place is a microcosm of everything wrong in politics today. The guys over there make Elizabeth Warren look like William F. Buckley.
    whats the link?

I might want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    whats the link?

I might want to play.
    bal.scout.com

Tell me if you can get to the forums.

Here's the weird thing I can see the Scout.com Cleveland and Pittsburgh forums but not the Baltimore forums/message boards.

Makes me think my account got bricked.

Same here

I thought it was moved here?

Blog Entries

Was the that one that dude Galen Somethingorother went to?

Darb - you remember him?

If he went there I can see why it would be shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac View Post
    I thought it was moved here?
    No there was a falling out with mods way back when scout.com continued on but it died years ago

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Was the that one that dude Galen Somethingorother went to?

Darb - you remember him?

If he went there I can see why it would be shut down.
    Used to love arguing w/that guy.