Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Scout Board seems to have officially died....

The old/legacy scout boards are now officially dead. It just happened in the last hour.

I was posting some greatest hits over there all week, digging up funny and memorable posts over the last few years.

One of the last ones was about that freak from Cleveland "Hank the Tank" lol.

All things come to an end...

Grateful for this place today.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

They killed all of the forums for NFL teams that did not have publishers associated with them by not moving them to the new mode. When Aaron left that site the football news was crap. But keeping those forums going cost them near nothing and that was the only traffic the Ravens portion got, the news was useless. So what little traffic the Ravens portion got (along with many other teams without publishers) is gone. It makes no business sense.

Andrew Hill in his epic opus, Point of Departure wrote about his dedication to refuge in a new monastery. Take heed.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Was the that one that dude Galen Somethingorother went to?

Darb - you remember him?

If he went there I can see why it would be shut down.
    I dont think I ever loved to argue with anyone as much as G7... Global Warming, Trayvon Martin...

When my idle time returned and interest once again grew to have a place to talk football this past pre-draft season, I looked back into Scout and here... that place was a graveyard, all but dead. My choice was obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I dont think I ever loved to argue with anyone as much as G7... Global Warming, Trayvon Martin...

When my idle time returned and interest once again grew to have a place to talk football this past pre-draft season, I looked back into Scout and here... that place was a graveyard, all but dead. My choice was obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know G7 was a huge pain, full of strawmen and I swear he used to do some petty stuff like reply late at night so his post went unreplied to for a few hours so he could feel he won... but I agree I did love to argue with him.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You know G7 was a huge pain, full of strawmen and I swear he used to do some petty stuff like reply late at night so his post went unreplied to for a few hours so he could feel he won... but I agree I did love to argue with him.
    I am still convinced that he was getting paid to post. He would constantly bump his own threads and then brag about the number of replies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I am still convinced that he was getting paid to post. He would constantly bump his own threads and then brag about the number of replies.
    Nah... he did the same here, he was just weird like that. If I recall correctly he either got an infraction or banned for a week and left cause he didn't feel the rules were enforced equally.

Blog Entries

I say good riddance. That board sucked and a lot of the people on that board were equally as obnoxious.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    Andrew Hill in his epic opus, Point of Departure wrote about his dedication to refuge in a new monastery. Take heed.
    That sounded kind of Galen-like, lol.

Anything you can imagine Dr. Smith from Lost in Space saying is a good rule of thumb for a possible Galen alias.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 10-18-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

I must admit I really miss that board. I never posted much, but just took perverse pleasure in seeing G7 get his ass handed to him by zeus, dream, sip amongst other classic posters.

One funny post I can take credit for: Galen always professed to be some kind of mental counselor. A few years ago, some book came out that he was crowing about & he said he was going to cancel some of his counseling appointments so he could read it.

I replied to him that he'd better give his head-shrinks 24 hours notice, or he might get charged for the visit.

Wonder what the head-case is up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Wonder what the head-case is up to these days?
    Lurking here. No doubt.