Re: Pick six! (2019)

Cardinals
    Dolphins
    Bengals
    Bucs
    Lions
    Raiders

Shall we revisit this list, now that we've seen two weeks of football? (Note, I added the two late entries to this)

Team Count Record
    MIA 38 0-2
    ARZ 35 0-1-1
    CIN 32 0-2
    OAK 20 1-1
    WAS 19 0-2
    TBB 19 1-1
    NYG 17 0-2
    DET 15 1-0-1
    BUF 13 2-0
    DEN 7 0-2
    NYJ 5 0-2
    TEN 5 1-1
    IND 5 1-1
    JAX 3 0-2
    PIT 3 0-2
    SFF 3 2-0
    BAL 2 2-0
    CAR 1 0-2
    CLE 1 1-1
    MIN 1 1-1

Which highly played teams look better than predicted?

Which lightly played teams look like they were good pulls?

Which struggling teams are too early to give up on?

Which soaring teams are going to come back to earth still?

4. Re: Pick six! (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Shall we revisit this list, now that we've seen two weeks of football? (Note, I added the two late entries to this)
    Nice, I meant to come back to this thread today, but I'm glad someone else did the hard work for me. Now I can just drop these. Since 2002 (realignment), teams that start:
    • 0-2 have made the playoffs only 11.4% of the time (16/140). The 2007 Giants won the SB! Two teams made the playoffs after an 0-2 start in 2018 (Houston and Seattle).
    • 2-0 have made the playoffs 56.1% of the time (78/139). The Bengals and Dolphins both started 2018 2-0 and missed the playoffs.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Which highly played teams look better than predicted?

Which lightly played teams look like they were good pulls?

Which struggling teams are too early to give up on?

Which soaring teams are going to come back to earth still?
    To me the most glaring "soaring" one is the Bills, who've played against probably less talent than the Ravens at this point.

And of course the QB injury teams are probably the "good pulls," namely Pitt and Jacksonville

Doing good except for picking the Bills but still fully expect them to fade

My six teams are 0-11-1 so far.

My six teams are 0-11-1 so far.
    Lions will fade once they play their division. Buccaneers might be the second best team in their division with Cam impersonating a grandma on and off the field and with Brees hurt. I still don't see them making the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by guymf4; 09-18-2019 at 12:17 AM.

9. Re: Pick six! (2019)

UrinatingTree's newest video (if you're not watching them, you're missing out; here's a link) informed me the Bengals have been eliminated. I meant to dig up this thread and check out how everyone was doing during the bye (halfway through the season), but I'll take this opportunity instead. I won't go into detail about individuals at this point (I'll leave that to Jim and his buzzer). Instead, let's see how the RSR forum's collective predictions are turning out.

~42 users provided somewhere between 40 and 44 entries (some users didn't follow the rules, namely by providing more/less than 6 teams). These entries included 22 different teams. It'll be easier to list the 10 teams no one selected:
    • CHI
    • DAL
    • HOU
    • GB
    • KC
    • LAR
    • NE
    • NO
    • PHI
    • SEA

The major miss here is Chicago, who are 3.5 back from a WC spot. Houston could be in trouble with a loss tonight. The Rams aren't in particularly good shape either. On the whole, the forum stayed away from teams that will likely make the playoffs.

On to the actual selections. The board was pretty prescient overall. Of the teams that received significant selections (reference this post for a table; the Chargers and Falcons were added after), 1 has already been eliminated (Cincinnati), and only 2 of the 9 teams with more than 10 selections have a real chance of making the playoffs (Buffalo, Oakland). For the rest, elimination is simply a matter of time.

The other teams selected are also likely to miss the playoffs for the most part. The remaining 13 teams include some major misses (MINx2, SFx4, BALx3). Outside of those two choices, the Colts/Steelers/Titans have to have decent odds to still make it.

I've begun to update the spreadsheet I created earlier (link), highlighting correct picks. I'll continue to do so moving forward.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Let me own up early so I can minimize shame later - I had SF and Minny. Not my best picks ever, unless these guys implode.

This was fun. Needs to be an annual tradition.

Proud to say I have 5 teams in last place in their division with only the Jets in 3rd. Looking pretty solid

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Buffalo. Didn’t see that one coming.